• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Medical test

ubw117

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a quick question may be someone might know the answer, I am going to the US on a E3 visa in the coming weeks, when my number is current and I recive the 2nd Package, I am going try and do all the paper work from the US, Can I do my medicals in the states and take the results back with me or do I have to do them in Australia?

and the second part to my question is, as I will be doing a CP interview, does my wife have to come with me back to Sydney or can she wait in the States?

you answer is much appreciated

I'm not sure about the answer to your first question, but for the second I can tell you she has to come with you to the interview.

Hi,

I have a quick question may be someone might know the answer, I am going to the US on a E3 visa in the coming weeks, when my number is current and I recive the 2nd Package, I am going try and do all the paper work from the US, Can I do my medicals in the states and take the results back with me or do I have to do them in Australia?

and the second part to my question is, as I will be doing a CP interview, does my wife have to come with me back to Sydney or can she wait in the States?

you answer is much appreciated

I was told by the U.S embassy in Nigeria that if i should decide to do CP, i must do my medical exam in Nigeria.
It might be different for Australians thou. E-mail the embassy about it.

For Australia, you will read that many people in the US will come back home 2-3 weeks before the interview to sort out the medical etc. Which, IMO would translate to you must come back to Australia for the medical.

It is a shame the E3 couldn't be put off for a few months as you could become current in April even...!

You must have a medical in your country.

What is your wife's status in the US? will she be getting a DV immigrant visa with you?

thanks for all the replies my wife can come with me, but it is going to be hard as she has a full time position :(

my wife can come with me, but it is going to be hard as she has a full time position

that told us nothing about what her status in the US will be, and whether she will be immigrating with you through DV. Sorry, can't help you without any info on your situation.

I am sorry for not being clear, My wife is australian and she is coming with me to the Sates on the E3 visa, so I guess she has to come along with me for the interview.

here is what i am thinking now, before I leave to the US get all the paper work done, like police report and so on, and do my medicals (which is going to be tricky, as I am not sure If the certified doctors can do the same tests before I recive the second package) then come back for a week when my number is current (April or May) what do you guys reckon?

do not do medicals and do not get police reports too early, since they have expiration dates. Medicals are good for a year, and police reports are usually good for 6 months to a year. The trick is that you have to enter the US with a DV visa PRIOR to the expiration date of both.
You don't need the second package to get either of those things. Just need to have your passport and your case number for the medical.
Medicals usually take a day or two.
Your wife must be present at the interview if she was an immigrant visa.

do not do medicals and do not get police reports too early, since they have expiration dates. Medicals are good for a year, and police reports are usually good for 6 months to a year. The trick is that you have to enter the US with a DV visa PRIOR to the expiration date of both.
You don't need the second package to get either of those things. Just need to have your passport and your case number for the medical.
Medicals usually take a day or two.
Your wife must be present at the interview if she was an immigrant visa.

Thanks LucyMO, my number is not too far off now of bieing current it is either in April/May so I am thinking of doing the medicals and police check in Feb before i leave on my E3, I might contact the consult for a list of Sydney based doctors, once I have all that the rest should hopefully be easy

Lucy, in a pdf from the US Embassy (Germany) is written that:
You should schedule your medical appointment no later than six weeks before your intended date of departure to the United States, and no earlier than six months before your departure date. (

thanks so much for your help Lorelei, I just got off the phone from one of the Sydney doctors, they said that I dont need the second Package or my number to be current to do the Medical test, all I need is a DS 2053 (which I have to get from the immigration website) and my vaccination reports done, and enter the US within 6 months of the medical done, so I think I will be fine :)

I will go in Feb on my E3 visa, I will do my medical the week of my departure, and I will come back to Sydney for a week to to get the green card, I hope this plan works :)

Great news!!!

I am so pleased and i really hope it all works out!! I just want to know whether i get the green card or not so i can get on with life!! :) :) At least you have the E3 - that is fantastic !!

Just a pain doing that long flight but I'm sure you'll be super excited!!!

Another note for OC'ers. The marraige certificate rules changed at the Consulates in Aus. They used to accept the Marraige Cert given to you on the day of your marraige, but recently they insist on an offical Marraige Cert from Registry of Births, Deaths and Marraiges.