May, June 2005 Approvals - Biometrics Yet ?

I changed my address in Jan 2005 and informed USCIS. I called 1-800 number they told me to wait for biometrics and also told me my address is correct.

mozaffar421 said:
Rapidfire:

Did you recently changed your resident or mailing address? Most of us (from Metro Detroit) whose 485 was approved between May 1 to June 1, 2005, got the Biomet notice including myself.

maheshcr said:
Hi,

I got my I-140 approved yesterday. Any tentative idea as how long will it take for I-485 to get approved? Mine is a concurrent filing at NSC.

Thanks

Mahesh

That is a million dollar question, becuase no one can answer that with any degree of surety. One thing you have to remember is that your EB category is very important. If you are in EB3, and from India as your name suggests, then you have a loooooong wait ahead of you. Even if your category is EB2 or EB1, you may be soon out of luck as these are expected to retrogress soon also.

My I-140 was approved the day before (08/17) and I called the NSC regarding my I-485 stating mine was a concurrent filing and I didn’t hear anything on my wife’s and my I-485.

NSC asked for permission from my wife to check on her case status and told me the cases are being sent to an officer.

How long does it take to hear an decision on the case once it gets to the officer? Any ideas?

Thanks

Rcvd Biometric Notice

Hi I received my BM notice recently. It is scheduled for 08/26.

RD - 05/15/02
Approval 05/26/05
BM 08/26/05

Received the Cards

NAJ said:
We went today to the Detroit ASC center with tickets showing an overseas travel on 09/05/05. They took our biometric and today evening received email that the cards have been ordered.

Biometric 08/16/05
Cards ordered 08/16/05
Cards mailed 08/18/05
Cards Received today 08/20/05

After 60 days of approval I called USCIS. The lady was very nice. She took all the information and said she will talk to the supervisor and most probably, will send biometric notice in two weeks.

I will update you guys in two weeks.

I am in the same boat !

MJones said:
After 60 days of approval I called USCIS. The lady was very nice. She took all the information and said she will talk to the supervisor and most probably, will send biometric notice in two weeks.

I will update you guys in two weeks.

Mine approved on 6/30, no BM yet! have to call on 30th and see how it goes. Who will send BM?, local office or NSC ?.

Originally Posted by jk_GC
Mine approved on 6/30, no BM yet! have to call on 30th and see how it goes. Who will send BM?, local office or NSC ?.

As per the talk I had with the USCIS the other day, I can say that it is NSC who sends out the Biometrics notice. NSC might be contacting Local Office to find out available time slots etc. before issuing biometrics.

My case was approved on 5/26 no Biometrics yet. I called 1800 number but no luck so far. I talked to Immigration officer, who told me to fill out inquiry form and submit. I got response saying same as My approval notice to wait for biometrics notice. I called again last week and CSR told me that she has filed an inquiry and told me to wait for 30 days.

Any suggestion what should I do to get this biometrics notice?

rapidfire09 said:
My case was approved on 5/26 no Biometrics yet. I called 1800 number but no luck so far. I talked to Immigration officer, who told me to fill out inquiry form and submit. I got response saying same as My approval notice to wait for biometrics notice. I called again last week and CSR told me that she has filed an inquiry and told me to wait for 30 days.

Any suggestion what should I do to get this biometrics notice?

My wife's 485 was approved on 5/12 and didnt receive biometrics notice yet, called after 60days and the lady is nice and told that will send a request and will get response in 30days, no luck tried again after 30days she took all the information and said to wait for 30 more days, i said i already did that, then she said i have to wait, then yday i got an email that the response for request was done on aug 22 and wait for 30days before i call again, if i didnot get any notice..

i dont know ,we are still waiting.

Status Update after Biometric

I-485 approved on 06/21 biometric code 2 completed on 08/24. No change in the message and no change in the last update date too. Anybody in the same boat. Any thoughts are appreciated. I have seen many people saying that there status message change to card ordered in few hours... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Early Biometrics at Detroit ASC

Received Biometrics notice (Code 2) at Detroit ASC in the 2nd week of August - Appointment date was September 23rd! Decided to take a chance at early FP having read somewhere in the forums that Wednesdays and Saturdays are generally lean days. Went today afternoon at 2:30pm - The ASC had a total of 6 people (including us!). The officer demurred against an early FP for us after seeing our notice but relented immediately after we made some remark about us being busy on the scheduled date ! (It is hard to say no when there is no activity, I guess!). The whole process took 5 minutes. Index finger print, signature on an electronic pad and a digital portrait picture of your face.

Hope this helps anyone considering early biometrics at Detroit ASC (We got it done a month early!)

I am new to this Tread

Hi Guys

I just received approval for my I-140 and I have to wait until October for filling I-485.
In general, how long does it take to get 485 approval from Lincoln, NE?

Here is my signature

EB3(MICHIGAN)

Labor filed in January 2003
Labor AD = APRIL 2005
I140 filed in July 2005
I485 not filed yet
Fingerprint not done yet
I140 AD = 08/24/2005
I485 AD = N/A
Biometric notice Received = N/A
Biometric Done = N/A
CARD ORDERED = N/A
CARD MAILED = N/A

Thanks for your input
gbroder

Has anybody gotten the same STRANGE approval letter from TSC?

Hey Folks,

On AUG 23, 2005 I got a strange letter.

Notice Type: Approval Notice

The letter says “In processing your case we have reached the point where we need you to make an appointment to go to one of out Application Support Centers to have same additional Biometrics taken.” There is no mention of my case being approved.

LUD 8/05/05, 08/08/05, 0811/05, 08/16/05, 08/17/05

But the online massage is:

Current Status:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on April 6, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Some details of my case
I-140 RD August 16, 2003 (EB-1b: outstanding professor/researcher)
PD August 18, 2003
I 140 AD August 9, 2004

Filed I-485: April 6, 2005
FN (code 3) July 21, 2005
Bio done August 5, 2005

LUD 8/05/05, 08/08/05, 0811/05, 08/16/05, 08/17/05

I would appreciate it if anybody can share his/her experience or recent information with me.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Received fingerprint notification

I have received fingerprint notification today for me and my wife scheduled for 21st sept. The title of the notice says fingerprint notification and not Biometrics. Code is 2.

Question:
Is fingerprint nofication same as biometric notice?

I am still waiting for my son's. Do minor require biometric/fingerprints?

Please reply.

MJones said:
I have received fingerprint notification today for me and my wife scheduled for 21st sept. The title of the notice says fingerprint notification and not Biometrics. Code is 2.

Question:
Is fingerprint nofication same as biometric notice?

I am still waiting for my son's. Do minor require biometric/fingerprints?

Please reply.

that's the same as biometrics..

Hello...
just received the biometrics notice (code 2) for myself and my spouse
my application was approved on June 30, 2005..

what documents other than passport and my driver's license do i need to carry?

Thanks ...

Hello

newhere3 said:
Hello...
just received the biometrics notice (code 2) for myself and my spouse
my application was approved on June 30, 2005..

what documents other than passport and my driver's license do i need to carry?

Thanks ...
newhere3,
Where are you from?. Mine also approved on the same day but did not get bio notice yet!.When is your appointment?.

By the way just biometrics appointment letter and driver's licence (passport if no driver licence available), no additional documents needed.

Thanks in advance for you reply Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: