Milwaukee Transfer - Wait times

MSNGuy

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone have experience with their case being transferred to Milwaukee? What are the typical wait times fromt he time of the transfer to getting an interview call.

thanks in advance.

Milwaukee interview ..

A friend of mine got the interview in 2-3 months after it was transferred to the local INS at milwaukee . He and his wife went for interview ..the lawyer was also with him ... but he didnt interfere in the interview .The Guys asked them 10-15 questions Here are those

the company's employment letter ... on what position is he working on at current ... does he think he qualifies for the job he is doing ... from where did he graduated ... rate that college .... where u and your wife met ... for how long do you know each other ......do u and your wife plan to stay together for long ... and few other very basics questions.....

after that he said that he was satisfied with the interview and since that day some machine was not functioning properly he said that in couple of days he will send him a letter and after receiving it come here and get it stamped ... and after 2-3 days they got the letter and both of them went and got it stamped.

I hope the above helps you. Thanks.

I finally received interview letter from the local Milwaukee office after almost 4 months of waiting. Here are my details:

Tx to Milwaukee: 5/30/03
Fingerprinting: 8/11/03
Interview: 10/23/03

Will post the details of the interview once done.

All the best

MSNGuy I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your family . Do post the questions asked to you .

We both are in the same boat

Hi MSN,

What a coincidence! My case was transferred to Milwaukee office in April, and I got interview letter notice yesterday and mine is also scheduled on October 23rd.

In the interview letter they have check marked the box of I-94 and Passport to bring with me during the interview. I was thinking that they might have transferred my case because my marriage took place shortly before I filed for 485 and they would want to see my marriage certificate.

What are the check boxes marked in your interview letter??

KNshah

knshah & MSN

All the best to you guys ... do post your interview details here ...it will be helpful to us .

Thanks.

Approved

We had our interview today and got the case approved. We had taken a whole lot of document, and the officer asked for pretty much everything - from marriage proof to employment letter to our last visit outside US. The whole interview took around 35-40 minutes.

Congrats...

Nice to hear from you. From your reply it seems they wanted to check everything .

I think the other user Knshah also had interview yesterday at milwaukee ....hopefully he will update here soon.

Enjoy !!!

Interview

Hi guys,

Finished my interview yesterday at Milwaukee office.

They asked for following things in the interview.

Job letter
Marriage Certificate
Birth Certificate
Income tax return
Joint Accounts

It seemed more like a formality. Officer was nice and friendly. She said in the beginning of the interview that she wont be able to stamp our passposrt since our fingerprints had expired.. so it was a bit of disappointment, nonetheless she said u will get approval notices in “weeks”..

I guess I was overly prepared for the interview… Well, it didn’t hurt though..

I was hoping I will have great diwali tomorrow.. but I guess now we are here in US so I may have to wait for great Christmas…

Waiting still goes on..

I guess immigration process would make a positive change in your personality..(Don’t hate me guys..)
You will definitely become tolerant and highly patient individual…
I must confess though that I rather be impatient if I can…

Gctran,
I guess you had interview at Milwaukee 2 weeks ago, Have u got the approval letter??

Does anyone know how long would it take to get the approval letter???

Knshah

no

no i haven't recieved my approval yet. yes it 2 weeks since my interview. Looks like MSNGuy got his approval on the same day. but since mine was ac21 case , probably they have to look into more details.

question to MSNGuy :

did you get you apprvl on the same day and also got your paspport stamped ?

Thanks

To Gctran

Hi there,

Have you recieved your approval letter or still waiting??
I havent got mine yet. Its been 2 weeks already..

Let me know your status..

Thanks,
KNshah

knshah

knshah,
I haven't recieved mine yet(almost a month). I have a question for
you and MSNGUY: Where were your files transferred from ?
When i spoke to my attorney, he thought one of the possible reason for the delay could be because of BackGround FBI check which wouldn't have been done by BCIS center(TSC in my case) before the local INS recieved the case. Probably this check might take from 1 to 6 months. But this was my attorny's guess. Good Luck!!!! and please keep us posted with your case status. thanks

Gctran

My case was transferred from NSC. Officer told us that you will recieve approval letter in "weeks".. I dont know how many freaking weeks I will have to wait for it...

Thanks for quick response..

Case transfer

My case was tranferred from NSC as well. Did you try calling the FBI number if they have sent the results back?

knshah,
any progress from your side. nothing yet from here. before starting the interview , officer did mention that my case cannot be approved on the same day as he has to request a visa number( i thought it will be readily available). do you think it will take so long (more than 4 weeks) to request a visa number for the approval ? did the officer tell you the same reason for not approving on the same day ?

Hi GCtran

I havent recieved anything so far.
Milwaukee office seems to be lousy and they dont even answer
any kind of query.
I will definitely keep u posted with the progress.

Hi Khshah,
anything from your side. nothing from me. did u confirm about ur file being sent back to Nebraska. My guess is probably both of our files have been sent for "Name Check". and also my observation is people who recieved FP notice (and got it done) after file got transferred to local INS have got their approval on the day of their interview. My FP (and urs?) was done before the file got transf'd to Milwaukee(issued by Texas). keep us poseted and good Luck!!!!!