• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Medical examination

ninche

Registered Users (C)
To all those Kenyans who have have gone for the medical test this year 2010..can you please tell us if the HIV test is on the list of diseases to be tested for since its ban was lifted????let me know coz the form I have shows that its a among them but ma not sure whether its done ......advice.

its no longer required,

The cost of the initial medicals will be USD 138 for adults while a child (below 15 Yrs) is USD 105. HIV test is optional at an extra cost of USD 10 for children only who are below 15 yrs. Adults wishing to do the HIV test will not be charged an extra fee.

The charges for vaccination will depend on what the panel physician will determine i.e. given your age, sex, medical history, current medical condition, previous vaccinations ETC and ranges between

USD112 to USD294.

NOTE: All medical exams begins at 7.30am and takes the WHOLE day with the exception of families with children between 2 years to below 15 years who have to report back after 72 hours for Mantoux reading and physical exam. If the doctor does not require further tests after your exam, your medical report will be ready for collection the following day between 4-5pm. In the event further tests are required, the doctors will advice you when to collect your medical reports.

Given the information above kindly send us the documents/information required and confirm which date you would like an appointment.

Our offices are located on 4th Ngong Avenue next to George Williamson House. We open from Monday to Friday

8am – 5pm except on public holidays. Our telephone numbers are 254-020-2720060/1 or 2723605, 0722-879680 or 0734-444020 or 0724-256748.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
is this a joke? i thought HIV test is the most important one and they would deny you a visa if you test HIV positive?

fthnm2005
HIV+ was removed from the list of communicable diseases. However I think they still have Syphillis serology test that has to be carried out.

well strange, me too I though HIV test is the most important one, so after this what the disease they are focusing on?

To all those Kenyans who have have gone for the medical test this year 2010..can you please tell us if the HIV test is on the list of diseases to be tested for since its ban was lifted????let me know coz the form I have shows that its a among them but ma not sure whethe

Hey ninche..are you DV-2010 OR DV-2011??..........About the HIV Test its not a must that you take it though if you request it can be taken...they changed the immigration laws early this year.....keep us posted on the DV-2010 Thread for Kenya.....and also remember to edit your signature....

fthnm2005
HIV+ was removed from the list of communicable diseases. However I think they still have Syphillis serology test that has to be carried out.

I am still surprise b/cos in Nigeria it is not optional. I did my medicals last month and all DV winners who came for the medicals did the HIV test, they never told us that it was optional. Infact a DV winner who decline to have the test was told by the Physician that he was going to write in his medical form the he refused to take the HIV test.

One love

I had HIV test in Nigeria as well. It's mandatory as the physician told all DV applicants that they are testing ur blood on HIV and syphillis.
I was surprised coz I heard earlier this year that the Obama admin has lifted the ban. I think this HIV test issue can't be single out in some countries.
If is being tested in Nigeria then I think it applies to every country (my opinion)

@donsino This is strange, the ban was lifted, my friend went for the medical test in April and she didnt take it, she got her visa and is already off to states. All other diseased re tested.

@Trixsam are u a kenyan? am a dv2011 frm kenya let us know how it goes.wish u luck

@donsino This is strange, the ban was lifted, my friend went for the medical test in April and she didnt take it, she got her visa and is already off to states. All other diseased re tested.

@Trixsam are u a kenyan? am a dv2011 frm kenya let us know how it goes.wish u luck

Yep im kenyan yet to go for the medicalz......congrats for being selected as dv-2011 very few kenyanz exist here....You shuld start a thread for 2011-Kenyan Winnerz.....by the way i know you got your letter....then when you checked online wat wa the resultz??

@Trixsam thanks! my online results were the same as the letter congratulatory and stuff...i will try start a thread for 2011. Wish you the best in your interview. Btw how do pple check if their Cn's are lower or higher. are u in Nrb????????

Thanks for the advice coz I was worried coz the last time when medical was done at sarit centre..HIV was a must..and if positive ur were not given results but they were sent to Embassy Direct...Let e ask again???What if I know my status as like I am positive should I inform the physician that am positve and under ARVS..or what am I supposed to do...let me know please as my case is current now just waiting for my second letter to reach me and get my scheduled date for interview.
Thanks and let this forum be blesse coz it helps alot.

Thanks for the advice coz I was worried coz the last time when medical was done at sarit centre..HIV was a must..and if positive ur were not given results but they were sent to Embassy Direct...Let e ask again???What if I know my status as like I am positive should I inform the physician that am positve and under ARVS..or what am I supposed to do...let me know please as my case is current now just waiting for my second letter to reach me and get my scheduled date for interview.
Thanks and let this forum be blesse coz it helps alot.
Ninche
can you please post this question to Ghana thread ad let's hear ammecks009's comment. Guys in that thread have an amazing experienece and might advice accordingly.

The Immigration Medical Exam is necessary for individuals that seek to adjust status in the United States or apply for an immigrant visa abroad. It is not possible to obtain an immigrant visa or adjust status without a medical examination. The medical exam must be conducted by a doctor approved by the USCIS. A complete list of approved immigration doctors can be found in the Immigration Medical Exam Guide available for instant download on this page.

Proof of treatment or follow up tests must be provided before the application of temporary or permanent residency is approved. Children may be subject to additional immunization requirements. Medical examinations are generally valid for 12 months. Individuals that are legal residents but changing status to U.S. citizens may be required to re-take the immigrant medical exam. The medical examination must be completed before you can adjust status or obtain an immigrant visa. The medical examination fee is paid directly to the doctor.

samuel5028,

Apart from advertising your services (questionable practice in itself), how have you helped answer the original question posed by the forum member?

At least the 'owner' of this forum has the grace to host us all, but you are merely touting your expensive services - and for a something which can easily be done for free.

I have been on this forum for over a year, and many kind and helpful people provide assistance and guidance - all for free. Can't say I've ever read any post of yours that is helpful and for the fact you are only looking for business I would hope that an administrator eventually notices and does the right thing. ..