Missed OATH ceremony..didnt receive letter to go!! hELP!

Goldenspoon

Registered Users (C)
Well i didnt have a good interview :mad:@ the end i didnt know if i had gotten it or not she told me she doesnt know if i am approved or not her supervisor makes that decision. SO i left not knowing.....
then i recieved a letter less than a mth after the interview to say that i missed my OATH ceremony JAN 08, i didnt even receive the letter to attend when i call USCIS they told me just to watch my mail mailbox maybe the letter got lost !!!!! ??? HUH?????:eek: i wanna kno what to do now am upset

Last edited by a moderator:
then whats the problem? If they clearly said they will send yo oath letter later then you have to wait. i was afraid of this happening therefor i used to call the IO line every other day and ask if i got oath..

Well i didnt have a good interview :mad:@ the end i didnt know if i had gotten it or not she told me she doesnt know if i am approved or not her supervisor makes that decision. SO i left not knowing.....
then i recieved a letter less than a mth after the interview to say that i missed my OATH ceremony JAN 08, i didnt even receive the letter to attend when i call USCIS they told me just to watch my mail mailbox maybe the letter got lost !!!!! ??? HUH?????:eek: i wanna kno what to do now am upset

Sorry this happened to you :( What you can do is call to ask if you are scheduled for an Oath ceremony they may tell you the date over the phone if they have it. Other than that just be very watchful/careful with your mail.

Hope you get your new Oath date soon :)

nyc nyc nyc why i was worried is that i missed the first mail which was weird i never missed a mail from them so am thinking some one's messing up and they may send me another one and i dont receive it...i scheduled a INFOpass just to check up on it... thnks HOPIN in 2009 i did call but they had nothing on file amd jus gonna wait & go to infopass

then whats the problem? If they clearly said they will send yo oath letter later then you have to wait. i was afraid of this happening therefor i used to call the IO line every other day and ask if i got oath..

what happened when u called the IO line nyc nyc ..did they have ur date to tell u and what is IO by the way (tryin not to sound stupid):p

to make u peace of mind, call the hotline frequently, once u r told ur new oath day, make an infopass and let them print you a copy of OL.

I wonder if anyone can use anyone as representative by sending a G-28
form. If that is teh case, one can minimize the risk of losing mails
by just adding his/her spouse as a represnetive by filling a G-28 form.
I believe USCIS will send NOA to both applicant and the representative.
This way the risk is minimized -- Probablity(losing two letter)=Probablity(losing one letter)^2

I wonder if anyone can use anyone as representative by sending a G-28
form. If that is teh case, one can minimize the risk of losing mails
by just adding his/her spouse as a represnetive by filling a G-28 form.
I believe USCIS will send NOA to both applicant and the representative.
This way the risk is minimized -- Probablity(losing two letter)=Probablity(losing one letter)^2

Yeah, no. It has to be an attorney, and it has to be an attorney recognized by the USCIS.

You missed your oath letter in JAN 08 and now (FEB 09) you are trying to do something about it? What were you doing all these days?

You missed your oath letter in JAN 08 and now (FEB 09) you are trying to do something about it? What were you doing all these days?

The OP only found out that he missed the oath several weeks afterwards. He never received the original oath letter.

Goldenspoon, what is the update on your case?

Same thing happened with me to too. Very frustrated now :mad:

i am frustrated too, the same thing happened to me and i am sure there was no mix-up because my lawyer never received any notice too. all i can do now is reschedule the oath ceremony. it's bad enough i had to wait for more than 120 days to get my result, last month the immigration said my case was still pending and now they said i have missed the ceremony. unbelievable!

What's your timeline? :)

i am frustrated too, the same thing happened to me and i am sure there was no mix-up because my lawyer never received any notice too. all i can do now is reschedule the oath ceremony. it's bad enough i had to wait for more than 120 days to get my result, last month the immigration said my case was still pending and now they said i have missed the ceremony. unbelievable!

GoldenSpoon, RAVI74, McPop, all of you missed the Oath because you never received the letter. If you guys have the same DO, you should all go the same day at the same time (more or less) with an INFOPASS and ask for a supervisor.- :cool:

my timeline

i had my interview on 10.27.08 and i had every answers right to the civic test and the lady told me she had to let the supervisor reviewed my case and recommend that for approval so i was left hanging since then. in late december they requested some additional information and i resubmit the package in January. In march 27 when it was obviously over 120 days since the interview my laweyer mailed in and made inquiries about the progess they sent me a letter on march 9th telling me the "case is still pending". April 7th my lawyer received a letter saying that i did not attend my oath ceremony and indicated they will reschedule for it. i was puzzled because neither my lawyer nor i ever received the N-445.

Goldensppon, Ravi74 & Mcpop I'm hoping u all have taken your oath and are Citizens by now. I've had the same case as u, that I've also received a letter saying that i missed my oath whereas i never received any oath letter. My question to u all is that I just wanted to know how did u guys go about your case and after how long did they reschedule your oath.

PLEASE HELP !