Meaning of GC sponsorship in reference to AC21

whatwhenwhy

Registered Users (C)
Hello Gurus,

My I-485 has been filed for more than 180 days (more than 2 years now to be more precise). I have a valid EAD, though I do not have an H1 anymore and cannot apply for one, since I have completed 6 years in the country. But I do have a valid EAD. I am getting an excellent offer from another company. However, they are willing to consider me only if there is no sponsorship of any kind required. They are willing to provide any letter or paperwork, if required. But they will not state that they are 'sponsoring' the process. The question is, can I hire a lawyer and continue the GC process or has the company need to declare to SCIS that they are sponsoring the process ?

Thanks

whatwhenwhy said:
Hello Gurus,

My I-485 has been filed for more than 180 days (more than 2 years now to be more precise).
--- if your I-140 is approved you are eligible for AC21 if your new job is with same or similar job duties, you can join new employer with EAD but new employer should be ready to give you a letter for permanenent job offer letter that you will use for AC21
I have a valid EAD, though I do not have an H1 anymore and cannot apply for one, since I have completed 6 years in the country. But I do have a valid EAD. I am getting an excellent offer from another company. However, they are willing to consider me only if there is no sponsorship of any kind required. They are willing to provide any letter or paperwork, if required. But they will not state that they are 'sponsoring' the process. The question is, can I hire a lawyer and continue the GC process
--- yes, and get letter of permanent job offer from new employer to use AC21 and lawyer can send it to USCIS with your I-485 filing reciept copy
or has the company need to declare to UCIS that they are sponsoring the process ?
----- they just have to give you letter of permanent job offer, talk to lawyer he will guide you
Thanks

My 2 cents..
I guess AC21 filing will pose a problem , even though you have perm postion . Reason I'm Questioning is Every case who is not informed getting approved either with RFE or direct . In fact most people not getting approved early or never seen a case approved in time when you pro activley informed about AC-21. well I'm not lawyer or immg expert but my suggestion follow the trend ..