• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

medical health insurance policy

smilly

Registered Users (C)
The only document i need to get my visa is health insurance policy for my son that has a pre-existing condition. I've called many american insurance companies but they wouldnt take him because hes not resident in america and i dont have a social security number.The embassy made us realise they will accept only medical health insurance and not travel insurance.If anyone knows a company that will take him,kindly let me know

The only document i need to get my visa is health insurance policy for my son that has a pre-existing condition. I've called many american insurance companies but they wouldnt take him because hes not resident in america and i dont have a social security number.The embassy made us realise they will accept only medical health insurance and not travel insurance.If anyone knows a company that will take him,kindly let me know

Perhaps Blue Cross Blue Shield...but be prepared to pay a large amount in premiums....or Loyds of London they have health insurance for foreigners where ever they travel as long as they don't stay longer in the US then 6 months in a row...

Try http://www.ehealthinsurance.com/ I obtained 4-month bridging cover through them before becoming a permanent resident and without a SSN.
BTW, I used a US mailing address setup through http://www.earthclassmail.com/ and used a US credit card also setup before moving to the US. I'm not sure whether these two items were necessary to get coverage or not. Give it a try and if they reject because of no US address then setup a mail forwarding account such as through Earth Class Mail and try again. Pre-existing conditions might also create some problems...

Were you successful in obtaining health insurance from abroad? Please let me know of any response you receive from insurance agents for pre-existing conditions.
Thanks