May 2009 AOS filers

This might sound stupid but....once I receive my new EAD card in the mail, does that mean I can work for almost any company I want now?

I used to have an EAD that was based off of my schooling which limited me to jobs in my field (accounting and finance)

Bump for help....

If he got your EAD and AP then your good coz those wont work if your an LPR already. My status online did not change after a day of my interview. Try to check it out from time to time but for the mean time don't stress it :)

Patience my friend :D

Thanks iamthegreatest....

ication Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On August 21, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.......

Thanks everybody for supporting. You guys keep fighting, my case was as hard as stone. But thanks God things went well.

Good luck to all do not quit, keep fight and fight.

This might sound stupid but....once I receive my new EAD card in the mail, does that mean I can work for almost any company I want now?

I used to have an EAD that was based off of my schooling which limited me to jobs in my field (accounting and finance)

You can work for any employer with the new EAD card. Congrats!:D

ication Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On August 21, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.......

Congrats.

Can you post your timeline in the signature?

Update

Went for interview on Aug. 21, got approved:)

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the help and good luck to all!

Congrats.

Can you post your timeline in the signature?

05/02/09: Package sent to Chicago
05/07/09: Received NOA's
05/22/09: Received FP Appo
05/28/09: LUD RFE sent
06/28/09: Respond on RFE
07/02/09: Case Resumed
07/15/09: LUD EAD orderded
7/23/09: Received EAD & AP
7/24/09: Interview ltr 8/20
8/20/09: Interview, IO will review the file in less than 3days
8/21/09: LUD I-485 Card ordered.

Thanks everyone for sharing all the information and the experience along the way. I have benefited a lot from reading the postings here. Here's my timeline:

5/27/09: Sent package by UPS 2nd day air (130,131, 485)
5/29/09: Received by USCIS chicago
6/3/09: Notice date (PD)
6/6/09: Checks cashed
6/6/09: Received all three notices
6/24/09: Finger print done
8/21/09: Interview done
8/24/09: Card production ordered:D

Today, i again got LUD on I485....Card Prod. Ordered.
does anybody know when i will get my actual Greencard?
I am also waiting for Welcome Letter and I130 Aproval notice...they send those to me on Aug 21 but i had soft LUD on I130 on Aug 24 (status still same)...

Today, i again got LUD on I485....Card Prod. Ordered.
does anybody know when i will get my actual Greencard?
I am also waiting for Welcome Letter and I130 Aproval notice...they send those to me on Aug 21 but i had soft LUD on I130 on Aug 24 (status still same)...

I think you will get it between sept 1-3. You time line look like mine, and the status online just said Card Ordered on August 21. I believe you will receive your welcome ltr sometime this week. but GC will be in the mail next week.

So we have an interview in 5 days, we are preparing documents, copies etc..
We don't have much, photos from wedding and few more from other occasions, few bank statements ( credit cards, checking, savings), car insurance on both names, car title on both of our names, letter saying that i am the beneficiary on his 401k plan, some utility bills, joint tax return for 2008...that's it.
Any last minute advices ? :)
Thanks