May, June 2005 Approvals - Biometrics Yet ?

i_m_losing_it

Registered Users (C)
Folks approved in May and June 2005,

Has anyone received Biometrics after being approved in May, June 2005. I am waiting after an approval on June 3rd.

Approved on 10 Jun 05, Waiting for Biometric appointment.

Hi All,

My I-485 approved on 10 Jun 05 & waiting for biometric appointment. Approval letter received on 17 Jun 05.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the wait is about a month after the approval unless biometrics has already been done before approval happens.

Interestingly, folks in other service centers (example, CSC) are not being asked to go through biometrics unless it is a renewal or a replacement.

Thoughts ??

Biometrics are scheduled by your local office depending on their workload so some of us will receive biometric notices sooner than others. Having said that, Wednesday will be 2 weeks since my 485 approval and I still have not received anything but I hope to receive something in the next week or two since my ASC is very small and one of the only 2 ASCs left who do not have infopass and only accept walk-ins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the Biometric Notice 5 weeks after approval, AND incidentally after I had already had my passport stamped. I did the old method of giving them my index print, I supplied the photos and I signed the I-89 card.
So who knows whats up with these guys. Don't know why I would get the Biometric notice after I supplied them with what they need to make the green card.

So it looks like it's taking 4 to 5 weeks to receive biometrics. The cards seem to arrive 1 to 2 weeks afterwards. Not too shabby considering how slow the previous process was.

i_m_losing_it said:
Folks approved in May and June 2005,

Has anyone received Biometrics after being approved in May, June 2005. I am waiting after an approval on June 3rd.
See my signature

Biometrics not received yet

My case was approved on 5/12 and PP stamped on 06/03 and no word on biometrics yet. I am from VA.

No Biometrics yet!

My case was approved on 6/30, got approval notice on 7/5 . No biometrics yet!.

No Biometics / PP Stamping for me

My I485 was approved on 5/26 still waiting for biometics appointment. I am from Detroit area so no PP Stamping as well.

Waiting for biometics: I485 approved on 10 Jun 05.

Myself and my spouse I485 applications were approved on 10 Jun 05. Waiting for biometics appointment. LUD changed on 29 Jun 05. But same message like your application approved........blah... blah....

Visa availability affect on biometric notice.

Does Visa availability has any affect on biometric notice?. I did't see anybody posted related to biomteric notice for recent approvals. Very positive that visa availability don't have any affect on plastic card process, but thought to ask guru's .. Thanks

jk_GC said:
Does Visa availability has any affect on biometric notice?. I did't see anybody posted related to biomteric notice for recent approvals. Very positive that visa availability don't have any affect on plastic card process, but thought to ask guru's .. Thanks

Should not be. You already got your visa when your I458 was approved.
Don't worry.

count me in, my 485 was approved on 6/3, waiting for biometrics notice, i plan to travel abroad the beginning of september, hopefully i'll have plastic card by then so i don't have to go for ppt stamping.