Massive LUD today at CSC

dragonhead

Registered Users (C)
I just noticed LUD of >50% cases have been changed to 8/15/06 with no actual change of content. A sign of some kind of computer system upgrade?

At first I was thinking the same thing, then I realized cases that do not receive a LUD are those who already got approved (or rejected? not sure, but there are few exceptions). Some of the LUD cases do have content changes, but only outdated one, e.g. change from "received" to "FP received on 11/15/05".

So I give up the hope of escaping NC trap. It is most likely just a computer system upgrade.

mogambo2495 said:
I was wondering that too. I have LUD today. Does this mean my name check is cleared?

Yes, my family members and I got LUD on the pending 485 today, not the approved 140. Last week I applied for EAD for my wife and CIS cashed the check yesterday. Does this trigger the LUD on all 485? I doubt this. Anyone can explain this? I was informed our NCs were cleared by calling 1800, but not confirmed yet by the congressman. And my PD will be current next month. They may start looking into my case to see if it is ready for approval or RFE.

me 2

LUDs on my and wife's pending 485 as well. BTW, also got letter from congressmand confirming pending FBI name check since Jan'05 sic..

xyr888 said:
Yes, my family members and I got LUD on the pending 485 today, not the approved 140. Last week I applied for EAD for my wife and CIS cashed the check yesterday. Does this trigger the LUD on all 485? I doubt this. Anyone can explain this? I was informed our NCs were cleared by calling 1800, but not confirmed yet by the congressman. And my PD will be current next month. They may start looking into my case to see if it is ready for approval or RFE.

My family got LUD today with no message change on pending I-485. I did not get any LUD on my pending I-1485 though.

I believe that LUDs could be because of our H1/H4 extension applications.

PD: Dec 2000 CA EB3
I-140 AD: Feb 2006
485 ND: Mar 2006, LUD: Jun 16 2006, Jun 17 2006, Aug 15 2006(family)
EAD/AP AD: Apr 2006
FP: Jun 2006

Me too

dragonhead said:
I just noticed LUD of >50% cases have been changed to 8/15/06 with no actual change of content. A sign of some kind of computer system upgrade?

on both spouse and my I-485 cases.

dont have false hopes..

mine changed as well.. i am pretty sure this is a systemwide update that CSC did, and nothing related to any particular case.. dont have false hopes..

I'm monitoring 22 cases around my application date. There are 11 case got LUD on 8/15, including 3 my family cases. No message chage. That been said, 50% I-485 got this LUD, in my scope.:rolleyes:

"We see the light in tunnel. But not sure it's the end of tunnel or coming train".

I think these LUDs are for the I-485 with approved I-140. my I-140 is not approved yet!!!!! and I have not received LUD on my I-485s.

This makes sense. There was a rumor that the CIS is speeding up processing adjucatable cases, or NC-cleared cases. So maybe today is the day they are sorting out these cases. I guess it makes no difference to NC prisoners like myself but if it is true the visa number will run out very quickly and we probably will be in the loop of NC - retrogression - NC again.

azamani123 said:
I think these LUDs are for the I-485 with approved I-140. my I-140 is not approved yet!!!!! and I have not received LUD on my I-485s.

dragonhead said:
This makes sense. There was a rumor that the CIS is speeding up processing adjucatable cases, or NC-cleared cases. So maybe today is the day they are sorting out these cases. I guess it makes no difference to NC prisoners like myself but if it is true the visa number will run out very quickly and we probably will be in the loop of NC - retrogression - NC again.
That may not be true. I have approved I-140 but my I-485 did not get any LUD today. My family cases got LUDs though.

485 ND: Mar 2006, LUD: Jun 16 2006, Jun 17 2006, Aug 15, 2006 (family only).
Biometrics: Jun 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
I got LUD change on all I-485 cases. There was no change in the message. Till Aug 3rd my Name Check was still pending.

azamani123 said:

My guess is CSC might be transferring all I-140 approved but I-485 pending cases to Texas (or someother) center now.

Apparently today when i called CSC 1800 number for some reason it was not able to retrieve my I-485 status due to some technical difficulties.

ltiger said:
I got LUD for my 485 cases too.
My PD is current, I did 2nd FP last week.
cross my finger.
I hope good news too but at the same time I am very much skeptical about this massive LUDs. It looks to me more like a system wide upgrade or it may well be just a scan to collect statistics.

485 ND: Mar 2006, LUD: Jun 16 2006, Jun 17 2006, Aug 15, 2006 (family only).
Biometrics: Jun 2006

I knew something was wrong...

The moment I saw an LUD on my I-485 (on my wife's too), I immediately thought there should be something wrong :)

Me getting LUD... huh... is that a joke :D

Anyway... there could be many reasons...
- my name check got cleared
- my case got transferred to some other processing centers
- there was a systemwide report or something

But, deep down the heart I know it is not something exciting as it seems... there is nothing exciting about GC processing... even when it comes you will not be excited... because by that time you might have been dead or at least lost interest in that :)

My head is under a see-saw... :D