Medicals

Tuktukan, thanks a lot for the information. Did you guys get that clearance from county helath department and what did it involve? I am dreading going there as friends who are doctors have told me it's not a good place to go and there may be some really sick people there.. So did the doctor finally sign all your forms? Thanks again!

Tuktukan, thanks a lot for the information. Did you guys get that clearance from county helath department and what did it involve? I am dreading going there as friends who are doctors have told me it's not a good place to go and there may be some really sick people there.. So did the doctor finally sign all your forms? Thanks again!

Actually we got the clearance from the Chest Doctor who gave my wife the INH medication. It's a treatment you have to undergo for 1 whole year. Then the clearance will be issued. You really have no choice but to visit either the town/city health center or the county health dept.
And yes the USCIS doctor signed all our form after we presented the clearance or letter from the chest doctor.

I see. You said your wife had a +ive PPD test, did they also consider her chest x-ray or was the +ive PPD test the only reason why they made her go through the treatment? Of course I am not a doctor but from what I read here and have heard from friends doctors, a +ive PPD test alone should not be a reason to go through treatment. That's really scary if they did that.. Thanks again.

my wife had a tiny scar on her chest x-ray which is probably the reason why she had to take the medication for one year. Good thing that was 6 yrs ago and all we needed was the clearance from the doctor that indicates that she had been treated for 1 year and not contagious and able to work.

Please some one help me.
Here is my situation, One year back along with I-485 i sent my medicals.My doctor took only X- ray for TB .It came negative and sent the same.
Later when i went to County to get my skin test . It showed positive which is common for Indians. I even took medication and its complete.
Now i got RFE for Skin test . Whats the best way to answer to avoid future headaches.

Please some one help me.
Here is my situation, One year back along with I-485 i sent my medicals.My doctor took only X- ray for TB .It came negative and sent the same.
Later when i went to County to get my skin test . It showed positive which is common for Indians. I even took medication and its complete.
Now i got RFE for Skin test . Whats the best way to answer to avoid future headaches.

You just need the clearance / letter from the county saying you had been treated for 1 year and not contagious.