Maryland Transfer: Please share your interview experience

Congratulations ws1011!!!!

Congratulations ws1011!!!! Hope your wife's case also gets approved soon.

That is very special for my spouse. If you guys don't have any trouble before, nothing to worry about.

INS has Sense

To all, :)

Today Me, My Wife and Kid were approved and our passports were stamped. Officer "B" was a young man. We were in his office for 20 Mins. No issues at all. Went smooth as it can be.

He asked original certificates for Marriage Certificate, Name Change after marriage, Latest W2's and Birth Certificates.

He did not asked for any pay stubs or any 140/750 or company related info. My 2001 W2's were enough to keep him shut.

Here are some tips.

1. Make sure that you have all original documents at your finger tips. you should be able to pull out any document as soon as your officer he or she asks for it. use index tabs and files.

2. Make sure that you have copies of originals handy. In my case, we were missing copy of a document. He was nice enough to give me back the original copy after taking a photo copy.

3. Make sure that you are not in jeans or shorts. use appropriate attire. Tie would be a good choice.

Questions most welcome.....

Last but not least, Best Luck for all fellow Transferees.

Cheers
Sensible
:D

Hi 485NoHope,
I'm a Nov filer and from MD but not yet transfered to Baltimore INS. Here is my details:

RD 11/3/01
ND 12/6/01
FP 05/28/02
AD ??

Hi Sensible,
Also hearty Congrats to Sensible. Wish you all the best and thanks for all the tips. Now we are all waiting others to update their interviews.
:)

Congrats ws1011, sensible and american gujju

Wish all you folks and your families all the best

Congrats to all of you - ws1011, sensible and american gujju

Was any of your I-140 approved for CP ?

I just wanted to know if that made any difference at all.

Thanks,
teleks

congratulations!!!

ws1011, sensible and american gujju! i'm happy for you all.

surprised that they stamp the passport right away. but it's great! it means we all have hope to get approved during interview, no more waiting is the best thing. well, have to wait for the interview notice first.

March 2002 case transferred to local office

Not mine but a colleague's case has been transferred to local office in aug.
ND:March-april 2002
FP:May 2002
EB1EA
State: MD

Congratulations American gujju

American gujju,

Congratulations to you and your family!!!!

Hey Guys,

Finally got stamping for me, my wife and son at Baltimore an hour ago. The lady officer is so kind and she only ask for the current employer letter, recent paychecks and 3 years W2/Tax returns. I change my employment at 485 stage but no question about it.

The officers are very very cooperative and friendly, so don't get nervous about the interview.

Will post more details tonight.

Thanks for all the guys who posted their experiences in this forum which gives us morale.

Any questions, post here. I will regularly watch this forum for a while and will answer.

God is with us. Good luck to all of you and it is going to be your turn to celebrate.

Sai55:)

Whoo.. hoooo. interview done.. Got stamped

Dear friends.,

Very happy to inform you that my and my wife case got approved.
The interview was very simple

The officer supposed to interview us was on leave today. They assigned our case to another officer, a young chap. He was soo friendly. He asked my passport,I94,Ap,EAD and he took the finger prints. He didnt ask anything about my employment letter. He did check my W-2 figures and asked me whether i am working for the same employer. Thats it. He didnt ask my Pay stubs or any salary information. GUYS DONT WORRY.. ITS SIMPLE.. DONT LOST UR SLEEP ON SALARY MATTER. U WILL BE JUST FINE.

Collect all the documents. It will give u confidence. But they will ask only the above mentioned ones.

Our interview got delayed for 1 1/2 hours. That was the long wait. Apart from that, it was a pleasant experience to downtown.

GUYS... UR days are nearing...

Start ur celebration from NOWON....

congrates to hhs and sai

see i told you guys they are very co-operative, they are there to issue approval. i havent seen anybody's case denied.

enjoy freedom i know how it feels.....................

zxmd

my case has been approved too

Dear all, my case has been approved too. Same as other guys, the interview was simple and smooth. Only employee letter, copy of pay check and tax return were asked. No any question for my husband at all. The officer is very experienced.

Good luck for all you guys!

Irene