Medicals

Medical exam is fixed fee exam

hello_me123 said:
Hi ohseth

thanks a bunch..as u said it might cost you 160-180. Is this for whole medical or only the RFE medical test. Originally i sent it to USCUS from an approved doctor. Now it's only RFE to submit the X-ray. that's the reason i asked whether i need another 693 or only the report.

thanks
The medical exam for immigration is a standard exam which costs 110 for males and 125 for females. This does not include blood test and immunization.

Medical Exam

My wife and I are planning to have a baby .She's not pregnant as yet and her ob/gyn adviced her not to take vaccines .

Would this be a problem for I485 approval. ?
And what shall the Civil Surgeon do inrespect to I693 ?

In Palm Beach County, FL the cost go from $125 to + $200.
Physical Examination + Blood Test (Syphilis, HIV), Tuberculosis, plus proof of prior vaccination for specific age range (MMR, Tetanus, etc.).

You have to go back 2 or 3 days later once the laboratory has analyzed your blood samples and also to see how the TB test has reacted. Then they give you the form I 693 in a sealed envelope to forward to USCIS.
Best regards.

Hi JCGomez,

I am in the same county. Can you give me the details of the doctor you went to.

thanks.

In Palm Beach County, FL the cost go from $125 to + $200.
Physical Examination + Blood Test (Syphilis, HIV), Tuberculosis, plus proof of prior vaccination for specific age range (MMR, Tetanus, etc.).

You have to go back 2 or 3 days later once the laboratory has analyzed your blood samples and also to see how the TB test has reacted. Then they give you the form I 693 in a sealed envelope to forward to USCIS.
Best regards.

I am in pinellas county. I found a doctor in tampa who charges $95 but most I called charged $150.

jaskim

Vaccination

Hi:

I do not have records for my vaccination from childhood days. I heard that the Medical Exam for I-485 does not take long. How long do the vaccinations take to complete? Are those vaccinations completed in one visit or multiple visits needed?

Thanks!

I called a few doctors in LA area (San bernardino) and the cost is $250- 290. I need to get the results in a week so that i can file by june 1st. I need to find out if the tests take longer thana week to get back.
I saw that blood test is needed for HIV and syphillis but few of you mentioned that you just got a few shots and were done. does it mean that blood test is not done for everyone?

Medical outside of USA? FBI Clearance needed for I485?

Search Tags: Medical outside of USA ? FBI Clearance needed for I485 ?

Few basic questions,

1) Do I have to go for Medical before applying I485 or when they request me to go?

2) Can we do medical test outside of USA?

3) Do I have to go for Finger Print clearance before applying I485 ?

Skin Test

I Got Positive Skin Test. What Should I Do Now? How It Will Effect My 485 Process?

Thanks.

I got a positive PPD skin test and a clean chest x-ray but the doctor wants me to get TB clearance from the county health department before signing my medical forms. Has anybody gone through this and/or does anybody know how it could impact my filing I-485? Thanks.

That doesn't sound right. Unfortunately I am not there yet, but hopefully someone with experience will have more insight on your situation.

For the benefit of other members, may I ask which doctor that you went to for your medical?

I got a positive PPD skin test and a clean chest x-ray but the doctor wants me to get TB clearance from the county health department before signing my medical forms. Has anybody gone through this and/or does anybody know how it could impact my filing I-485? Thanks.

Most health insurance policies in effect in the US reimburse medical expenses for expenses that are deemed medically necessary. Medical expenses incurred for obtaining immigration benefits do not fall in this category and hence most physicians do not accept medical insurance.

Once my wife found from Civil Surgeon that she is not current on Titenus (it's valid only for 10 years), she went to our PCP and got it with a 15$ co-payment (vs $50 as quoted by Civil Surgeon). More than money, I like the fact that this will stay on her record at the PCP's office .. someone we are more likely to visit than the Civil Surgeon.

That doesn't sound right. Unfortunately I am not there yet, but hopefully someone with experience will have more insight on your situation.

For the benefit of other members, may I ask which doctor that you went to for your medical?

ya, that does not sound right.. my wife had +ve PPD test and we got the x-ray done. the radiologist gave his results to the doctor and the doctor just has to follow the results after that..
BTW, sincere advice from me.. if you are in southern california, avoid Dr. Leena Sheth in Rancho cucamonga.. the whole office is a joke.. cutting costs every corner and extremely unprofessional..

Thanks for the replies.
Here are more details. I first went to a doctor that was pretty sketchy (I am in Dallas), very unprofessional and unclean... His assistant gave me the PPD test and without measuring it said I had a reaction and needed an x-ray, after which they said I needed to go to the county health dept.

I then went to a more legit doctor at a big, nice hospital here in town (Presbyterian), which was recommended by a friend. The staff was much more professional, they did an x-ray and said it was clean but then told me that the BCIS is now requiring skin test results too so they would need to see the PPD results from that first doctor before signing my forms. When I sent them the results, which said 14 mm reaction (it was probably a bit less but more than 10 mm), they too said I needed clearance from the county health dept.

I still haven't gone b/c there is a few weeks wait for an appointment there.. In the meantime, I am going to a pulmonary doctor in a few days just to make sure my x-ray is really ok. This I am doing through my insurance. So far, I had to not only pay for two separate immigration doctors, but also there is a fee of $60 I need to pay at the county health dept. It's been a bureaucratic nightmare of a kind... I will keep you posted on the outcome. Hope nobody else has to go through that sort of stuff..

H4 & I-485 Issue

ALL Gurus ,
Please advise as visa is current now.
I came on B1/B2 visitor visa and later converted to L1 while in USA by Intra company Transfer and in the mean time my wife got a job on H1 .
I changed my visa to H4 and discontinued L1 after one year because of several difficulties to maintain L1. I was earning on L1 and filed tax jointly with wife and the work undertaken during my L1 were completed and paid in next two years while on H4 and filed taxes too.
My concerns are :
1) My wife is about to file I-485 , is tax return definitely required to send with I- 485 filling?
2) There is no column in any of the forms to express the income of H4 dependent.
3)Is this advisable to mention the Social security number of H4 dependent on I-485 forms as it is understood H4 never possess social security number?
4) Is this required to show that H4 earned income even after L1 was converted to H4?
5)Should I file my wife's separate Tax in year 2006 if required at the time of filling I-485 if Tax return is definitely needed?
6) Pay Stub ,W2 and letter from the employer is sufficient for I-485?
7) What are the repercussions if we do not mention L1 + Income of spouse of H-1 and proceed with principal applicant's dependent as H4 spouse while filling I485 ?
8) Or we file I-485 at this time for Principal applicant and one child and do not mention the dependent spouse now to get the Green card at least for the principal applicant?
I will appreciate your valuable advice to proceed further wisely.
Thanks

Looks like too many recent applicants are going through the TB nightmare.. I read somewhere that BCIS has tightened its requirements since Jan 2007.
I also found out there is a TB blood test called Quanti-FERON TB Gold test (FDA approved in 2005) that is not affected by BCG vaccine (as is the case w/ the PPD skin test). The only catch is that it is affected by the PPD skin test so needs to be done BEFORE the skin test. I found out too late (after the skin test) but perhaps others can try getting that QFT-G blood test if they think they may get positive PPD skin test and avoid all the unnecessary headache w/ -xrays, potential unnecessary treatment, etc. Here is more info on CDC's website: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5415a4.htm

Looks like too many recent applicants are going through the TB nightmare.. I read somewhere that BCIS has tightened its requirements since Jan 2007.
I also found out there is a TB blood test called Quanti-FERON TB Gold test (FDA approved in 2005) that is not affected by BCG vaccine (as is the case w/ the PPD skin test). The only catch is that it is affected by the PPD skin test so needs to be done BEFORE the skin test. I found out too late (after the skin test) but perhaps others can try getting that QFT-G blood test if they think they may get positive PPD skin test and avoid all the unnecessary headache w/ -xrays, potential unnecessary treatment, etc. Here is more info on CDC's website: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5415a4.htm

I also had a positive PPD but clear chest X-Ray, the USCIS doctor I went to accepted the PPD result with X-ray certification from the lab I went to.
For my wife, she had a +ve PPD in 2001 and needed to take INH for 1 year. So this year, we asked our primary doctor for quantiferon TB test since we know she will always be +ve for skin test. When we presented the quantiferon test result to the USCIS doctor he rejected it and asked for the X-ray result and health clearance from the county health department.