Message from USCIS Director Emilo Gonzalez about Travel for asylees and GC throuh asy

Lazerthegreat said:
Want! I never suggested that you go out and take a fight with USCIS. This would be foolishness in its own sense. And where you came up with this "Big Boss" theory... who told you they are your "bosses" in any sense of the matter? USCIS is just a government agency who follow rules of US law. And you don't have to be scared if you have done nothing wrong.

Quiet frankly (and I am not boasting here) I was not nervous or worried when I applied for asylum. I was an educated guy who would be warmly welcomed by other countries. Therefore neither was I nervous the day I got my asylum nor I am nervous today. And I don't think that I would ever be nervous again UNTIL I do something wrong.

Lazer, I agree with you. If you haven't done anything wrong dont be scared however filing an affadavit saying You will be persecuted if you go back and then going back..isn't that breaking a law? I am not a lawyer..is that perjury?

I just have to file a lawsuit against USCIS to gather some guts :)

Last edited by a moderator:
wantmygcnow said:
Lazer, I agree with you. If you haven't done anything wrong dont be scared however filing an affadavit saying You will be persecuted if you go back and then going back..isn't that breaking a law? I am not a lawyer..is that perjury?

I just have to file a lawsuit against USCIS to gather some guts :)

Dont' forget to seek my help... I would get an immense pleasure kicking their butt for you... ;)

who made you sign that affidavit, by the way?

Lazerthegreat said:
Dont' forget to seek my help... I would get an immense pleasure kicking their butt for you... ;)

who made you sign that affidavit, by the way?

when they sent the I-602 waiver request, you had to file an affadavit listing as to why you are requesting it...

wantmygcnow said:
when they sent the I-602 waiver request, you had to file an affadavit listing as to why you are requesting it...

Oh! so its for those who entered illegally or without documentation and then granted asylum. yeah I think its a good point then!!.
If you said that last year and now you are visiting COP, it is penalty of perjury.

Lazerthegreat said:
Oh! so its for those who entered illegally or without documentation and then granted asylum. yeah I think its a good point then!!.
If you said that last year and now you are visiting COP, it is penalty of perjury.

Visiting COP is totally out of questin for me..I haven't even thought about it even for visitation or business or whatever(no family there) nothing for to do there..

wantmygcnow said:
Visiting COP is totally out of questin for me..I haven't even thought about it even for visitation or business or whatever(no family there) nothing for to do there..

But you have to take into consideration those who did not sign any affidavit (just swore that they are telling the truth at the time of interview) and some of them have asylums 8-10 years ago. So they were telling the truth at that time and now several things could have happened and it depends on what basis they originally applied for asylum.

(Similary "I loved that woman when I married her and got my green card. Then conditions changed and I started hating her...now I am divorced. But my marriage was not fake AT THAT TIME)...
:p

Totally agree with Lazerthegreat, also I belive the USCIS system is fair, equal and reasonable, that why we apply asylum and stay in this country.