• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Minor Or Major mistake that can lead to disqualify? DV-2024 Winner

monk2024

Hello everyone!

I am one the winner of DV-2024
I have really low number in my confirmation.
But I have a question in my mind due to reason for disqualify me.
I entered first time and did only one attempt and won.
But It was the last day of the entry for lottery , due to rush I switched my name and surname :(
Do you have any idea that my case will trashed or could be explain to office/ KCC ?
I am waiting for your replies
Thanks in advance!

That issue on its own will not lead to a denial or automatic disqualification. When you fill out your DS260 form, be sure to list out your names in the correct order, then in the Other Names used section, list out your names in the switched order also. When you go for your interview, the CO may ask why you switched your names on the original entry form, you’ll have the opportunity to explain yourself at that point.

Thanks for your feedback. I am really concerned about that, I wrote an email to KCC about this miss visa versa. I hope they will give feedback soon as possible. Thus, I do not want to fill the form without any feedback because I could not find any case about my problem that have been approved or not

KCC will most likely not provide you with any useful feedback on what to do. Do keep us posted of their response to you though.

Hello, I won in DV2024, but I forgot to add my stepchild in the application (I translated the instruction incorrectly), I am now in the USA. (we are on the U2U program, and my husband’s daughter does not want to immigrate, she is in Ukraine) the situation in the country is difficult, we really need a green card. 1. Can I apply on AOS ? Is it possible to hope that USCIS will forgive this mistake? 2. Can you have any recommendations?
3. maybe i could write to USCIS? Thank you very much, sorry for my English

Last edited:
Hello, I won in DV2024, but I forgot to add my stepchild in the application (I translated the instruction incorrectly), I am now in the USA. (we are on the U2U program, and my husband’s daughter does not want to immigrate, she is in Ukraine) the situation in the country is difficult, we really need a green card. 1. Can I apply on AOS ? Is it possible to hope that USCIS will forgive this mistake? 2. Can you have any recommendations?
3. maybe i could write to USCIS? Thank you very much, sorry for my English
1. You can give it a shot. There’s a tiny possibility the IO responsible for adjudicating your case may miss the fact that you failed to list her on your entry form.
3. You never ever want to emphasize what could be an issue by drawing attention to it - writing either USCIS or KCC trying to explain this will only highlight the fact that you did not follow the instructions, not something I would ever recommend.

1. You can give it a shot. There’s a tiny possibility the IO responsible for adjudicating your case may miss the fact that you failed to list her on your entry form.
3. You never ever want to emphasize what could be an issue by drawing attention to it - writing either USCIS or KCC trying to explain this will only highlight the fact that you did not follow the instructions, not something I would ever recommend.
Thanks for your reply. What do you think, in this situation, is it better to send form 260 or only 485, or is it not important?