May 2009 AOS filers

interview done

hi may filers..

i would just like to update you about my interview yesterday morning..
we arrived early in buffalo, around 9:30 am though our interview was scheduled at 11:15.. we just waited for 10:30 since we do not want to be too early for the appointment.. we went through security.. and was in the waiting room with only 2 other people.. they were called ahead of us.. after a few minutes we were called in by a male officer and was ushered to his room.. we were placed under oath and were seated.. he just asked for my passport and ID for my husband.. he then asked us to state our address which my husband answered.. he reviewed some details about the application forms we submitted.. did not even ask for any originals of the documents we have submitted.. just asked us where, when and how we met.. and why i had my medical exam in california( we reside in ny).. i just told him we visited my parents and decided to do it there.. and that was it.. he asked us what documents we brought and i gave him the original copy of our lease, bank statements, insurance.. he asked me to choose 2 photos from the album i was giving him.. he then said that he was approving us but just needs to make copies of all the other documents we brought.. he went out of the office and came back after a few minutes.. he then explained about the removal of conditions and asked us if we have any more questions since we are done.. i asked him if he needed to stamp my passport but he said no.. unless we are traveling outside the country in the next 2 weeks.. since we do not have any plans to leave the country that soon.. he said the stamp would not be necessary since i would receive the card in 7-10 days.. we were so happy and thanked him.. and we were out of the building and ready to go home even before 11:15 (our appt time)..

i was hoping to see an online update when we got home but until this time.. there is no update online.. not even touched at all.. so i was confused.. he actually said we were approved but did not give me anything.. is this normal? now my optimism for the 7-10 days waiting was gone.. besides, everything was fast for us.. interview date was day81 after thy received our application..

well, i guess we just have to wait then..

Hi everyone,

My mom was schedule for interview this Thursday but had a minor accident when she was getting ready and we could not attend the interview. Next day we went to the Baltimore DO and applied for reschedule. Does anyone has experience with what happens if you miss your interview? I am interested in anyone who has dealt with a parent missing I-485 interview.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

My mom was schedule for interview this Thursday but had a minor accident when she was getting ready and we could not attend the interview. Next day we went to the Baltimore DO and applied for reschedule. Does anyone has experience with what happens if you miss your interview? I am interested in anyone who has dealt with a parent missing I-485 interview.

Thanks.

If you applied to re-schedule then you'll be called for another interview in the next few months depending on how busy your local DO is.
I would suggest bringing any additional documents that show why you had to re-schedule your initial interview.

Good luck Second stage

Hello Second stage

I see that your parents has interview on aug 8th, Good luck to you as well as for your parents . I really hope that your parents will get approval during interview.
Keep us informed.

It looks our case is struck in CSC, now i see that CSC has time line of 5 months for 130,485 for parents.I need to wait for couple more months I guess...OF COurse I was anticipating this :eek: me and USCIS always loves so much and they will take looooong time for all my applications :D

vasu

Hello Second stage

I see that your parents has interview on aug 8th, Good luck to you as well as for your parents . I really hope that your parents will get approval during interview.
Keep us informed.

Its on the 6th and yes. will post the interview experience here.

Hello everybody,
I wish everybody best of luck first in GC process. I have been checking my case online and it says
"Fingerprint fee accepted; receipt notice mailed and case pending."
but in the explanation below it also says that the case is in "NATIONAL BENEFIT CENTER". What I would like to know is that whether I should expect a change in this before getting the interview letter. Is it supposed to be transferred to local USCIS office even before the interview letter?
Well, my DV case# is lower than 5000 EUROPE but I need to get J1 waiver and it took a lot of time. Now I am very anxious to get the interview done assuming that I have enough time, Sep. is too close now. Thanks everybody and good luck

DV#4xxx
June6-8 received waiver approval from USCIS
June 12 AOS was sent, DV fee done
June 26 Receipt notice was received
June 29 Biometric appointment arrived
July23rd biometric done
July29 EAD mailed
???????????

Parents AOS Interview - GC approved.

Parents AOS Interview - GC approved...

The Tampa office is located on West Cypress Street. Arrived about 30 min earlier and they had plenty of parking space.

My parents were interviewed together even though they both had separate interview slots.

After we 3 were sworn-in, we sat down with the IO for about 15 minutes.

Qs asked to my parents:

1. What is your name?
2. State your DOB(Date of Birth).
3. State your parents name.
4. State your current address.
5. Four or Five questions from the I-485 form.
6. How many kids do you have? Where do they live?
7. Asked for birth certificate(NABC) and affidavits.
8. Asked for passports.

Qs for me:

1. How many siblings I had? Where do they live?
2. Asked for my birth certificate and affidavits. [I volunteered to show my U.S passport(the IO briefly glanced it) ]
3. State my DOB.
4. Any additional documents to prove parent-child relationship [ I told IO that all the evidence I had was submitted along with the application ]

Overall, the interview process was smooth. The IO was stern all along the while but the IO paid special attention to the birth certifications(NABC) and the affidavits we submitted.

The IO stamped my parents passport with temporary I-551 stamp that's valid for a year.

Any other questions? please post them here and I'll reply back...

Congrats second stage. I have 2 questions for you.
1. what documents you submitted to prove child-parent relationship.
2. my father in law coming next month to US on B1(visitor visa). how much time should we wait before applying greencard for him?

thanks
guru!!!

Parents AOS Interview - GC approved...

The Tampa office is located on West Cypress Street. Arrived about 30 min earlier and they had plenty of parking space.

My parents were interviewed together even though they both had separate interview slots.

After we 3 were sworn-in, we sat down with the IO for about 15 minutes.

Qs asked to my parents:
-
1. What is your name?
2. State your DOB(Date of Birth).

Congrats second stage. I have 2 questions for you.
1. what documents you submitted to prove child-parent relationship.
2. my father in law coming next month to US on B1(visitor visa). how much time should we wait before applying greencard for him?

Thanks punjabiguru.

For #1:

I submitted my passport(it had my parents name).
My parents submitted an affidavit stating the relationship.
My NABC has my parents name.

For #2:
I want to be clear that my parents had NO intention of adjusting their status during this visit but things went otherwise.
To be on the safe-side, please wait at least for 90 days.

Congrats Second Stage

D/O: Phoenix
05/26/2009 : Sent AOS for Mother(I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765)
6/08/2009 : Received NOAs
6/12/2009 and 6/19/2009: FP done -> walk -in
6/20/2009: Transfer to CSC
07/05/2009 : I-131(AP) received in the mail
07/12/2009 : I-765(EAD) received in the mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Parents Greencard Interview Experience
We went to the Raleigh-Durham USCIS Office around 9 AM . We had a scheduled interview for my mother at 9.30 AM and my dad at 10.15 AM. After entering the USCIS office and completed the Security Checks , we went to the Interview check-in counter. The lady at the checkin counter said she can get both the parents into the same interview room as long as they are married and also gave us the earliest interview time slot of 9.30 AM. We waited in the waiting area for our number to be called and were called in at 9.40 AM.

My parents and I were asked to raise our right hand to take the oath. After completing the oath we were asked a couple of questions .
1) Have I ever sponsored anybody else for GC before other than my parents: No
2) My Parents were asked to answer the questions on the second page (Polygamy , convictions , espionage ..) of the I-485 Application
3) The Officer verfied my Address information and name information
4) The Officer took both my parents I-94 forms from the passport and stapled it to the I-485 Application.
5) He asked if my parents have an SSN . I told him that my dad has received an SSN since he has a EAD but my mom doesnot have one since we didnot apply for EAD. He has updated the SSN information on my Dad's I-485 Application.
6) He took my Dad's EAD and put it in the trash and let us know that we should be getting a 10 Year card in the mail in a few weeks.
7) He put a Approved Stamp on both my parents I-130/I-485 App and entered that information into the computer.

We were all done my 10 AM and left the USCIS office. The officer was joking that his parent's were from Ireland and were ruled by the same people (Brit's) as I was originally from India. The Officer was cool and was constantly trying to engage my 2.5 Year old daughter who was little naughty! Overall the process was smooth , the only concern I had learned after joining this forum was that my parents came to the U.S on April 13th 2009 and I have applied for them on May 7th 2009 and was less than 30 days from the time of visiting U.S. Looks like that there is no waiting period to apply for a GC under the Immediate Relative Category according to many folks. The officer was amazed that the whole GC process to the interview was completed in less than three months , which exceeded my expectations as I was expecting this to take around 12-18 months based on the published processing times for the Raleigh-Durham Office which has one of the highest 485 backlogs in the U.S.

Thanks everyone for your support on this forum !! I will be around for a little while to answer any questions.

A quick question for people on this thread: Usually when does the I-130 application get approved? Is it gonna be the same day when we do the interview? or it gets approved beforehand?

Thanks!

A quick question for people on this thread: Usually when does the I-130 application get approved? Is it gonna be the same day when we do the interview? or it gets approved beforehand?

Thanks!

If called in for an Interview I-130 & I-485 are approved at the same time.

I have a question for those who received their AOS interview letter. Did you have any attachment with the I-797C ?

I personally had a "Notice to Applicant" who detailed the documentation that should be brought for the interview in case of previous arrest and/or detention ...