me and my wife

komikzade

Registered Users (C)
:confused: My wife is green card holder. I am on H-1 B Visa. I beat her, and now there is a restraining order but i guess there is warrant of arrest, too, i don't know. there will be a court on 14th of June.

Is my immigration status on danger...can they revoke my visa due to domestic violence? Please help. KZ. :(

are you for real... I hope they revoke it...as criminal offense are a reason to revoke nonimmigrant visa.

Have fun in court... :mad:

Glorya, I doubt it considering that this guy has the same thing posted on 3 different forums. You sound like someone coming from a very male chauvinistic society. If you actually beat your wife in the true sense of the word, I have no sympathies for you. Good luck at the court!

komikzade said:
:confused: My wife is green card holder. I am on H-1 B Visa. I beat her, and now there is a restraining order but i guess there is warrant of arrest, too, i don't know. there will be a court on 14th of June.

Is my immigration status on danger...can they revoke my visa due to domestic violence? Please help. KZ. :(

I cant say your H1-B will be okay (If you get arrested, your H1 is no longer valid as you will not have a job and your employer will not want you. If you are deported, you can kiss everything goodbye) but you will definitely have problems when you apply for GC. Next time, use the right head before you do something like this. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: moron

komikzade said:

sorry to know that the judment has already been given,even before you went to the court.

komikzade said:

Next time let her beat you up...you will be charged only with...disturbing the peace :D :D

On your actual situation...I have to say it: you're screwed...the illegals are in better shape than you.

komikzade said:
... I beat her... (
Guilty!!! You're so inhumane :eek:

komikzade said:
...now there is a restraining order but i guess there is warrant of arrest, too, i don't know. there will be a court on 14th of June...
(
Good for her!

komikzade said:
....Is my immigration status on danger...can they revoke my visa due to domestic violence? Please help. KZ. :(
If your company know about this, I bet they'll ask you to resign. So, kiss good bye to your H1 B visa. What you need to do is to find a lawyer who can defend you, not to ask our help! We definitely can't help you except to mock you :D

will they inform ins

IM85U said:
Welllllll, I think we've successfully driven him off...

if i manage my company they won't know, will ins learn about it and revoke my visa...how can i protect myself.

Whatever happenned to innocent until proven guilty part? I'm in no way defending someone beating his wife, but for now he allagedly beat up his wife.

Get yourself a good lawyer and show up in court. Only a lawyer who specializes in this type of crime will know best.

According to my lawyer if you're in a nonimmigrant visa any sentence of 12 months even suspended will cause you to be deported. If you're sentenced to 12 months in prison I would take deportation over it.

When you goto court, chances are no one will ask your visa status and they will not know to notify immigration.

If you have to spend 3 weeks in jail how will you explain that to your employer?

If you are charged with misdeameanor domestic violence you might still be able to get a greencard later on, but if you're charged with felony domenstic violence, you probably have no chance.

Focus on beating the charge or getting it reduced or suspending it for 1 year etc when you goto court. Get a good criminal defense lawyer.

No on in this forum can give you advice without knowing all the details and reading your arrest warrant and complaint against you.

yes i beat her but why?

i left home 2 months ago. i want her to give the divorce she doesnot. she does not want to divorce. married for 18 months. she wants to go to marriage counselor i wanted to explain her but she wanted to hug me. so it all started the beating. she was hospitalized. thats how cops found out. she ran away went to the hospital .

there is a temporary restaining order. for her civil complaint court is on 14th of june.
there is also a criminal complaint charged by the polices no court date for that but there is a warrant of arrest for that i learnt.

is it serious? it happened in NJ i work in NY

I think you are either trying to see what people would say to your posts rather than find out what you want. This forum is for help with family based immigration procedures. If you are telling the truth, then what you need is legal help. You are also not very forthcoming about the situation. If you have a warrant for your arrest, why are you still at large? You should be at the court posting bail. Whatever your situation is and intentions are for posting on this forum, I hope you are having fun.

i hoped

i am not messing with anyone telling you the truth.
i left home 1 month ago. I said to her parents i wanted divorce. she said she ddint want to and want to go to the marriage counselor. she started to hug me and thats how i pushed her and everything else started.

court for her civil complaint while she got temporary restraining order, is on 14th of june.

but i heard cops also filed for criminal complaint and that brought warrant of arrest but i work in ny and they are in nj..i dont know noone arrested me yet..

all i care is if it will affect my h-1 thats it.

although one did wrong, it does not mean he should be lynched here. It looks to me whoever responded with emotion is just enjoying themselves torrtuing him. That's shame.

To original poster, you can not get answer for such matters here. Talk to lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not expressing sympathy, nor adversity against the OP.

All the stories have two versions, and we can't judge him with only a few details he provided.

Let the court to judge his case, to have him convicted or not.

He asked a simple question, and my opinion is that his H1 won't be affected by this case...unless he's convicted and jailed...or if someone goes to his employer and tel him/her the ugly side of the story.

yeah my wife and her heart problems, no oxygen all she does is yell and throw pots at me, she is a citizen and i have to stand and take that, i yell back because i am sick of her yelling and i am accussed of attitude.
I am bound to be defensive when she is looking for a fight all the time.
I am not going to beat her but for crying out loud you would think she was pregnant or something.