• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

medicals and DV

Iwmi

Registered Users (C)
medicals and DV...pls pls pls

Hi everyone....
i really hope there is anyone who can give me an answered based on an experience at the US consulate.

I read that people with hepatite have succeded passing the medical and getting the green card with the DV.

Cancer is not on the "black list"...but i don't know...if it really wont matter.

Has anyone that u know passed the medicals and got the green card even if had cancer or any other important desease???? (that has finished treatments but recently).

Thank you so so much

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't know the answer but common sense makes me think that they may require more money as proof you can afford health care. There is no free cancer treatment over here and health care is expensive. On top of that it might be difficult to get a health care provider until the new health care is starting in 2013.

Right now only the higher premiums have started and previous medical history has to be filled out.

Sorry to hear about the condition of one of your travelers...Good luck and officially you can not be denied for the medical situation other than income, proof of funding, etc...since it will require more income to pay for this all.

thanks for the encouragment!!
See the thing is that in my country health care is free...so of course i was planning of coming back once or twice a years to do all the check ups...
I really don't know if i should just not tell (nobody can see it unless i say)...or tell them and explain about the free therapy in my home country and that some check chek ups is what is left do be done......plus all the guy i know that has been already interviewed hasn't been asked about prove of funds....
So it's like if i tell things can get complicated without reason...as i said there's no risk of becoming a public charge...
Thanks for your reply and info about the health insurance!