Miami Timeline

Congratulation!!! Thanks for posting your interview exp.

Can you post all the questions that USCIS officer asked during interview?

Hi to Sam99 and everyone waiting in the Miami area.

I am a US citizen who has been a “lurker” on this website for many moons and has found it exceptionally helpful as I tried to guide my wife along the road to gaining her citizenship. Well, thanks in no small part to reading the wonderful contributions of many people on this forum I am delighted to say that she took her oath yesterday morning and is now a proud U.S. citizen.

Her timeline (from memory) was as follows:

Filed N-400 July 28, 2008
Check cashed Aug 06, 2008
Fingerprints Sep 12, 2008
Interview letter Nov 21, 2008
Interview date Dec 15, 2008
Interview descheduled Dec 09, 2008
New Interview letter Jan 09, 2009
New interview date Feb 24, 2009 – passed
Oath letter Mar 09, 2009
Oath ceremony Mar 20, 2009

The complete process was around 8 months, but that was with a 2+ month delay for the rescheduling. There were 198 people sworn in at my wife’s ceremony in Hialeah yesterday morning at 7:30 am and we were home at 8:45 (we live 15 minutes drive from the office), so it was very smooth and efficient. An official told my wife there were another 2 ceremonies at 11:00am and 2:00 pm for the same number of people (200). It would seem that most people in this area are taking the oath within a month of their interview.

I hope this info is useful and would say that my wife has repeatedly told me that every USCIS employee she has encountered has been totally professional and courteous – a good experience with a happy ending.

Good luck to all as your journey continues, I’m sure you will get there soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
I applied my son's US PP for renewal and its taking more than 4 weeks at Miami Passport Agency office. I tried calling them and they never come on phone and kept me on hold for more than an hour and finally i gave up.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a U.S.passport(regular service-non expedited)?

Thanks!

When I can expect FP notice?

My checks got cashed last week on Fri 3/20, When can I expect FP notice as I will be travelling abroad soon. Any reply will be appreciated.

thanks tangtang. I should be expecting FP notice soon.

Can we go for FP before the schedule date as I will be travelling abroad? Anyone with suggestions.

Does USCIS mails get forwarded, if we change the address in Post office?

I had a doubt that USCIS mails does NOT get forwarded but I would like to know if any one is in this situation?

I might get FP notice anytime and I am thinking to change the address for our move, probably will do after FP but I am concerned about all future correspondence from USCIS.

If we change the address then do we need to inform USCIS by filing I-90 (forgot the form name). Any inputs? Thanks.

Miami N-400

Hi everyone, here's my timeline.
N400 sent Feb 16th 2009.
Received Feb 24th 2009.
Fingerprint notice March 6th 2009
Fingerprint date March 24th 2009 (rescheduled)
New Fingerprint date April 7th 2009 (completed)

Fingerprinting took less than 15 minutes at the NW 7th ave center.

I received my FP notice yday 4/8 and schedule on 4/16 at 7th Ave.

Does any one know when one normally received IL letter after FP in Miami area? I will be abroad for the month of May and hence doesn not want to miss any mails from USCIS.