Maryland Transfer: Please share your interview experience

If its not so personal,, please share info with us

I think that sometimes we do get lots of information by reading others situation, Case etc. I think that this forum has helped lot of us just by that...

Just my opinion

Successful Interview in Baltimore

On September 10, my husband and I got our interview. Everything went fine. The lady only asked for our IDs, I-94, EAD (we didn’t have AP), and prove of employment, so we gave her payment stubs, the employment letter and the financial report from the employer’s company. She verified our address (we moved 2 month ago) and our birth dates. She also asked the typical criminal questions, and after that she got our signatures and fingerprints. However, we had a little problem, my husband pictures (the pictures we submitted when we filed the I-485 application) weren’t acceptable, but the lady gave us the option to go to a nearby studio and get new ones while she stamp our passports. We did that and return to the INS building, gave the pictures to a lady in the window and she gave us our passport already stamped. :D

Congratulation..

Congratulation?

Thank you very much for sharing your interview experiences.
Do you have any idea about Affidavit of support for spouse?
Do I need to bring it for my spouse?

I don't think so

Yam;

I don't think they will ask for that. They even didn't ask for my marriage certificate!! The only thing they are concern about is the employment offer.

Thanks..

efmef

Thanks.

What should be in the employment offer letter? Is it enough, if they say currently I am working and I will be working with them after getting the GC also?
By any chance if I need, where is the nearby photo studio?

YAM

Got approved today ( 9/11 ) from Baltimore. A day never to forget when you got approved.

9:45 appointment, but I was called by 9:15 itself. All went for about 30 to 45 minutes.

Only one thing I was asked not in the checklist is photographs. I did not had it, but the officer said I could get it from outside immediately and hand it over to her. So do take 2 photographs with you in the same way you took for other filings. If you do wear glasses take the photos without

copies asked from the checklist. (remember, this is specific to me only)
EAD, Advance Parole, 3 years tax returns and W2, Employer letter, Employer Tax return and Finance statement. Make copies and keep it ready.

checked everything, all ok. Took my signature, finger print and stamped the passport.

In fact, my RD is Nov 8, 2001. It would have taken at least 2 to 3 months or more to get it approved from the VSC. This workload sharing with the district offices looks quick.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

Approved and Stamped.

Had interview and just came back. Approved and stamped!
No hassles and problems. As previously reported by others
it was cool.

Was asked Passport, EAD, drivers license,
employer letter, 2001 W2 copy and tax return,
AP. Took fingerprint, signed and stamped temp evidence.

Will post more details soon.

Congratulations ...

... to all the guys approved yesterday & today. Great news!

All the other guys, please do not forget to post to the Baltimore thread when you receive the interview date.

Re: If its not so personal,, please share info with us

Originally posted by sunny J.
I think that sometimes we do get lots of information by reading others situation, Case etc. I think that this forum has helped lot of us just by that...

Just my opinion

sorry for writing this here . Sometimes we meet people from hometown and in other cases, people want to ask questions to what the individual had done for his case which may not be unique. I wanted to preserve the character of this thread (MD transfers) and hence use pvt msg function. I am not a silent user and have contributed quite effectively to the NIW forum and to the 485 forum and will help others to the extent that I can. This forum has helped me and others and therefore I just wanted to preserve the individuality of each thread and not to digress from what the thread was started for. Hence used the pvt msg function. Sorry for any misunderstanding :)

did any of you

change job during 485 ?
If so, did u take your lawyer with you to explain the AC21 clause ?
Or , did u furnish any document explaining that you were allowed to change ur employer 'cos of AC21 ?
Please reply. Though Ihave not heard from INS anything yet on my case, I would like to prepare myself for the worse.

Thanks in advance

salary question

Say the salary on Labor is X
and Salary in employment offer letter is x or x + 5k
But recent pay stubs show x + 10k

Will the officer question me as to why the offer letter is stating something less than what I am getting right now ?

Is this a problem, should I ask revised employment offer letter from employer ?

Did any of the others who went for interview have such a situation ?

I always thought more is not a problem, but the employment offer letter with current date should not show less, right ?

May not be a biggy, but just in case somebody could confirm that they had a similar situation and it passed off smoothly, I can relax.

Thanks,
teleks

Mine same situation

My situation was similar and during my interview
the officer did not ask anything.
My salary in labor = X
and in I-140 petition page 2 or 3, they say salary "at least X"

The employment offer letter states
"my salary will be at least X"

Curent salary = X + Y

Current salary is never mentioned in the employment letter.
My lawyer gave me a template and I got it signed by
my manager.

The paystub ofcourse has X + Y.

I gave empl letter, paystubs to officer and he fled them
after going through them.

Pkala, Thank You for the detailed post

Pkala, Thank You for the detailed post.

One more question...

Do we need Bank statements and I-134 affidavit of support ?

Did you take it with you ?

teleks..

> Do we need Bank statements and I-134 affidavit of support ?

> Did you take it with you ?

Yes, I took bank statement and a I-134 affidavit of support.
The letter from baltimore is a bit vague. They say
Addidavit of support and 3 yr tax return if not already filed.
But every one takes tax returns.

I was contemplating whether to take a I-134 again or not.
I have the copy of one I submitted when I filed I-485.

But then I made a trip to my local bank and got the I-134
notarized. It is a 10 min job afterall.

The interview officer did not ask for the bank statement
or affidavit.

The interview letter states bona fide evidence of marriage like
joint bank statement, lease etc.

So I had carried the joint bank statement, lease agreement etc.