Medical exam for 140/485?

Chocolate

Registered Users (C)
i needed to know whether the medical exam required to file 140/485 is covered under medical insurance.I am looking to send all the documents required and take the medical exam when i get a rfe. Can i do that?Is the medical exam required for ead/ap too. Any inputs.

At the time of filing you need to have sealed medical information...

I just got all the vacinne shots and did medical exam. $180 from my pocket.

Chocolate said:
i needed to know whether the medical exam required to file 140/485 is covered under medical insurance.I am looking to send all the documents required and take the medical exam when i get a rfe. Can i do that?Is the medical exam required for ead/ap too. Any inputs.

Yes, you CAN wait to get the RFE later (and medical exam is not required for EAD or AP, only AOS), but that would just increase the total processing time and could create unnecessary confusion. To cut down the exam costs, you could do all of your shots with your regular doctor and bring records of that along with you to the civil surgeon. But there will still be some minimum amount you'll be required to pay.

Ead/ap concern.

civ2ru said:
Yes, you CAN wait to get the RFE later (and medical exam is not required for EAD or AP, only AOS), but that would just increase the total processing time and could create unnecessary confusion. To cut down the exam costs, you could do all of your shots with your regular doctor and bring records of that along with you to the civil surgeon. But there will still be some minimum amount you'll be required to pay.

Thanks for the input. Right now my only concern is to file for ead/ap along with 140/485.As i am moving and might be out of state too so want to file for necessary ead/ap now along with 140/485 and move and then take medicals when rfe is received.This is all the more important becoz my visa expires in 3 months.Only 2 people in family so i was looking in the range of 180 together .Can it be done for so much?I will go to the USCIS preferred doctors .How long does it take to receive the receipt no from Nebraska Service center these days and approval duration?Any inputs.

Chocolate said:
Thanks for the input.
Right now my only concern is to file for ead/ap along with 140/485.
---------- you can file I-140, I-485, EAD, AP (submit the medicals)
As i am moving and might be out of state too so want to file for necessary ead/ap now along with 140/485 and move and then take medicals when rfe is received.
----------why you need RFE?? why not to send medicals?
This is all the more important becoz my visa expires in 3 months.
------------you can file for H1 extension now
Only 2 people in family so i was looking in the range of 180 together .
Can it be done for so much?
----------I dont think you will get 2 medicals for 180.
I will go to the USCIS preferred doctors .
--------- you only need to go to them
How long does it take to receive the receipt no from Nebraska Service center these days
---------------- Reciepts you may get in 15-20 days once forms with correct fee, evidence reach the Service center
and approval duration?
----------you may get EAD fast but AP takes around 3 months. for I-485 check the service center processing times.
*** file with all the documents required and include Medicals.
Any inputs.

Info needed.

i do not want to file for H1 visa as i will file for ead/ap.Becoz if i file bother one of them may not be approved.I dont want to take that chance.I want to go with Ead/ap as i may need to travel in near future .Let me see how much the medicals cost.?

The chance

Dear Chocolate,

I would file for an H-1 extension as suggested by ginnu. Chances are much higher for the H-1 approval than the I-485 approval, and also it takes a lot less time to get an extension than to receive green card. Once you start using EAD, you will lose your H-1 visa status and that means you would be out of status with the I-485 denial. Saving money is easy; losing your legal status is not. Good luck!

Chocolate said:
i do not want to file for H1 visa as i will file for ead/ap.Becoz if i file bother one of them may not be approved.I dont want to take that chance.I want to go with Ead/ap as i may need to travel in near future .Let me see how much the medicals cost.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chocolate said:
i am moving and might be out of state too so want to file for necessary ead/ap now along with 140/485 and move

That is not a good idea. There are so many cases of EAD/AP here with lost in Mail.

There are so many hurdle with I-140 and I-485, On any day I would go with H1 along with EAD/AP.

medical rfe for 485--ginnu andchocklate

Hello Ginnu/chocklate and experts
i have some concerns regarding the the Medical RFE. The letter states that

your TB reaction was more than 5mm. As such you should have provided the X ray for Chest. Now either provide chest Xray or provide the evidence that the cure has been followed up and this doesn't exist any more.

Could you pls tell me , what am i supposed to do?? I don't have any medical problems. My questions are
1) Do i need to do only the chest Xray or both (Chest X ray and again the TB test)
2) Can i do it from my own doctor (probably not a immi doctor). I did my medical from a different doctor(immigration approved).
3) Do i provide only this document or doctor again needs to fill 693 formand then i send it.

yor help is greatly apreciated

hello_me123 said:
your TB reaction was more than 5mm. As such you should have provided the X ray for Chest. Now either provide chest Xray or provide the evidence that the cure has been followed up and this doesn't exist any more.

My Physician told me that Most of Indians have this Problem. So He did not do depth test. He sent directly the Chest X-Ray. Send it. It is not big issue.

thank you number30

Thanks a lot number30. Was your doctor immigration approved doctor? Did you send it or your doctor? Was form 693 needed? Can i do it from my own doctor or i have to get it done from the immigration approved doctor.

i am sorry, may these are the stupid questions, but i m pretty new and trying to learn. In this case i ahve to submit the RFE.

Also is there any covering letter format to send uscis??
pls

Should h1 be filed

Freemann said:
Dear Chocolate,

I would file for an H-1 extension as suggested by ginnu. Chances are much higher for the H-1 approval than the I-485 approval, and also it takes a lot less time to get an extension than to receive green card. Once you start using EAD, you will lose your H-1 visa status and that means you would be out of status with the I-485 denial. Saving money is easy; losing your legal status is not. Good luck!

Yes,Ginnu and you made a good point i will do the same. I will file for 140 premium ,H1 and ead/ap and 485.all together.Although i am worried what if h1 is approved and ead/ap is in trouble or ead /ap is approved and h1 is in trouble.But in case of 485 denial there is always a chance of MTR right.With that wont the people whose 485 is denied get some grace period.
Say for example i file my 140/485 /ead/ap and upgrade 140 to premium processing .Later if ead/ap is approved will my h1 also be approved for 3 yrs with ead/ap status. Anybody has done this.Any help is appreciated.

chocklate

i am glad that u r getting. what u need to do..guys pls help each other...

thanks...anyone pls answer my quesrion???

Chocolate said:
Yes,Ginnu and you made a good point i will do the same.
I will file for 140 premium ,H1 and ead/ap and 485.all together.

Although i am worried what if h1 is approved and ead/ap is in trouble
-------------once you file H1 you are in status till a decision is made. what problem with EAD AP if you or your lawyer file the correct forms with correct info, correct fees and the evidence?
or ead /ap is approved and h1 is in trouble.
-----------if EAD is approved why do you think H1 Ext trouble???? H1 has nothing to do with EAD AP and EAD AP are based on I-485 and H1 extension has nothing to do with I-485. H1 extension and I-485 are different petitions
But in case of 485 denial there is always a chance of MTR right.
With that wont the people whose 485 is denied get some grace period.
--------They have
Say for example i file my 140/485 /ead/ap and upgrade 140 to premium processing .Later if ead/ap is approved will my h1 also be approved for 3 yrs with ead/ap status.
------------EAD AP approval has nothing to with H1 extension and H1 extension has nothing to do with EAD AP. if you are eligible for H1 extension and your lawyer handle it correctly you will get H1 extension.
** Do you know what is Paranoia? if not search for it
Anybody has done this.Any help is appreciated.

Immigration Medical

Hi hello_me123,

Please see my comments in your message/questions.

hello_me123 said:
Was your doctor immigration approved doctor?
>> Yes, It has to be from Immigration approved civil surgeon.

Did you send it or your doctor? Was form 693 needed?
>> Doctor does all the formalities and issues you the paperwork in sealed envelope to be sent to USCIS alongwith your petition. If doctor asks for printed copy of I-693 take that with you.

Can i do it from my own doctor or i have to get it done from the immigration approved doctor.
>> No, It has to be done by USCIS approved doctors only. Their fees are around 160-180 to get this paperwork done.

i am sorry, may these are the stupid questions, but i m pretty new and trying to learn.
>> Don't feel so. I had to ask all these questions to USCIS approved civil surgeon's office staff.

Also is there any covering letter format to send uscis??
>> That(Sealed envelop) would go alongwith your I-485 petition. If you need further information please visit USCIS Website and the have given some good information.

thank you ohseth

Hi ohseth

thanks a bunch..as u said it might cost you 160-180. Is this for whole medical or only the RFE medical test. Originally i sent it to USCUS from an approved doctor. Now it's only RFE to submit the X-ray. that's the reason i asked whether i need another 693 or only the report.

thanks

paranoia maybe not worried yes

hey everybody will be in some sort of tension till GC is received. Its not paranoia its called worrying for all the possible outcome.I am not alone doing this everybody in GC process is worried one way or the other. Let me ask isnt H1 a non immigrant status and ead /ap an immigrant status.As far as i know can a person have both immigrant and non immigrant status at the same time. That is what i wanted to know?

Chocolate said:
Let me ask isnt H1 a non immigrant status and ead /ap an immigrant status.
--------------H1 is non immigrant status,
EAD is Employment authorization document is is NOT immigrant status
AP is document to travel it is not immigrant status. you CAN get EAD AP if I-485 is pending and that is AOS Pending or Adjustment of status pending .

As far as i know can a person have both immigrant and non immigrant status at the same time.
--YES( H1 visa has DUAL intent)
That is what i wanted to know?

Chocolate said:

1.Yes you need medical exam to file 485.Don't allow them to send an RFE because it will delay your case.

Medical

hello_me123 said:
Hello Ginnu/chocklate and experts
i have some concerns regarding the the Medical RFE. The letter states that

Could you pls tell me , what am i supposed to do?? I don't have any medical problems. My questions are
1) Do i need to do only the chest Xray or both (Chest X ray and again the TB test)
---------Yes you have to do chest Xray,they will not do the Tb test again
2) Can i do it from my own doctor (probably not a immi doctor). I did my medical from a different doctor(immigration approved).
------------No USCIS will not accept your Doctor.Go to USCIS approved civil surgeon
3) Do i provide only this document or doctor again needs to fill 693 formand then i send it.
--------------After your Xray done the doctor will give you a sealed envelop,send it to USCIS thru your law people or by you.

yor help is greatly apreciated