• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

May 2019 Visa Bulletin

Mijoro

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except
Those Listed Separately

AFRICA 37,200
Except: Egypt 21,100

ASIA 10,000
Except: Nepal 5,775

EUROPE 26 ,800

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 14

OCEANIA 1,025

SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN 1,150

I wonder if we will have to wait until the end of the month before we see 2NL sent out :confused:

I had to wait until the second last day of the month. It seems like it takes forever trust me I drove everyone insane with constantly checking.

Once it comes through though it seems to go pretty quickly.

I got mine in the first batch in February (Feb 20th) for April interviews but that could be because Feb is a short month - or just that I was very lucky :)
Interesting. I checked. You weren't lucky, there were more people interviewed in SYD in April that received 2NL in 1st batch. I retract my previous statement :)

6 months of interviews and less than 28% of the 50k used. They really messed this year up with the new document procedure rollout.
Hopefully, they'll be able to pick up the pace. In FY18 they were able to issue over 5k visas per month (Aug and Sep).

Hopefully, they'll be able to pick up the pace. In FY18 they were able to issue over 5k visas per month (Aug and Sep).

Yep - but we would need 5-6k per month from April to September.

BUT - they are not setting up enough interviews to achieve that level.

2NLs for April interviews were about 2700
2NLs for May interviews were about 2700

Neither month is enough interviews to achieve 5k visas, and the AP cases is not at the level that would be needed to make up the difference. So - they are probably going to have issued about 22k visas by the end of May, leaving 25k+ to be issued in the final 4 months. That would require around 4000+ interviews per month, and I am not sure there is "capacity" in the system for that level (embassy & KCC & background checks).

That is why I have been talking about the chaos factor for the last couple of months rather than whether X region will go current or not.

I hope I'll be proved wrong, or that the new procedure is weeding enough bad cases out of the process to allow "capacity" for the good cases.

Yep - but we would need 5-6k per month from April to September.

BUT - they are not setting up enough interviews to achieve that level.

2NLs for April interviews were about 2700
2NLs for May interviews were about 2700

Neither month is enough interviews to achieve 5k visas, and the AP cases is not at the level that would be needed to make up the difference. So - they are probably going to have issued about 22k visas by the end of May, leaving 25k+ to be issued in the final 4 months. That would require around 4000+ interviews per month, and I am not sure there is "capacity" in the system for that level (embassy & KCC & background checks).

That is why I have been talking about the chaos factor for the last couple of months rather than whether X region will go current or not.

I hope I'll be proved wrong, or that the new procedure is weeding enough bad cases out of the process to allow "capacity" for the good cases.

Such a shame the impact this new process is having on CPers. AOSers on the other hand stand to benefit from this as there’s no risk of visas running out before the end of the FY, as long as their CNs get to be current and they’re able to complete the process before the end of the FY also.

Such a shame the impact this new process is having on CPers. AOSers on the other hand stand to benefit from this as there’s no risk of visas running out before the end of the FY, as long as their CNs get to be current and they’re able to complete the process before the end of the FY also.

Very true. every cloud has a silver lining.

So probably a dumb question but will it just be that they won’t have the max visas issued before FY if it keeps going this way? Has this ever happened before?

So probably a dumb question but will it just be that they won’t have the max visas issued before FY if it keeps going this way? Has this ever happened before?
In 2014 they were 10k short (only 40,320 visas issued), in 2015 4.5k short (45,618), so it happens from time to time. Reasons vary. AFAIR one year they didn't randomize the selectees properly and had to redraw.