Medicals

emirica

Registered Users (C)
I have a question. My Perm labor was approved, I am from a non-retrogressed country; therefore, I am getting ready to apply for I-140/I-485 concurrently.

I am also pregnant in 5 weeks. Therefore, the x-ray test cannot be performed, for example.

Please, tell me about your experience of wife experience with being pregnant and doing the medicals. Please, don't tell me that I have to want until I give birth.

Thank you

my friends wife was pregnant and from what i heard from him....they did not submit her medicals with her 485..........they got her medical done after her delivery.......but she was secondary....i dont know how it is for a primary....(i will assume they will process your 485 waiting for medicals.....since medical is just 5 minutes job.....since it will either show you are normal or abnormal....)

I think you should go to the Surgeon General and they'll put it on your 693 that you are pregnant and that x-ray cannot be done. Search the forums and a lot of ppl. had the same issue.

?

Why we need a X ray examination for 485?
Mine was just a TB test,Blood test,tetanus shot

How come X ray?

They will state on the I-693 that it is not medically appropriate for you to take the shots at this time and will give you the completed forms. You need to submit the same to USCIS. Depending on when your case is adjudicated, they may issue an RFE or process it as it is.

If your case is adjudicated after an year or so, you are almost guaranteed to get an RFE asking you to complete the remaining shots/tests. If the adjudication happens earlier, they will not issue an RFE.

BTW, X-ray is required only if the TB test results in a large red spot at the place where the shot is given.

My wife was pregnant at the time of medical examination. The civil surgeon refused to make vaccination shots, TB skin test and X-rays.
They took the blood test and made regular check-up only.
After that, the surgeon signed her I-693 and made a note, that she would have to come back after delivery in order to finish up the examination.
The form was submitted to CIS 1+ month ago and accepted by them. My wife has already received AP and EAD.

emirica said:
I have a question. My Perm labor was approved, I am from a non-retrogressed country; therefore, I am getting ready to apply for I-140/I-485 concurrently.

I am also pregnant in 5 weeks. Therefore, the x-ray test cannot be performed, for example.

Please, tell me about your experience of wife experience with being pregnant and doing the medicals. Please, don't tell me that I have to want until I give birth.

Thank you

Some one in this thread mentioned medical is only 5 mins. job. Is it really that simple? I know have taken several vaccinations as a child, but dont have any proof. In that case what shots do I have to take? As far as I know insurance does not cover this correct? totallay how many days does it take to get the completed paperworks from teh civil surgeon?

Medical

gc_psraj said:
Some one in this thread mentioned medical is only 5 mins. job. Is it really that simple? I know have taken several vaccinations as a child, but dont have any proof. In that case what shots do I have to take? As far as I know insurance does not cover this correct? totallay how many days does it take to get the completed paperworks from teh civil surgeon?

If your TB test is positive,it will take 2 weeks to complete your test other wise 1 week.

The info based on my case.

gc_psraj said:

Maybe 5 minutes for a family!!
It depends, but mainly they want to be sure you are not a psychopath. The Chest X ray is needed IF the TB test is +ve. They will NOT do the X ray for someone who is pregnant. You can ask to have blood drawn to show that you are immune to most stuff and then you won't need shots. The HIV test and Tetanus are actually part of routine pregnancy care anyways.

gc_psraj said:

Yes it is 5 mins. Job.Reports can take about 2 days - 2 weeks .
Its depend upon the Doctor to doctor.
Choose Doctor who has all the facility in his clinic. Like blood work ,X ray facility.
Mine was just a TB test,Blood work,tetanus shot.It was done in 5 mins.
And I got all my results in 3 days.

here is a link to locate a civil surgeon
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/Index.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
gc_psraj said:

It may be 5 min or longer.
If you have proof for all needed immunizations made in USA, then it may be 5 min.
If not, they will draw blood to test for 'child' immunozations, results will come in few days, if you have antibodies agains that disease then you do not need immunization, if not, then you need, they can do it on site (not covered by insurance) or you can go to your doctor and do it there and come back with proof, then it may be covered by insurance (depends on your insurance).
In our case we did several immunizations in advance with our doctor (like MMR, tetanus, was covered by our insurance) and came with proof, then they did blood test for 'child' disease (although we had proof from our country about immunizations done with translations), charge was I think $18 per test, result was in few days that we do not need these immunizations so finally we did not pay for any immunizations, just basic fee and blod test fee.
For TB, we asked for X-ray specifically insetead of the test (because we had TB immunizations in our country) and did X-ray and result was immediate, no need to wait...

medical exams

i needed to know whether the medical exam required to file 140/485 is covered under medical insurance.I am looking to send all the documents required and take the medical exam when i get a rfe. Can i do that?Is the medical exam required for ead/ap too. Any inputs.

It depends

Chocolate said:
i needed to know whether the medical exam required to file 140/485 is covered under medical insurance.I am looking to send all the documents required and take the medical exam when i get a rfe. Can i do that?Is the medical exam required for ead/ap too. Any inputs.

There is a list of doctors that are certified by the USCIS, it depends on if the physician of your choice acepts your insurance, but in many cases it should not be more than $100. But again, check with the doctor.

Good luck!

AJVM

Chocolate said:

Most health insurance policies in effect in the US reimburse medical expenses for expenses that are deemed medically necessary. Medical expenses incurred for obtaining immigration benefits do not fall in this category and hence most physicians do not accept medical insurance.

Additional info

AJVM said:
There is a list of doctors that are certified by the USCIS, it depends on if the physician of your choice acepts your insurance, but in many cases it should not be more than $100. But again, check with the doctor.

Good luck!

AJVM

Thanks for the input.I am in this dilemma becoz i may move out of state soon and have to change my medical insurance. Also my visa expires soon.What are the tests i need to take for the medical exam to file 140/485/ead/ap.and how soon can i expect ead/ap as i wanted to travel out of country in 2 months range.

Chocolate said:
Thanks for the input.I am in this dilemma becoz i may move out of state soon and have to change my medical insurance. Also my visa expires soon.What are the tests i need to take for the medical exam to file 140/485/ead/ap.and how soon can i expect ead/ap as i wanted to travel out of country in 2 months range.

read my reply in this thread on previous page, I listed immunizations which I remember, were covered by our insurance but we did them with our doctor and not the USCIS doctor (we also had hepatite B but I am not sure it is required) and fee for the blood test; for exam itself we paid I think $125 per person (not covered by our insurance).

485 medical RFE--ginnu/chocklate/all immi gurus

Hello Ginnu/chocklate and experts
i have some concerns regarding the the Medical RFE. The letter states that

your TB reaction was more than 5mm. As such you should have provided the X ray for Chest. Now either provide chest Xray or provide the evidence that the cure has been followed up and this doesn't exist any more.

Could you pls tell me , what am i supposed to do?? I don't have any medical problems. My questions are
1) Do i need to do only the chest Xray or both (Chest X ray and again the TB test)
2) Can i do it from my own doctor (probably not a immi doctor). I did my medical from a different doctor(immigration approved).
3) Do i provide only this document or doctor again needs to fill 693 formand then i send it.

yor help is greatly apreciated
Edit/Delete Message

TB test

hello_me123 said:
your TB reaction was more than 5mm. As such you should have provided the X ray for Chest. Now either provide chest Xray or provide the evidence that the cure has been followed up and this doesn't exist any more.
Chest X-ray is second level TB test. If your chest x-ray is clear. you just need to submit a I-693 from civil surgeion to USCIS. If not, civil surgeon would recommend the medicines for certain time period (which you will have to complete) and issue you medical report in sealed envelope which you will have to submit to USCIS. However USCIS at their discretion may keep your petition pending until your that duration is over.​

1) Do i need to do only the chest Xray or both (Chest X ray and again the TB test)
You are not required to go thru TB skin test again.​

2) Can i do it from my own doctor (probably not a immi doctor). I did my medical from a different doctor(immigration approved).
Sure, that way your insurance will cover those expenses and then you would take those x-ray to uscis approved doctor and they will issue you a medical report in sealed envelop.​

3) Do i provide only this document or doctor again needs to fill 693 formand then i send it.
YES.​

Hi ohseth

thanks a bunch..as u said it might cost you 160-180. Is this for whole medical or only the RFE medical test. Originally i sent it to USCUS from an approved doctor. Now it's only RFE to submit the X-ray. that's the reason i asked whether i need another 693 or only the report.

thanks