Me citizen but wife is still stuck at REF

zhwgc

Registered Users (C)
The journey is very smooth for me - completing end to end just around 90 days.

Nov 18 - N-400 Sent to Phoneix
Nov 19 - PD
Dec 27 - Finger printing
Feb 08 - Interview
Feb 15 - Oath

However, my wife case is still stuck at REF. We filed and went to finger printing together, but since then, my case went along well but hers is stuck (online message is still RFE).

We called and got the standard answer - nothing is wrong and every case is different.

Any suggestion what we can do to get her case moving?

Thanks in advance.

The journey is very smooth for me - completing end to end just around 90 days.

Nov 18 - N-400 Sent to Phoneix
Nov 19 - PD
Dec 27 - Finger printing
Feb 08 - Interview
Feb 15 - Oath

However, my wife case is still stuck at REF. We filed and went to finger printing together, but since then, my case went along well but hers is stuck (online message is still RFE).

We called and got the standard answer - nothing is wrong and every case is different.

Any suggestion what we can do to get her case moving?

Thanks in advance.

The "RFE" case status message simply refers to the fingerprinting appointment letter. If there were no further updates, this means that her file is still at the National Benefits Center and has not yet been transferred to the local field office.
The most likely explanation for the delay is that she is still going though the FBI Name Check.

In terms of what you can do:
1) File an e-request online (a kind of a service request to find out the reason for the delay), at
https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Case.do
2) Schedule and INFOPASS appointment at the local USCIS office and talk to a live person there.
3) Contact the two U.S. Senators for your state and/or the member of the U.S. House of representative for the area where you live and ask them form help. They have specially trained staff for dealing with immigration requests and will forward a request to USCIS. This way you will get the most substantive and honest info about what is really going on with your wife's file. If she is stuck in the FBI Name Check, a congress-member's inquiry is not going to help with expediting that, but at least you'll know exactly what's going on.

We contacted the senator office and they did a good job inquirying with USCIS. USCIS also responded in a timely manner.

It turns out my wife's first finger print was deemed "unclassifiable" by FBI, and some computer error prevented a second FP notice being automatically sent out under this circumstance.

Lsst week we have received a notice for 2nd FP for this Friday, and we are having our fingers crossed for the finger prints to pass this time.

Any suggestions on how to improve the chance of getting a readable FP?

There is not much you can do to ensure a readable fingerprint. Usually the FP officer will sanitize your hand or ensure that it is clean.
Keeping your fingers crossed will prevent you from getting finger printed so I will not advice for it :)
Seriously there is very little you can do once you have cleaned your hands. The FP taker and the machine play the primary role in getting a readable FP

We contacted the senator office and they did a good job inquirying with USCIS. USCIS also responded in a timely manner.

It turns out my wife's first finger print was deemed "unclassifiable" by FBI, and some computer error prevented a second FP notice being automatically sent out under this circumstance.

Lsst week we have received a notice for 2nd FP for this Friday, and we are having our fingers crossed for the finger prints to pass this time.

Any suggestions on how to improve the chance of getting a readable FP?

She should schedule an Infopass appt ASAP to follow up to make sure that the 2nd print is either OK or if unclassifiable that it does not get "stuck" again.