MAY 2001 thread for I-485 Mailers to CSC (from 11/16/2001)

How much longer after Fingerprints are collected for review?

Does anyone know how long it is taking recent approvals, from the time of FingerPrinting?

Spoke with Office right now

FP done on 11/3 and AVM message " FP collected on 11/16 and pending reveiw.

She told me that they are waiting for the Background check report from FBI and once they get it the file will sit for 3-4 months before being assigned to an adjucate...officer.....and it gets the approval...

Does it works like this.....earlier before 4/15 cases were geting approved within months time from FP....
Only INS knows how they work????

RD 5/21 ND 7/23

Thanks

think you got to a not too good officer

They do give vague answers i suppose. I wonder why is it taking such a long time for a back ground check?

I don\'t get this !

I have a understanding that when ur AVM says "FP collected, pending reiview", that means FBI has already cleared your Finger Prints.
Normally when FBI sends the Finger Prints to INS, it sends the FP report too and that report says if FP are OK or not.

IF Finger Prints are not ok, then either INS can issue re do notice or deny the application (in case of criminal background)

Is that true or not ??

From your description, it sounds like INS collects the FingerPrints then waits for FBI to report the background checks !! I don\'t think it is true !!

Anybody has any ideas about what is the exact process !!
Please post !!

thanks

I wondered the same thing. Is it because...

of moving several times. Then they need background check from local authorities of all the places you lived in. I have moved a few times in the last 5 years. They need Agency checks from possibly 3 diferent agencies.
1) FBI check
2) CIA check - This is requested early in your process so should not be an issue.
3) Consulate check - They send your 325 biographic info form early in your process to a consulate abroad if you have applied for a non-immigrant visa in the last 1 year. Apparently Consulates routinely destroy records after 1 year so no consulate check if your last visa application is over 1 year old. My wife applied for an H4 visa less than a year ago so her case will go for consulate check. Since ours is a family pack my case will wait on hers.
On the other hand, INS waits for 60 days for a response from the agencies and then moves forward with the case. So, the background check should be a maximum of 60 days delay.

what Dee Rod has explained is correct.

when u call FBI after doing ur FP and FBI says it has sent it back to INS, it just indicates whether ur FP was ok or not and if there is a record with them. but the actual background check report takes sometime. if FP is not OK, INS issues a redo. if OK, INS waits for the report from FBI and also from CIA and if needed consulate. again, like Dee Rod mentioned, the wait for CIA and consulate reports is max 60 days.

The IIo was able to pull my A# from my EAD WAC-01-240-xxxx

Initially I gave my WAC-01-240-xxxx for the EAD and then I asked if she can tell me about my I485 also she said yes. She asked if my A# was Axxxxxxx to which I said yes......
It implies from your H1, EAD or any other document they can retrieve anything.....so there is nothing as system 1 or system 2.?????

Any comments...

S.Singh , u r 100% correct. See my other msg, thread written very clearly

S.Singh , u r 100% correct. See my other msg, thread written very clearly

The FP AVM messages.

Guys, The AVM that you are checking for FP. is this via the I 485 WAC number or there another WAC number for FP?
The FP notice that I got was kept by the people at the FP notice.

-rrrash

Did he/she say anything about FBI background checks ??

Does \'quality good\' mean all Background checks are done ??

any ideas ?

How long did it take u get to the IIO.

thanks

No Title

No . She just said the quality is ok. It took me 10 mins after I got connected . The tricky part is getting a connection. It took me 1/2 hour to get the connection.