max time allowed on H1 after transfer

sam2007

Registered Users (C)
I am working on H1 through a Company A. My query is if i apply for h1 transfer from company B, after my H1 transfer thru company B is approved, for how many days can i work for my present company A. can i work for 3 months with employer A and join company B after 3 months.

also, after 1 month of my h1 transfer , if i want to tranfer h1 to company C, shud i give i797 of company A or i797 of company B. if i give i797 of company B, can i gve paystubs of company A since I am still working with company A.

pls reply. thanx in advance.

I am working on H1 through a Company A.
My query is if i apply for h1 transfer from company B, after my H1 transfer thru company B is approved, for how many days can i work for my present company A.
can i work for 3 months with employer A and join company B after 3 months.
-----------------------YES (if A dont revoke your H1 petition by writing to USCIS)
also, after 1 month of my h1 transfer , if i want to tranfer h1 to company C, shud i give i797 of company A or i797 of company B.
---------------------Approval notice of B if you are working with B and Pay stub of B. if working with A then Copy of A Pay stubs and A approval notice copy.

if i give i797 of company B, can i gve paystubs of company A since I am still working with company A.
-----------------why give the copy of B approval notice if you are not working with B and dont have pay stub through B?
pls reply. thanx in advance.
-------------

I have a question regarding this, not my problem but just curious.

If employer A does not revoke petition and transfer petition to B is also approved, does that mean the person has two H1 jobs simultaneously?
In such a case, is it mandatory to work for both employers and not being paid by either one makes you out of status?

No, to work for 2 employers simultaneously, H1 petition must be filed in a way that allows concurrent employment.

So after transfer petition to B is approved you have to work for B and not A right?
One CAN work for employer A if employer A petition is valid and Employer A has not revoked H1 petition by writing to USCIS.