Medicaid and Unemployment benefits question

Deepak06

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

Due to lose of job I am considering certain benefits and would like to know the effect,if any, on naturalization process.

1) Would acceptance of unemployment benefits be viewed negatively during citizenship interview?

2) We are planning to choose SCHIP/Medicaid insurance for US born daughter. Would this cause any issues during naturalization, do I have to pay back to govt. later on?

thanks

Deepak
GC since 2005

Would acceptance of unemployment benefits be viewed negatively during citizenship interview?

Not at all. This has been asked and answered numerous times.

We are planning to choose SCHIP/Medicaid insurance for US born daughter. Would this cause any issues during naturalization, do I have to pay back to govt. later on?

On what basis will you be eligible for Medicaid?

your employment status is not a criteria for the naturalization; also, the fact that your family needs to draw benefits like medicaid or SChip is not a criteria either.
The need of those benefits are no indication of your "good moral character" but merely a representation of your economical luck or rather misfortune.

take care

Thanks for the clarifications,

When I went through the N-400 FORM, I was stuck at questions 22.g "Failed to support your dependents or to pay alimony?

Would having govt. insurance mean, failed to provide support to dependents?
OR
Does above clause apply to divorced couples only ?

for Real canadian's question, I am only considering putting my daughter (US born) on Schip, based on Unemployment benefits as the income.

Deepak

When I went through the N-400 FORM, I was stuck at questions 22.g "Failed to support your dependents or to pay alimony?

Would having govt. insurance mean, failed to provide support to dependents?
OR
Does above clause apply to divorced couples only ?

Deepak

Yes, that's related to Child support and divorce.
22 is not related to UI claims.