Memphis TN - N-400 Timeline

allord from your time line i niticed that you had yourd FP done in atlanta--Is it possible to have your finger done anywhere in usa,though you may have applied at memphis office

Good question, and here what I think (I may be wrong): I don't think you can do it any where in US, you have to do it in the same office where the appointment notice saying, my reason saying this because when you go the officer they will check to see if your name listed or not, and it may be before the appointment date but not before very long time may be 1 week or so.

Again this just my thoughts, some one else may have a different answer for you.

Closing My Time line for N-400 And soon starting I-130 Time line already send my application. I have a question me and My wife expecting a baby next month what is the process needed since it is going to be overseas?

11/19/09: FP Notice Received.
12/04/09: FP Appointment (Atlanta).
11/23/09: FP Done (Atlanta) – Walk-in before appointment date "you can do it just make sure after 1:00PM"
01/20/10: Interview Done – Pass
07/08/10: Oath Invitation letter received
07/29/10: Oath Ceremony – I’m a US Citizen
07/30/10: Social Security Status change request
07/30/10: PP Application
08/07/10: PP Received
08/11/10: PP Card Received

Last edited by a moderator:
being a us citizen ,your baby becomes us citizen no matter where in world he or she is born--I think you have to apply for the baby at local cousalte/embassy

I have few questions regarding commonly used acronym here.

PD=priority date. Does this date mean, when USCIS received your application or cashed your check or can be a different date?
How do you get receipt of N400? via email or mail?

What does NOA mean?

Could someone share interview experience at Memphis? Do they do oath on same day or one has to wait? It seems like in some areas it can be done on same day and this information is by reading various thread here.:)

being a us citizen ,your baby becomes us citizen no matter where in world he or she is born--I think you have to apply for the baby at local cousalte/embassy

Yes, you are correct, I did apply for my new born (daughter) passport overseas and they only thing you have to provide your tax records for the last 5 years. It was easy and smooth.

I have few questions regarding commonly used acronym here.
PD=priority date. Does this date mean, when USCIS received your application or cashed your check or can be a different date?
How do you get receipt of N400? via email or mail? What does NOA mean?
Could someone share interview experience at Memphis? Do they do oath on same day or one has to wait? It seems like in some areas it can be done on same day and this information is by reading various thread here.:)

NOA == Notice of Action.

If you follow the forum you will find at least my experience at Memphis, and to answer your question you will not have the oath ceremony at the same day of the interview, again it is all mentioned in the posts.

DO: Memphis, TN
09/27/2010: N-400 Mailed
10/04/2010: Checks Cashed
10/07/09: NOA Recieved.
xx/xx/xx: FP Notice Received.

Today I voted

Just wanted to share with you all today’s experience, as all of you know today is the midterm election. For me it is a very exciting since I’m able to vote and decide US government shape, it was very exciting experience, since I’m able at least to give my vote for whom I think will be a very good suite for the position they are running for. Luckily I know some of the candidates, so I didn’t have to choose what party I should vote for :cool:.