Medicals

newkid

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
My lawyers asked me not do medicals while applying for 140/485 concurrent since they expire in a year's time. Apparently they were not aware about the new law changes.

I want get my medicals done and keep ready for any RFE.

What is the procedure for doing so ? Is it a good idea to do it now ?
Where do I find list of Drs ?
Can somebody send me list of different vacinations that you need ?
I am planning to get proof of all the vacinations from our Dr in India . Is there any particular format that you need ?
My lawyer is not agreeing for me do the medicals now and asked me wait until RFE since INS may misplace documents. What is the best way of sending medical reports to INS or it is taken care of by the physicians office itself ?

Thanks,

VSC - EB3
------------
RD - 140/485/EAD/AP - 13 th. June 2003
140/EAD/AP - Approved
1st. FP - 23rd. April 2004

newkid said:
My lawyer is not agreeing for me do the medicals now and asked me wait until RFE since INS may misplace documents.

I am not a lawyer, but I think your lawyer is out-of-touch for not having you submit medicals with your application. You will most certainly get an RFE for that. That one year expiration has been ignored for a long time now - medicals typically last until adjudication.

Anyway, the lawyer MAY be right about the USICS misplacing documents. You might submit the medicals and they may not end up with your file. My opinion - and it is only my opinion - would be wait for an RFE for the medicals then go and do them with a USCIS approved doctor. Get proof of existing vaccinations in the meantime so you can take them to your medical when you do it.

newkid said:
Hello,
My lawyers asked me not do medicals while applying for 140/485 concurrent since they expire in a year's time. Apparently they were not aware about the new law changes.

I want get my medicals done and keep ready for any RFE.

What is the procedure for doing so ? Is it a good idea to do it now ?
Where do I find list of Drs ?
I am planning to get proof of all the vacinations from our Dr in India . Is there any particular format that you need ?
My lawyer is not agreeing for me do the medicals now and asked me wait until RFE since INS may misplace documents.
What is the best way of sending medical reports to INS or it is taken care of by the physicians office itself ?
-----Better send your Medicals with I-485 filing reciept to USCIS and request that they should be attached with pendin I-485, write your Name, A# , DOB address on cover letter send it by certified return reciept Or wait for RFE
** Doctors dont send Medicals directly to USCIS
Thanks,

VSC - EB3
------------
RD - 140/485/EAD/AP - 13 th. June 2003
140/EAD/AP - Approved
1st. FP - 23rd. April 2004

Thanks. Can somebody please answer following questions ?
Where do I find list of INS approved Physicians ?

List of USCIS Approved Doctors

Hi Newkid,

Check out this link for USCIS Approved Doctors:
http://www.us-immigration-attorney.com/insdoctors.htm

You can also check www.ins.gov for further details on USCIS Approved Doctors in your area.

The vaccinations you need for I-485 Medical are Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR vaccine) and Chicken pox.
Check with any INS doctor in your area. They know the details and the procedure.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck!