Missed I-485 filing in June 2007

My attorney posted my I-485 application on 29th. I don't know if uscis will accept applications received on 30th June.

My PD is FEB 2003 EB3

Help appreciated

they didnt accept applications on june 30th. My wifes AOS was sent on 29th for sat delivery, could not be delivered on 30th since they were closed and was delivered on 2nd at 7.55 A.M. I was current in june.

Your guess is as good as mine, if they will accept it. I am guessing no to keep my hopes down.

Mine is same as yours. I was current for June. My lawyer filed it on Jun 29th & it reached CIS today 07/02 at 7:55 AM. Keeping my fingers crossed ....

Most who were current in June will probably be current again in October. After so many pending cases have been approved and taken out of the queue last month, the dates should not be much worse than they were in June.

But I feel sorry for those with EB3 PDs in 2005-2007. They got their hopes up, spent all that money thinking they could file their 485 in July and get an EAD soon, then it turns out they may still have to wait until 2009 or later.

visa bulletin in october

jackolanter - i don't think we will be in october where we were in June.. remember the tons of people who applied in June .. also the country quota kicks in .. i feel we will be back to june 2002

Most of those applying in June would not have older PDs than those who already had their I-485 pending before October 2005. Also remember that the country quota still in effect in June, because the fourth quarter of FY2007 didn't start until July.

My PD was Dec 2003 (Current as of June Bulletin)

My PD was Dec 2003 (Current as of June Bulletin), the application was DELIVERED on June 27 according to the USPS Tracking Number, I am OK?

Post Marked Date

Mine went out June 30'th and received on July 2'nd and PD was current in June. Attorney says it is 'post marked date' that matters and says there is a good chance of accepting since it was current when we applied and things changed while in transit. Does any one have /heard same theory.

RIR GA EB2
SWA PD: March 13,2003
CERTIFIED (online) : 06/15/2007
Hard Copies : 06/26/2007
I-140/I-485 : 06/30/2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Attorney messed it up

I've sent my documents on 25th May for June filing to attorney. They opened the package on 29th June as they were busy in filing I-140 Substitute labors. I asked them so many times with only answer being the July bulletin and still have time till 31 July. Once the revised bulletin arrived, everything got shattered. I'm a victim of shear foolish and careless attitude of attorney.

Greenways , As I understand and read its not the post marked date but the reciept date when someone actually receives at the office that matters. I think we have very little hope if any.My case also went out on June 29th.

Those who sent it on 29th Friday should be fine as they can still recieve it on Saturday as per my attorney. Remaining all (PD Jun 2003 and before) can wait for another 2 years to become current as it will retrogress to May 2001 since no visa numbers will be available in October 2007 (FY 2008) atleast for EB3 as per the quota.

Also it cannot be postmark date. If that is correct, then all applications coming in on July 2nd (whose PD wasn't current in June) will be rejected since they will be postmarked in June.

My package was delivered on June 2nd. I don't know what will happen.
I am confused when i track status says Delivered

Sent: 06/29/2007 3:00PM
Delivered on: 07/02/2007 8:46 A.M.
Delivered to: LINCOLN, NE, US
Signed by: PITCHER
Service Type: NEXT DAY AIR

My package was delivered on June 2nd. I don't know what will happen.
I am confused when i track status says Delivered

Sent: 06/29/2007 3:00PM
Delivered on: 07/02/2007 8:46 A.M.
Delivered to: LINCOLN, NE, US
Signed by: PITCHER
Service Type: NEXT DAY AIR

Was your PD current in June 07

Its not about Fedex or UPS. CIS is not open on Saturdays or Sundays. So there is no one to receive it on weekends

Can you sue your attorney?

See if you can find another attorney to sue your attorney. Somethings, especially filing of I-485s, shouldn't be left to the attorneys because they have their own agenda. My previous attorney did not respond to me e-mail for 3 months way back in 2005. I got screwed for nearly three years because of that idiot. Thankfully, I found another guy and he has made my life somewhat easier with just following whatever I tell him, because I hired him. I cannot tolerate the attorneys taking me for a ride just because they have a license to practice.

I've sent my documents on 25th May for June filing to attorney. They opened the package on 29th June as they were busy in filing I-140 Substitute labors. I asked them so many times with only answer being the July bulletin and still have time till 31 July. Once the revised bulletin arrived, everything got shattered. I'm a victim of shear foolish and careless attitude of attorney.