Misprint in passport stamp on arrival date to the US

Marusia_GC

Registered Users (C)
My son and I went to our home country for this past Christmas break - 3 weeks. We came back to the US on Jan. 04, 2008. But today I have found out that the arrival stamps in our passports say Jan. 04, 2007 instead of Jan. 04, 2008! We got our GC in May 2007, so entered the US with green cards. What should I do now? Will this affect counting our uninterrupted term of staying in the US for citizenship? I am afraid I might also have trouble in coming back from my international travel that is scheduled in a month... Please, give me advise where to address about this misprint?

Don't worry about it. When they swiped your green card, the correct date of entry was stored in their system. Also, a pp stamp dated Jan 2007 would be ignored for naturalization, as only the travel dates after you got a green card are relevant for counting your days of presence and residence or post-GC return trips. Just remember to put the correct dates of all post-GC trips when filling out the natz. application.

But doesn't it look like we left the US on Dec. 19 (before Christmas), then left our country on Jan. 04, 2008 (got stamp!) for ... nowhere... and have never come back to the US? I have not saved stubs of the tickets, unfortunately... What if the computer system registered us as of January 04, 2007 as well?

But doesn't it look like we left the US on Dec. 19 (before Christmas), then left our country on Jan. 04, 2008 (got stamp!) for ... nowhere... and have never come back to the US? I have not saved stubs of the tickets, unfortunately... What if the computer system registered us as of January 04, 2007 as well?

You worry too much. The stamp is pretty much meaningless. Does it say ARC on it?