Miami FL - N-400 Timeline

Hi -

Yes, Miami is slow. And its painful to hear of cases where people filed months after us and already have their passports in hand.

My approximate time line is as follows:

Oct end 2007 -- Sent Application
Dec end 2007 -- Received N400 notification from USCIS
Feb mid 2008 -- Received FP appointment for late Feb
(had just left the country, so had to post pone)
Apr mid 2008 -- FP walk-in
May mid 2008 -- Got interview letter with July end date
Jun end 2008 -- Got letter canceling interview, new date is Sept mid 2008.
Sep mid 2008 -- Interview pending...

I went for the original July interview date and found that all cases at the North Miami office had moved to the Miami downtown office and so we all lost our place in the interview queue. I have no clue when the next oath ceremonies are due but I assume mine will take place 2-3 months after the interview. So that gives me a total time of 13-14 months or 12 months not counting the FP delay due to my travel (which may have slowed things for me).

Miami should really plan for smaller, more frequent oath ceremonies. BTW, if anyone knows the upcoming oath ceremony dates, please do post them.

Thanks Livingit!
I think that many officesare moving much faster than Miami.
Well,we have no choice,but wait....
Anybody else from Miami area applied in 2008?

Miami naturalization

Where are all those people from Miami area?
I hope that somebody can share his or her experience....Please:)

Anyone used this?

All Naturalization inquiries must be made IN PERSON at the Naturalization Office from 8 am to 12 noon, Monday through Thursday at 77 SE 5th St.,Miami, FL. NO APPOINMENT NECESSARY Please use General Information slots to make an appointment for Adit Processing.

Miami N400 TIMELINE

Applied in Oct 16 2008
PD - Oct 23 2008
Notice says 730 days....

Anyone applied recently N400 during past few months ? If so pls share the info. It seems it takes anywhere from 9 - 18 months in Miami to get Citizenship slowest of all time. Up north in NYC, NJ it takes 4 - 7 months only....:mad:

Hi guys,
I am not quite sure on the exact date and time but I know I applied end of June. Another little tricks to know estimated date they receive your application...I paid extra for certified delivery. Although, it gets delivered to their post office, at least I know within a day or two INS would have it. Shortly after monitor your bank account to notice when your check is cashed...once that is cashed your receipt letter should be in the mail within 2 weeks!

Applied for N400 - last week of June
Certified receipt - July 3rd, 2008
INS Receipt - July 10
Fingerprint notice received - July 14
Fingerprints taken - July 29
More documentation needed letter - august 13 **** (make sure to enclose birth certificare copy to avoid you this problem!!!...they don't require in their checklist but will ask you for it at time of interview so might as well send it when applying)
INTERVIEW NOTICE RECEIVED - November 1, 2008
INTERVIEW DATE - Dec. 10th in Hialeah ... hope this helps!!!

N400 - Miami FL Timeline and Update

Thanks for the info. Anyone else can share their exp would be appriciated

Walk In

Aasalame -

I did the walk-in. Its no big deal. Tell the guards at the door you have a question and need to talk to an IO. Go early. They will give you a form to fill out and make you wait for some time. Then you go in through security, up one floor and give your form to the officer. They will ask you to sit down on one side or queue up outside a door. Its the same hall where all the interviewees are waiting. The IO will cal your name and let people in one by one. In my case, the IO was an elderly latin lady. She wasn't in the best of moods that day because their computer system was acting up and the lady ahead of me had probably bugged the hell out of her. I got about 10 minutes with her. The whole trip wasn't much use to me, but you can at least get an update. In theory, the IO can access everything in your electronic file.

Things to note. (1) Do not take a cell phone with a camera with you. Not allowed. (2) The web site used to say Friday walk-ins were possible but not any more. (3) And regarding parking - the pay lot in front of the office is $20. However, if you drive a little ahead and take a left near the station, you can find metered parking which is much cheaper.

Good Luck.

Hello, I am in need of immediate guidance so whoever can help me will be greatly appreciated... I became a resident in Feb. 03 but because of my husband's job, we had to leave the US in Dec 06, since then I have been coming back every 6 months so I don't lose my resident status. This year I had accumulated the required time to apply for citizenship so I moved back to the US in late May and sent my application around the end of October (they require 90 days consecutive prior to applying). I received a I-797C form confirming a Nov. 3 date of receipt for my application... now, here's where I need help. I need to go back to Brazil to be with my kids because my mother in law can't stay there any longer so what will happen if I leave the country by Dec. 1st? According to what I've been reading, I could get FP'd as soon as in 2 weeks, is that likely? And if I leave, would that affect my application? How? Any ideas? Please help... I don't even know if the INS would take in consideration the fact that I had to leave the country to be with my kids... are there any exceptions>??? Any help will help me... thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

Any back and forth travel before and during the process will raise scrutiny into your US residential ties. Expect to be grilled at the interview and provide supporting evidence that you kept your US residential ties while traveling.

N400 Miami Timeline Update 11/12/08

Applied in Oct 16 2008
PD - Oct 23 2008
Notice says 730 days....
FP Latter received 11/12/08
FP Interview sked on 12/04/08

shatssie

Leaving back and forth without N470 filed and approved can be an issue.

Did you fille your last 5 yr taxes as resident ? Did you maintain or kept house to prove that you had no intention of abandon the us residency ?

Even you have come back to us every 6 months they can add up and may be an issue. suggest you consult immigration lawyer...

MY application was received by USCIS on Dec 27th, 07.
Fingerprints were done in February
Today received my Interview Letter for Early January Date.

N400 Miami Interview

If you have read the threads you should know my interview was on December 10 at 8:15am in Hialeah. I originally applied end of June, and received my interview letter first week of November. I most inform you no cell phones, no cameras AND NO MAKE-UP!!! Ladies be aware or gentleman going in with your wives for you will have to go back to your car and lose your place in line. I am sure this rule affects ALL INS locations. I waited for about 15 minutes and was asked simple questions at first like Have you ever been convicted of a crime? Have you ever been in a mental institution? Basic questions then I was asked my 6 questions from the OLD test which I had studied for the new one!! I could of had either option based on the time I applied and when my interview was taken but Read the rules on that!! My 6 questions were:

Name some of the first 13 colonies?
Who said "Give me death or give me freedom"?
What was the first holiday the colonist celebrated?
What do we celebrate on 4th of July?

you MUST pass with 60% so you MUST get 6 out of 10 right!

I forgot the rest and then they ask you to write a sentence. Something basic like "I came to Miami for my interview today". And that was that.
will ask you to sign your pictures that you submitted withy our application.

The officer said congratulations, we will see you on the 9th (I am assuming January) for your oath ceremony. Hope this helps anyone. My ceremony will in the same Hialeah office one only one month from my interview.

thanks ephexwon and congrats, did you get your confirmation of oath date letter handed to you? were the questions from the flash cards? again congrats and hopefully ours will go as smooth as yours did,

anyone else with interview still this month with other oath dates??

thanks