Misdemeanor Charge

settar

Registered Users (C)
i have an interview in 2 weeks and i was doing a background check to see if i missed anything,and i found out that in 2008 i had a ticket for emergency vehicle violation.i had no choice but to go to court(could not waive it).it was stupid i had no idea that there was such a stupid law.i wasn't speeding i saw the cop on the side of the road giving a ticket to another person,so i just passed the cop.i wasn't even close,but apprarently either u have to switch lanes or slow down,if not able to switch lanes.i pleaded not guilty but judge found me guilty,so i paid the fine and all.no jail time or anything.and i did not mention about this on my application.should i get the paper work such as court papers,so i am prepared if this comes up during the interview.seeing that degree of defense:Misdemeanor on the paper got me worrying.

i had no idea that there was such a stupid law.

The purpose of the law if to stop "stupid" people from hitting officers on the side of the road and to let them to do their job safely.

That being said, a single misdemeanor traffic ticket does not preclude you from naturalization.

thanks for the reply,ok the law makes sense,but cops gotta use their judgement,i was neither speeding nor close to hitting the cop.after i was pulled over,i saw them pull over at least 4 other cars with the same charge.ever since that date ive never seen a cop pulling over someone with this charge,heck i passed a cop car the day after i got the ticket and nobody pulled me over!!!what does that tell you????

,heck i passed a cop car the day after i got the ticket and nobody pulled me over!!!what does that tell you????

That laws are enforced inconsistently and that the ticket was not a deterrent for you to commit the same offense again. ;)

thanks for the reply,ok the law makes sense,but cops gotta use their judgement,i was neither speeding nor close to hitting the cop.after i was pulled over,i saw them pull over at least 4 other cars with the same charge.ever since that date ive never seen a cop pulling over someone with this charge,heck i passed a cop car the day after i got the ticket and nobody pulled me over!!!what does that tell you????

It tells me on that day, your state needed to screw enough drivers to meet their bottom line, so you chipped in with your fines. Officers have a responsibility to pull offending drivers on the side of the road, where they themselves, violators and non-violators aren't put in dangerous situation. I regularly see police officers pull speeding drivers over in the most inappropriate places, fast line during rush hour.... hello, are you nuts?