Missed I-485 filing in June 2007

I missed my filing too in June 2007

I too missed it by a day or two for my filing - my lawyers took their own sweet time to review all my documentation which I had so promptly and patiently collected during May end and beginning June. What can be done with them? I do not think it will help by yelling at them.

Jackolantern, glad to have you back - I really look forward to your posts.

Sad in Chicago, S.

Definition of I-485 "Filing" and Receipt of June VB Cases in July 2007

I got this from immigration-law.com.

07/05/2007: Definition of I-485 "Filing" and Receipt of June VB Cases in July 2007

Readers are sending us email inquiry whether the USCIS will reject the I-485 application for the June 2007 current cases for them which they post marked and shipped out via US Postal Services or via overnight delivery services which was delivered on July 2, 2006. These cases will also be rejected as under the revised July 2007 Visa Bulletin, entire EB visa numbers will remain unavailable effective July 2, 2007. Since filing of I-485 is not determined by a post mark but by physical receipt of the application, these cases are likely to be rejected as it physically arrived at the Service Center buildings on July 2, 2007 when the unavailability of the EB visa numbers took effect.
If the June application was shipped out in June when their visa number was current and delivered on June 29 or earlier date, the application is considered timely filed unless there were flaws in filing such as missing filing signatures, defective checks, or even missing important initial evidence. These applicants should preserve the overnight delivery tracking certificates and the cancelled checks of filing fees to prove that the applications were timely filed before July 1, 2007. Issuance of hard copy Receipt Notice does not control for the purpose of the proof of "filing."

The funny part is if there is no Visa number available in July how are they going to issue a reciept number for applications received on or before 29th. If that is the case then they can as well accept postmark date of 30th and issue a receipt number.

The point I couldn't comprehend is Visa number comes into picture only when I-485 is approved which we are not expecting anytime soon or until October atleast.

The funny part is if there is no Visa number available in July how are they going to issue a reciept number for applications received on or before 29th. If that is the case then they can as well accept postmark date of 30th and issue a receipt number.

The point I couldn't comprehend is Visa number comes into picture only when I-485 is approved which we are not expecting anytime soon or until October atleast.

I completely agree with you. But if USCIS decide atleast to hold on to these, that is going to save us:
1. $$$ in terms of USCIS revised fees
2. $$$ for attorneys in the name of revising package.
3. Few trips to attorneys office and countless waiting time
4. Another anxious prep. Time
5. Another employment letter from employeer with current date
6. Trip or two to Doctors Office with an obligation to reprint else more $$$
7. Another trip to USPS /FedEx
8. Another W2, Tax Returns, New Paystubs (who knows.........,)
9. Another 2 months of speculation and anxiety on priority date
10. Not to forget several Phone calls and eMails trying to be nice

ohhhfffffffffff. Did'nt we just go thru all these ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed 485 Filing in June

I am one of the UNLUCKY guys,.. could not able to file before june 29th..

Labor PD : Oct 2001

Mine is same as yours. I was current for June. My lawyer filed it on Jun 29th & it reached CIS today 07/02 at 7:55 AM. Keeping my fingers crossed ....

Tell me about it...Mine reached exactly at 7.55am on July 2nd and it was signed by R.Williams. I was begging my attorney to file before 29th But..MY PD is December 2001. Missed the boat man...I also checked with USCIS got one lady on the phone and she told me very clearly that they are going to reject it...

SNanjundaiah , any luck with your filing receipt ? , mine was received by R.Williams as well, was it filed to Lincoln NE.