May 2011 Filers

Congrats everyone,

theshinka, your interview will smooth too, and polar you will receive it by tomorrow i hope

i checked my mail in the evening and voila, the EAD was there. woohoo! now onto waiting for the interview letter!

Got production card ordered for the EAD. Also got the official interview letter set for August 24 7:15 am....Pretty stoked... I hope to get the card by next week... it looks like wishful thinking though considering that majority of May filers get their official card on hand in 1 1/2 weeks...Anyway... Pretty excited!!!! Hang in there fellow May filers!! We are almost there!!!!

i got my card this week.. i'm already job hunting and august 25th is my INTERVIEW... what kind of questions they gonna ask??? father filing for son.

Got production card ordered for the EAD. Also got the official interview letter set for August 24 7:15 am....Pretty stoked... I hope to get the card by next week... it looks like wishful thinking though considering that majority of May filers get their official card on hand in 1 1/2 weeks...Anyway... Pretty excited!!!! Hang in there fellow May filers!! We are almost there!!!!

Hi I got RFE letter, too. Did you receive 2 bio letters for I-765 and I485 or just one bio letter? I only received bio letter for 485 which was done on 07/14, but still haven't received bio letter for I765.

Hi I got RFE letter, too. Did you receive 2 bio letters for I-765 and I485 or just one bio letter? I only received bio letter for 485 which was done on 07/14, but still haven't received bio letter for I765.

I only got 1 bio appointment for the I-485...i dont think you are suppose to have 2....unless there are some prints that were needed to be redone...

I only got 1 bio appointment for the I-485...i dont think you are suppose to have 2....unless there are some prints that were needed to be redone...
Thanks very much for your response. I kind of figure out: if we file the 765 concurrently with 485, then we just need one biometrics; if separately, then we need two.

what type of questions are they going to ask me.. Step father filing for step son?? I'm so damn scared... Help me.
August 25, interview

Scared of what? If it is a bonafide relationship and you are closely involved in your step sons life, what have you to be scared of, hein?

what type of questions are they going to ask me.. Step father filing for step son?? I'm so damn scared... Help me.
August 25, interview

iight.. i'm the son. lol.. but OK! lets see how it goes.. i gotta go see my lawyer for pre-interview questions.
Scared of what? If it is a bonafide relationship and you are closely involved in your step sons life, what have you to be scared of, hein?

Interview Experience

Hi Guys,

I had my interview 8:30 this morning at the Tampa, Fl field office. The interview lasted literally, 5 mins! Firstly, the IO checked our IDs. He then proceeded to go through standard I-485 information. He then asked if we have any evidence to show it is a bonafide marriage that we want to submit. I asked if he wanted copies, or originals, he said copies. I gave him our account statement, furniture we purchased together and insurance policy with my husband as beneficiary (I already sumitted our lease with our application). I asked if he wanted to see pictures, he said, he'll look at them but he didn't need them for our file. He asked how we met, and I replied at his sister's wedding reception. THAT WAS IT.

He then said, Ok, "congratulations, you are a permanent resident." He said, “I don't need to drill you guys becacuse I have already reviewed you application and got the feel for it. When you are doing this for a while, you kinda know.” He then went on to stamp my passport.

Congratulations! great to see success stories and experiences that are inspiring and helpful to folks here.

WOOOOHOOOOO!!! Amazing!!!! Approved today at interview.

Got there about 30 minutes early, was called in at 11:20 and approved at 11:30.

I have to say it was a fairly pleasant experience, except that I was freezing - the building is beautiful and everyone there was very laid back. My husband and I checked in and looked at the waiting room, there were probably about 20 or so couples there (most of them had lawyers - we did not). It was kind of amusing to watch the lawyers prep their clients, most of them looked terrified (I think the lawyers might have been scaring them) and some were even going through their paperwork. I was tempted to look at the paperwork again, but my husband told me to just breathe because we checked and double checked everything the week before. Our buzzer went off and a very pleasant young lady told us to walk with her to door number 1. Before we sat down she swore us in - "do you swear to tell truth etc" We said yes. Then she proceeded to ask for our driver's licenses and passports, which I handed to her. She then asked me a bunch of questions from the I-485 (have you ever voted, have you ever done anything criminal etc.) She then asked me what my address is - I told her. She then asked if I am working - I said no. She asked my birthdate - I told her and then she asked my husband where he worked - he told her. Next she asked if I have anything I want to give her - I had a huge folder with a bunch of evidence and said to her do you want the copies or the originals? She said I just need a copy of your marriage certificate - which I handed to her, along with a copy of the photo album I made with iPhoto. (I also send a copy of the album with the original application) She glanced through it and asked whether we had a big wedding. And the last question was how the two of us met - which we answered. She then said I am approving you today - and I literally just got the text notice that my case has been updated and that my card is in production. (I also got notice of my EAD card today).

5/17/11 - Sent Package
5/18/11 - Received Package
5/24/11 - Received e-mail notification for I-485, I-130, I-765
5/24/11 - Checks cashed
5/25/11 - Last activity on account based on online tool
5/28/11 - Biometrics appointment letter (for 6/20/11)
6/20/11 - Biometrics Done (they were very nice)
6/24/11 - Text indicating Activity online (at 7:30 am) in morning - I jumped up so fast to get to the computer!
6/24/11 - Notice stating that interview will be on July 27 - no EAD action though
7/21/11 - Notice that EAD has been approved
7/26/11 - Notice that EAD is in production
7/27/11 - Notice of I-485 Approval and Production of card!!!!!

THANK YOU USCIS!!!!!!!