May 2009 AOS filers

I have a question for those who received their AOS interview letter. Did you have any attachment with the I-797C ?

I personally had a "Notice to Applicant" who detailed the documentation that should be brought for the interview in case of previous arrest and/or detention ...

That's a common attachment to the interview letter.

Can you update your signature? What is your DO?

Card production ordered

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On August 6, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The I-130 status is still showing as being pending and I think the card production is what we need to be looking for.

Help with filing forms

It looks like all of you have already been thru the process of filing for a relative.
Can anyone help me with the following since all of you are experienced with this:

Am an american citizen (naturalized) and my husband has a TPS status, he came to the us ilegally, however he applied for an Advance Parole to leave and re entered the country legally two years ago. His I-94 has expired but his TPS is current.

on form i130, part C, question 14:"if your relative is currently in the US, complete the following: he or she arrived as a: (visitor, student, stowaway, without inspection, etc"....What do I need to answer here, since he entered ilegally the first time and legally the second time?

on form I485, part 1 "Current USCIS Status:"...What should go here?

On form I485, part 3, question 1 (c):"have you ever ... been arrested..."he has been arrested twice; one for public disorder and the other for DUI. First one, he spent two weeks in jail and then was released. Second one he was released after paying the fines; he also served community service, completed a DUI Program, etc.

We went to the local police department to get his criminal record, but nothing shows on this record. we asked the person there, and she said that probably one doesn't show because it was a "first offense" and the other because they took "poor fingerprints" and was not recorded. What should we send as proof of these arrests? we have paper showing the DUI arrest, but nothing on the first arrest.

Can I, the wife, translate his birth certificate in Spanish to English and have a notary public sing with me? or does someone else need to translate it and notarize it?

Do we need to fill out form I485 Supplement A based on his status? Does this apply to him: You do not have to submit Supplement A to form I485 if you: are applying to adjust status as the spouse....of a US citizen....and you were inspected and lawfully admitted to the US other than in c-1 of s nonimmigrant status" (he was inspected the second time at the airport, but not the first time.)"

Hi everyone,

My interview is on the 17th, next monday at noon. I'm very anxious about it and pretty much excited too. Anyhow here are the docs that I'm going to bring to my interview:

-My unexpired passport,I94 and EAD
-My birth certificate
-My husband's Naturalization cert
-Our son's Birth certificate (US Born)
-Joint bank account statements (2006 and 2009) and check book
-Credit card statements (both 2009)
-My husband's life insurance policy (I'm the 100% beneficiary)
-Health care insurance cards (my husband is the primary sponsor/holder)
-Expired power of attorney (when my husband was deployed in Iraq)
-My husbands Ticket from his R&R from Iraq to the Phils (2007)
-Cellphone bills (both 2009)
-Our Marriage Certificate (foreign but in english)
-Both of our Military IDs
-Wedding pictures both families and relatives were present, lots of pics, actually I'm gonna bring the album :)
-My husband's contract in the Army
-My husband's ITR (06-08), paystub (09) and I864
-Love letters when he was still in basic training way back 06 (both parties)

Anything missing???

Pleas advice everyone :) and Pray for me!!!

THanks ya'll!!! and Good luck to all of us!!! :)

Oh and btw, My husband is also getting deployed again this october so I really am hoping for an approval on that day!

Wish me luck!

Thanks to all who replied via PM :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow congrats.
You got CSC transfer about 1 month after applying. Some people don't get CSC transfer seems to get interview like second stage.
I applied about the same time for my mom but has been waiting for something to happen.

Congrats AswinPE-that was really quick. My mother applied the same day as your mother did-very similar timeline as you but not seen the 130 approved yet

D/O: Phoenix
05/26/2009 : Sent AOS for Mother(I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765)
6/08/2009 : Received NOAs
6/12/2009 and 6/19/2009: FP done -> walk -in
6/20/2009: Transfer to CSC
07/05/2009 : I-131(AP) received in the mail
07/12/2009 : I-765(EAD) received in the mail

Interview approved today - details follows:

I had my interview today (8/13/2009) in San Francisco field office. The interview was scheduled at 2:30pm and we got in at about 2pm and 15 min later, an officer came out and called my name. We sat in the office and he asked for the CA driver's license and passport of each of us and took my APs away.

questions he asked to my husband (USC)
1. what's the wedding date - My husband actually can't answer that question, he only knew the month but not the date. The office was unhappy about that.

2 what's my birthday - he paused few seconds too....but got it right

3. how many times he's been married - Dumb answer here: "I guess once?" (the officer got suspicious right there and asked lots of questions to him afterward.) OK, the problem is we got legally married early this year and now he's planning the real wedding ceremony/reception and he thinks without that ceremony, we are not married. anyways, he told the officer why he said "I guess" but the officer said he'll need more proof on the wedding planning stuff, he said we'll have to mail him that later.

If he had just said "Once", I guess our interview would have finished a lot sooner.

4. what's mother-in-law's name - he can't possible remember that, luckily I told him her last name the night before the interview.

5. he gave him a number (my cell) and asked him what the number is.

6. how did he meet me, when and where, which apartment he visited me in (I moved quite a few times, he was really suspicious here and kinda interrogated him, he's really bad at remembering all the little details, so he struggled and gave the officer good enough answer).

7. who went to our wedding, names and relationships

8. why do we still keep separate bank accounts - we do have a joint account though.

questions to me:
1. where do I live right now
2. have I met father-in-law and his name, where did i meet him
3. how many times I've been married

documents he requested:
health insurance
car insurance
rent
joint acct statement

Because he was laid off 2 weeks after we filed I-864EZ, we also brought for I-864 and supporting docs (say, my pay stub, bank statement and employment letter)

in the end, he said he will review the case again and he doesn't need us to mail him the proof of the wedding planning anymore because he thinks the rest of docs are good enough. He said he'll let us know the decision by the next day.

the interview ended at around 3pm and it took us about one hr to get back to where I work.

10 minutes I got back to my office and I got email saying my case's approved. card's ordered.

Good luck to everyone!

My timeline:

5/14/2009 - mailed I130, I485, I131
5/18/2009 - delivered
5/22/2009 - got all NOAs and check cashed
6/1/2009 - got FP appt on 6/9 10am
6/9/2009 - FP @ san francisco
6/10/2009 - I485 LUD
6/24/2009 - AP mailed
6/29/2009 - AP received in mail & Interview letter too
8/13/2009 - interview date
8/13/2009 - interview & approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, want to share with you that my parents' applications have been approved per online status, totally a little bit less than 3 months. Thanks for everyone's input here.