Misc. OCI Application Questions

himjug

Registered Users (C)
OCI card processing time

Hi,

I came to know OCI card processing takes around a month.Is there any way to expedite the same? If anybody knows please give me the pointers.

Thanks in advance.

It depends

I guess there is no standard answer to this question. By an large it is expected to be done in a month however there are cases where people have been in Limbo over 1.5 months or even 3 months to complete processing.

In my case I filed on Jun 28 and the website says granted and mailed from delhi on Jul 18th. Still hasn't reached NY.

So Aug 8th approx 1 month (if you don't add the july 4th weekend)

SFO - 2+ months still waiting

I sent mine around May22. As of now, I see no status information.
I hope that they have received it and 'processing' it. I am waiting
to plan my travel to India.

It seems from others experience it is 3 months or so in SFO.

SFO processed my PIO card in 14 days. I am just upgrading to OCI...

To be fair, they have indicated clearly on their website that they
would need 3 months. However, it is also indicated in OCI forms/instructions
that processing time is around 1 month. It seems to me that SFO is swamped
as there are too many of us under their jurisdiction... :)

-- GM

OCI timeframe

Applied in April. Got acknowledgement May 18 but have not heard anything else since. Registration Status UnderProcess. Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED. Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED

OCI-Chicago-Applied 7/28 - Status ?

Friends,
My OCI time line @ Chicago Consulate.
Applied Online - July 26, 2006
Sent Documents - July 27, 2006
Received Cocuments @ Consulate - July 28, 2006
(I forgot to keep a copy of the forms for me, hene dont know my applicatino number)
Awaiting for the receipt from the consulate with.
Any thoughts, how we could get he application number before I recieve the receipt from the consulate.
Any experiences from any one who has applied during the same time and have their case statu progressed.
Please share information.
Thanks and lot
YSU

Folks who applied in SFO ( or for that matter any cons )...How do you track your application? I mailed OCI application for my daughter last week and they received it in 2 day ( saw USPS tracking )..How do I track after that? Do I use the application no generated by Indian foreign affairs website ( part 1 ) to track ?

mnsweeps said:
Folks who applied in SFO ( or for that matter any cons )...How do you track your application? I mailed OCI application for my daughter last week and they received it in 2 day ( saw USPS tracking )..How do I track after that? Do I use the application no generated by Indian foreign affairs website ( part 1 ) to track ?
Yes, you use the USASIxxx... # you got when you filled the form online an dplug it in http://ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp in the "Online Registration #" field. BTW, it takes 2 months or more if filed in SFO consulate, for that thing to even get acknowledged.

Granted

Finally, after three and half months of waiting, my OCI status has changed to granted. Waiting to see when documents will be shipped.

coleville said:
Finally, after three and half months of waiting, my OCI status has changed to granted. Waiting to see when documents will be shipped.

typically every Friday afternoon, they update the SFO consular website and so if
you don't see your name this week, it's bound to be there next week since it takes 5-7 days for documents to reach SFO from Delhi based on historical case data for SFO OCI applicants.

Background color - please help

Hi Folks,

I called the CVS, Duane Reade, FedEx Kinkos and Walgreens. They all only do white backgrounds.

So, what on earth should I do? The NY Consulate and the form says "non-white".

Am thinking of just submitting the ones I have with a white background and seeing if they get rejected. These are normal US passport photos. US passports are all on a white background.

Any ideas?

I submitted pics that had white background after cutting them down to the size requested. NO place I went to had non-white backgrounds. I think they made the pic guidelines to make it even more of a difficult process than it already is.

Ok, I solved it. I took a light green pillow case and some tape to CVS. I stuck the pillow case on their white roll-down background. And the lady took the picture.

Voila - I have pictures with a green background now.

Just in case anyone else needs to do this :)

I have also submitted regular photos with white background. Lets see if they reject. I dont mind waiting anohter 3 months.

That's a good idea. I'm assuming they accepted my pics cause it's under review right now and they haven't sent it back. YET. I've got my fingers crossed.

Suriyan and DonLogan, let us know how it works out. I thought of the same thing, but I actually need to get it as soon as possible, so decided to follow the rules as best I could.

Plan is to get my US passport on Tuesday (has been mailed). Get a visa and cancel the Indian passport on Wednesday. File OCI on Thursday/Friday.

Just lining up the ducks in order to do that.

I had a hardtime getting a non-white b/k for my 2 yrs old daughter..spend 2 hrs driving to CVS,Walgress, Target and all those shops and none would take a non-white background picture. Finally I got it done at a Asian mom and pop 1 hr photo shop for $21 for 6 pix...completely idiotic reqt IMHO.

You know, by the time you cut the US Passport photo down to 35x35 mm, the background is somewhat irrelevant since almost all of it is the face.

Jeez, what insanity!

and 35mmx35mm is tiny compared to the US passport size of 50x50mm

Yea well they wanted that size so I had few options. I tried taking some pics myself w/a digi cam but got tired of it. OCI ppl think they are too good for passport pic regulations?