Massive LUD today at CSC

UB:

I did not do anything special to get my NC cleared. But I did call Senator’s office around Nov’05 requesting them to inquire about my NC status with FBI. After sending them the signed Privacy Release Form, they called me back in two weeks and told me that my NC was still pending and they can neither expedite the process nor make further inquiries for six months. I never bothered to check the status again with them, but surprisingly in the second week of July '06, I was left a VM on my phone by Senator’s rep, telling me that my NC got cleared in the first week of July ’06.

I am not sure whether they helped to expedite the process or not, but for sure they were supportive.

Good Luck!

EB1UB said:
Hi eb3Ind,
How did you get your NC cleared from FBI? Please Advise . My husband and I both are stuck in FBI since Feb, 2005.

Thanks!
UB

eb3Ind said:
UB:

I did not do anything special to get my NC cleared. But I did call Senator’s office around Nov’05 requesting them to inquire about my NC status with FBI. After sending them the signed Privacy Release Form, they called me back in two weeks and told me that my NC was still pending and they can neither expedite the process nor make further inquiries for six months. I never bothered to check the status again with them, but surprisingly in the second week of July '06, I was left a VM on my phone by Senator’s rep, telling me that my NC got cleared in the first week of July ’06.

I am not sure whether they helped to expedite the process or not, but for sure they were supportive.

Good Luck!

Hi EB3 1
Your Nc clearance is same as mine. I did get the LUDs as you got and I was hoping the case moves forward.

have your recd the new fingerprints notice?

Pandee

HaraKad said:
Congrats! Hope this brings in good news for all of us...
Thanks everyone!
I received the 485 Approvals yesterday in the mail. I had WAC numbers mixed up in my mind and so far I had been thinking that my wife and chilld got approved only. Actually my case was approved alongwith my child. My wife's case is still pending. I will wait for a few more days before taking any other step.
I got another LUD on Friday 18 and the message changed to "cards mailed".

PD: Dec 2000 EB3 RIR CA
I-140 AD: Feb 2006
I-485 ND: Mar 2006.
Biometrics: Jun 2006
LUD: Jun 16,17 2006, Aug 15,17,18,19 2006
AD: Aug 15 2006 :D

When is the right time to call NSC for inquiry?

According to september 2006 Visa Bulletin my visa number will be available by then because my priority date is Nov. 2001. Should I wait till Sept. 1 to call for an inquiry of status? call should I call after september if my case is still not approved. :confused:

HaraKad said:
In that case LUD change has to be uniform across all service centers and I dont see that....bseides y r they updating only old cases :confused:
I saw massive LUDs changes in VSC-JUL, then in CSC and NSC-AUG. Only TSC didn`t show up. This things we have to pay atention, without worries. :cool:

Just came back from Infopass, my FBI name check is still pending so LUD on 8/15 does not indicate any positive development for cases stuck in Name check.

Happy long weekend.

Online message didnt update properly??

2muchwait said:
Good news! I received approvals emails for my family. Their LUD also changed today.
My case still has old LUD and status shows pending.
It is very much possible that the online status is not updated properly. I know some cases where the case was approved a few months ago and online status still shows pending.
I will be waiting for paper mail in next few days.

Thanks.

PD: Dec 2000 CA EB3
I-140 AD: Feb 2006
485 ND: Mar 2006, LUD: Jun 16 2006, Jun 17 2006,
Family( LUD: Aug 15, 2006, Aug 17, 2006. Approved Aug 15,2006)
EAD/AP AD: Apr 2006
Biometrics: Jun 2006

Hi 2muchwaiting,

I saw your message today and I was wondering you heard from some of your friends said the online messge didnt update properly? My case got transferred from CSC to TSC and on 8/24, i received email said my CASE was approved and yesterday I received the approval notice in mail. BUT, for online my 140 is still pending and My laywer didnt receive 140 notice in mail as well. That's very weird but without 140 approval, there is no way for USCIS to approve 485. Have you heard anything like this before??? My lawyer told me to wait for the card to arrive first. Your input will be greatly apprecaited.

Approooooooooooooooooooooooooved!!!

Got approval email today, and end of a long journey.

filed 140/485 in 12/2004, substitute LC, PD 10/2001, EB2
NC pending since then.
wrote letters to white house, congresswoman, senators, FBI.
NC completed in 06/2006, acoording to a call from congresswoman's office.
changed job, and filed AC21 in 07/2006
new FP in 08/2006
485 approved 09/2006

File Writ of Mandamus

For people who have been stuck in name checks for more than 1 year, you should sincerely consider filing Writ of Mandamus by Pro Se (by yourself). I was stuck in name check since April, 2005 and filed Writ of Mandamus early August and my I485 got approved early this week. So far that is the only way that in 99% cases will help clear your name check.

To file Writ of Mandamus by Pro Se, check this very helpful and great link:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1503600&highlight=writ+mandamus#post1503600
It might look intimating at first but actually people have contributed so much information there that you know exactly what you should do on each step. It only took me three nights to prepare the documents and filed them.

will_get_there1 said:
Just came back from Infopass, my FBI name check is still pending so LUD on 8/15 does not indicate any positive development for cases stuck in Name check.

Happy long weekend.

Congratulations!

If you remember, can you share your LUD pattern?

ltiger said:
Got approval email today, and end of a long journey.

filed 140/485 in 12/2004, substitute LC, PD 10/2001, EB2
NC pending since then.
wrote letters to white house, congresswoman, senators, FBI.
NC completed in 06/2006, acoording to a call from congresswoman's office.
changed job, and filed AC21 in 07/2006
new FP in 08/2006
485 approved 09/2006

eb3Ind said:
Congratulations!

I have similar pattern of I-485 LUDs. We did our FP in March 2005 but never received second FP notice (Should be in June, 2006). My PD is current since May. Did you ever received notice for 2FP?
UB

Last edited by a moderator:
I got LUD on 08/15, 08/16, with no message change

I sent an email to CSC yesterday, and got approval today. I am not sure
if any connection.

eb3Ind said:
Congratulations!

No. I haven't received 2nd FP yet. My PD is also current and NC got cleared in July'06. I received response from uscis a month ago that the processing would be done in 30 days. But nothing happened so far :confused:

EB1UB said:
I have similar pattern of I-485 LUDs. We did our FP in March 2005 but never received second FP notice (Should be in June, 2006). My PD is current since May. Did you ever received notice for 2FP?
UB

Hi Eb3 Ind

I am in same situation as you. check my signature. I am wondering if it will help to call USCIS for new fingerprints?

pandee
EB1 RD april 2005
Fp1 (code 3) : may 2005
LUD: 7/27,8/10;8/15;8/16
name check cleared: july 6th, 2006
Enquiry from USCIS response aug 10, 2006, final adjudication give 30-45 days.
Awaiting new fingerprints.

My attorney is planning to make another inquiry this week. Waiting to see what uscis says this time!
'll share with you when I get an update.

pandee said:
Hi Eb3 Ind

I am in same situation as you. check my signature. I am wondering if it will help to call USCIS for new fingerprints?

pandee
EB1 RD april 2005

Thanks eb3Ind for your response. I checked my status by calling 1-800 number and the automated system could not retrieve my case status. Same situation with my husband. Both of us had LUD on 8/24. There was no LUD for my son after 8/16 and his status is still available. Does it make some sense? Our online status still have old message. Although other people with LUD on 8/24 have similar experience but I was wondering why my son still has his status available??.

eb3Ind said:
No. I haven't received 2nd FP yet. My PD is also current and NC got cleared in July'06. I received response from uscis a month ago that the processing would be done in 30 days. But nothing happened so far :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
same situation

I am in the same situation as you. When I called the 1-800 number, it said that case# provided cannot be found. How could that be when I can retrieve the case status on the USCIS website?

EB1UB said:
Thanks eb3Ind for your response. I checked my status by calling 1-800 number and the automated system could not retrieve my case status. Same situation with my husband. Both of us had LUD on 8/24. There was no LUD for my son after 8/16 and his status is still available. Does it make some sense? Our online status still have old message. Although other people with LUD on 8/24 have similar experience but I was wondering why my son still has his status available??.

Lud

Just found this on their website. My family's last update date got changed without changes to the content. And i didn't receive any emails from their website regarding this LUD changes.
Note on "Last Updated" date:
Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email Notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message.

pandee said:
Hi Eb3 Ind

pandee
EB1 RD april 2005
How do you know about the name check cleared?. Did you receive any mail from them?