=================================
07/27/2009 : N-400 Mailed by FedEx
07/29/2009 : N-400 Received at Lewisville, TX
Sep/ 2009: FP given some time in September 2009
10/28/2009: Interview given
11/19/2009: Oath letter recd for 12/14/09
12/14/09: Oath shcheduled @ 8:30 AM

Walkin FP

As wazimo indicated I just went to Atlanta today and walked in and did my FP with no issues. Thanks again for the advice.

Note my updated time line below
11/19/09: FP Notice Received.
12/04/09: FP Appointment (Atlanta).
11/23/09: FP Done (Atlanta) - Walkin before the org. appointment date ;)
**/**/**: Yellow Notice Received
**/**/**: Interview and oath
**/**/**: PP Application
**/**/**: PP Received

Sig. Update

Pls see updatged sig. below.
11/23/09: FP Done (Atlanta) - Walkin before the org. appointment date
01/20/10: Interview
**/**/**: oath

Oath timing

Is there any possibility to have the interview and the oath the same day in Memphis?

Here is my timeline in Memphis DO

DO: Memphis, TN
10/07/09: N-400 Mailed ( FedEx)
10/12/09: NOA Date.
10/19/09: FP Notice Received.
11/04/09: FP Appointment.
10/29/09: FP Done - Walkin before the org. appointment date
12/17/10: Interview -- Done

Anyone wiaitng for Oath in Memphis

Please let us know if anyone is waiting or got Oath letter recently in memphis DO, we completed our interview on 12/17/09

Thanks

Will do

Once I'm done with my Interview I will update my status, I do agree we need to keep this moving, so people pls update this forum with all your status updates, experience, and thoughts; many people will be benefit form this.

Interview Experience

Here is my interview experience yesterday 01/20/2010 @ Memphis:

Arrived at 9:45AM Local Memphis time, walk through the security check, usual stuff and questions like: Do you have an appointment? Can I see the appointment letter? Is your phone turned off? Let me see it, do you have anything in your pockets? etc… After that the security officer directed me to go to room 121 and drop my appointment letter at the opening near the door, and wait for your name to be called. Just to note the security officer was very nice and did all these activities with a smile on his face all the time.

Arrived at room 121 and dropped my letter then looked around there was many people there and with only like 2 or 3 seats available (everyone studying, reviewing, and reading the tests materials :)).

I waited for some time however noticed many people come and just either sit down or stand waiting for their name to be called without dropping their appointment letter, I told like 4 or 5 to go and drop their appointment letter, suddenly noticed that many people already there didn’t drop their letter and waiting for name to be called and they just realized that they need to do it. (They are going to be there for long time if they didn’t :)). Any way start chatting with some people in the room; which I noticed many of them are very nervous and they don’t want to talk :confused:.

At exactly 11:04 my name called, and the lady asked me do you have your green card and driver license with you? I said yes, then she asked me to follow her, and another lady was walking with us asking her where do you want to go for launch and stuff, it was very long walk all the way around the office towards the back. Once I stepped in the office she ask me please stay standing and raise my right hand and she starting saying that I do agree that all the information …… and I said yes, at that time she told me to sit and ask me that if I know that I have to take the test.

She start asking the questions (however during the time she is printing the questions that lady came back to asked is Olive Gardens is okay with her or other local restaurant (I don’t recall the name) – the conversation continue for some time and they decided to go to the local one she indicated that after me she had another person to interview and then she will be ready)

Hope I will remember the questions she asked me (and they are not in this order):
1) When is the Declaration of Independence adopted?
2) What is the name of the speaker of the house now?
3) We elect the president for how long?
4) Name one of the longest rivers?
5) How old you have to be to vote?
6) And another question which I don’t remember now

She handed me a page with like 5 Numbered phrases and asked me to read the first one:
1) Who is Abraham Lincoln .

She gave me another page with 5 empty numbered lines and she asked me to write:
1) Lincoln was the president during the civil war.

After that she asked me these questions:
1) What is your current address?
At this time she stopped and told me she forget to ask me my green card and driver license and my passport or travel document if I don’t have passport.
2) What is my phone number?
3) Then she said next set of questions will be yes or no questions. (she asked about 3 or 4)

She told me I pass all tests and at this time she said congratulation you have being recommended and you will be notified when the oath will be.

She also said do you have any questions? I asked if there any Oath ceremony in the nearest future any where regardless of the distance from where I leave because I have business trip very soon. She answered me no can’t do you have to wait to be schedule near your location.

Over all it took exactly about 8 to 9 minutes.

This my story hope this will benefit some of you guys. Thanks again for this forum and I will update my status once I get my oath appointment.

11/23/09: FP Done (Atlanta) – Walk-in before the org. appointment date :cool:
01/20/10: Interview Done – Pass :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats ....

Oath

Arrived at 9:45AM Local Memphis time, walk through the security check, usual stuff and questions like: Do you have an appointment? Can I see the appointment letter? Is your phone turned off? Let me see it, do you have anything in your pockets? etc… After that the security officer directed me to go to room 121 and drop my appointment letter at the opening near the door, and wait for your name to be called. Just to note the security officer was very nice and did all these activities with a smile on his face all the time.

Arrived at room 121 and dropped my letter then looked around there was many people there and with only like 2 or 3 seats available (everyone studying, reviewing, and reading the tests materials :)).

I waited for some time however noticed many people come and just either sit down or stand waiting for their name to be called without dropping their appointment letter, I told like 4 or 5 to go and drop their appointment letter, suddenly noticed that many people already there didn’t drop their letter and waiting for name to be called and they just realized that they need to do it. (They are going to be there for long time if they didn’t :)). Any way start chatting with some people in the room; which I noticed many of them are very nervous and they don’t want to talk :confused:.

At exactly 11:04 my name called, and the lady asked me do you have your green card and driver license with you? I said yes, then she asked me to follow her, and another lady was walking with us asking her where do you want to go for launch and stuff, it was very long walk all the way around the office towards the back. Once I stepped in the office she ask me please stay standing and raise my right hand and she starting saying that I do agree that all the information …… and I said yes, at that time she told me to sit and ask me that if I know that I have to take the test.

She start asking the questions (however during the time she is printing the questions that lady came back to asked is Olive Gardens is okay with her or other local restaurant (I don’t recall the name) – the conversation continue for some time and they decided to go to the local one she indicated that after me she had another person to interview and then she will be ready)

Hope I will remember the questions she asked me (and they are not in this order):

She handed me a page with like 5 Numbered phrases and asked me to read the first one:

At this time she stopped and told me she forget to ask me my green card and driver license and my passport or travel document if I don’t have passport.
3) Then she said next set of questions will be yes or no questions. (she asked about 3 or 4)

She told me I pass all tests and at this time she said congratulation you have being recommended and you will be notified when the oath will be.

She also said do you have any questions? I asked if there any Oath ceremony in the nearest future any where regardless of the distance from where I leave because I have business trip very soon. She answered me no can’t do you have to wait to be schedule near your location.

This my story hope this will benefit some of you guys. Thanks again for this forum and I will update my status once I get my oath appointment.

Congrats ....

Congrats

Hey arsraj87, I called my District court clerk office,they gave me the oath schedule dates, my suggestion to you is to call your district court clerk office and that way you will know when is the next oath ceremony if you didn't get your notice yet.

Please let us know if anyone is waiting or got Oath letter recently in memphis DO, we completed our interview on 12/17/09

Thanks

Oath dates in Memphis

Memphis district court has Oath ceremony on February 18th .

The next one scheduled at April 26th.

My interview was in mid-December. So far I have not received any communication yet.

My native passport going to expire in couple of months.

Folks, follow up with USCIS or local senators or congress men. They need your votes too .

congrats

Got my OL today! My ID was 12/29, OL received 1/30, and OD is 2/25 in Nashville, TN. Cheers!

Congrats ....

Looks like Memphis is way behind of Oath, we had our interview on 12/17 but I know someone still waiting for Oath
since September .... this is frustrating ....

Did anyone get a letter for Oath ?