Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys

I think we are doomed. No hope for us for the next 2-3 years! It apperas MD SESA has stopped processing all cases, they are just busy opening cases so that they can show that they have so many cases currently pending. That way they dont have to send casse to BRC. Philly regional center has been converted into BRC. They will take up cases currently pending at Philly, followde by SF, and then other regional centres. That menas that they will first finish off all the cases pending at regional centers all around the country before taking up any new cases forwarded by MD SESA. And their proposed dead line to finish regional cases currently pending is Dec 2006 (and I bet it will be extended a few times). So if your MD SESA receipt date is June/July 2002 or after that, dont expect to get your labor certified by regional center anytime soon. I think we are looking at sometime in 2007, i.e. if we are lucky (if you can call yourself that :-(

Looking for Green Card?

If any one is looking to file Green Card with a genuine, reliable, very supportive and one of the fastest growing company with many branches then mail me at mohitFL@hotmail.com

I think we are doomed. No hope for us for the next 2-3 years! It apperas MD SESA has stopped processing all cases, they are just busy opening cases so that they can show that they have so many cases currently pending. That way they dont have to send casse to BRC. Philly regional center has been converted into BRC. They will take up cases currently pending at Philly, followde by SF, and then other regional centres. That menas that they will first finish off all the cases pending at regional centers all around the country before taking up any new cases forwarded by MD SESA. And their proposed dead line to finish regional cases currently pending is Dec 2006 (and I bet it will be extended a few times). So if your MD SESA receipt date is June/July 2002 or after that, dont expect to get your labor certified by regional center anytime soon. I think we are looking at sometime in 2007, i.e. if we are lucky (if you can call yourself that :-(

Yep, looks that way.

Effect of Employment Visa Numbers Retrogress!

:confused: Employment Visa Numbers Retrogress!
Dec 09, 2004

"As predicted, the Department of State (DOS) has announced that the Employment Based, 3rd Preference (EB3) visa numbers for India, mainland China, and the Philippines will retrogress on January 1, 2005. The EB3 numbers for nationals of the listed countries will retrogress to January 1, 2002. This means that, as of January 1, 2005, anyone who is the beneficiary of a labor certification (or I-140 if a labor certification was not required) in the EB3 category filed on or after January 1, 2002, will not be permitted to file the I-485 or have a consular interview for an immigrant visa until the numbers move beyond this date. The DOS has indicated that further retrogression may be possible in future months. For a detailed analysis of the implications of retrogression, see our Sep 24, 2004 article, Priority Dates May Retrogress <murthy.com/news/n_pridat.html>, available on MurthyDotCom. The DOS Visa Dates <murthy.com/visadate.html> are also available on MurthyDotCom."

if this is true,
What will be the impact of this on our GC processing?

Does ney one have idea on this? :confused:

MD processing

as of dec 13, 2004, MD SESA is processing May 28 2002 RIR cases...

also, i asked whether MD cases will be transferred to Philadelphia. the answer is yes. but she has no ideas when this is going to happen...

seems DOL issued Memo but MD SESA has no response at all. what a game.

can anybody confirm what i said?

thanks,
wiiw

Re: as of dec 13, 2004, MD SESA is processing May 28 2002 RIR cases...

How long did it take this time to get here?

If I remember right - Last time it took about 2/3 months to go about 2 weeks.

BTW, you can see mine is dated 2002 05 31 so another 4 days to go. Based on my calculations it should take another 5/6 months. Hey who says this goes by some logic. There is no logic here. There is no sense here. gosh! I need some help.

Cheers,

410-767-2053
410-767-2050

Everyone, please do not flood them with many calls. Otherwise, they are not going to pick up phone calls any more.

mdlbr20020531, could you please represent us to contact them and let us know the information in details?

Thanks,
wiiw

Md Sesa Progress

mdlbr20020531 said:
How long did it take this time to get here?

If I remember right - Last time it took about 2/3 months to go about 2 weeks.

BTW, you can see mine is dated 2002 05 31 so another 4 days to go. Based on my calculations it should take another 5/6 months. Hey who says this goes by some logic. There is no logic here. There is no sense here. gosh! I need some help.

Cheers,

to mdlbr20020531

mdlbr20020531, did you hear anything from your attorney or MD SESA? Seems you are the next in the queue.

Good luck.

mdlbr20020531 said:
Can you pass the phone number to contact MD SESA?

Thank you

Hi Guys,

Is there any delay in filing I-140&I-485 for EB3 category even after labor cleared based on the following news taken from sheela murthy site,(i.e.) should we wait for getting the visa allotment for filing I-485 even after clearing labor ? :

News :

As we were going to press with this week's MurthyBulletin, the U.S. Department of State (DOS), as predicted, announced that the Employment-Based, 3rd Preference (EB3) visa numbers for India, mainland China, and the Philippines will retrogress on January 1, 2005. The EB3 numbers for nationals of the listed countries will retrogress to January 1, 2002. This means that, as of January 1, 2005, anyone who is the beneficiary of a labor certification (or I-140 if a labor certification was not required) in the EB3 category filed on or after January 1, 2002, will not be permitted to file the I-485 or have a consular interview for an immigrant visa until the numbers move beyond this date. [For an explanation of Visa Dates, see our MurthyDotCom article

Just talked to Thomson on 410-767-2053.
She told me that she cannot discuss any labor certification question with me. She will answer only to employer or the attorney. However, she did mention that the date of processing for RIR is May 26th '02.
She was harse on govt for not providing the money for hiring people to do the work. She mentioned that in fact case is opposite. Not sure what she meant...Are they reducing people?

http://murthy.com/nflash/nf_121404.html
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has finally cleared its review of the PERM regulation. It contains the notation "Consistent with Change." Now that OMB has completed its review, the DOL must decide whether or when to publish PERM in the Federal Register so that it may be implemented effective from a certain date.

The PERM procedures cannot go into effect until the final regulation is published in the Federal Register. The DOL mentioned that they had changed the effective date for PERM from 120 days to only 60 days after its publication in the Federal Register.

Any idea..when DOL is goin to publish this rule in federal registers?

Update on PERM

http://www.gtlaw.com/practices/immigration/news/2004/12/14.htm
PERM Clears OMB Hurdle - Publication Likely by December 22, 2004
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB), which oversees regulatory policies for the Executive Branch, completed its review of the final PERM rule on Friday, December 10, 2004. This rule had been pending at the OMB since February 23, 2004. Upon completion of the final rule, the rule is forwarded for publication in the Federal Register. Greenberg Traurig has learned that publication is likely by December 22, 2004. It is anticipated that PERM will be effective 60 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register.

PERM is a Department of Labor initiative that is designed to fast-track qualified Applications for Alien Employment Certification, the first step to permanent residence through employment for many alien employees in the United States. The PERM program will drastically change the Labor Certification process by reducing current processing times for qualified applications, from as much as two to four years to as little as twenty one days. Greenberg Traurig has been actively involved in the PERM program since it was first proposed in May 2002. We will post further updates as information becomes available.

AbstractVision said:
Just talked to Thomson on 410-767-2053.
She told me that she cannot discuss any labor certification question with me. She will answer only to employer or the attorney. However, she did mention that the date of processing for RIR is May 26th '02.
She was harse on govt for not providing the money for hiring people to do the work. She mentioned that in fact case is opposite. Not sure what she meant...Are they reducing people?

Did she talk about BEC/BRC?!?!

RD How soon?

Hi Guys

New to Maryland SESA. Do they provide receipts? How long do they typically take to provide a RD - worried about it from a 7th year extension perspective.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Case filed at May 8 2002

Hi all,

My case was filled at May 8 2002 (the date of confirmation receipt). I've called my attorneys - they said what they receive no information from Maryland SESA. Does anybody have an idea how long it takes to move case from state level to federal level?
Last activity my attorney did is response to letter from the SESA regarding the prevailing wage.

Thanks for any response
alexs21

PERM Final Regulation Loosen Up Requirements

AILA has obtained and released the PERM final regulation today. It is a large document over 300 pages which requires time to correctly understand the details of the new system. We will try to post the summary as soon as possible. To our surprise, the final regulation is more lenient than the proposed regulation in most of the areas.
Predicted Federal Register Publishing Date: 12/27/2004 (Monday)
PERM Launch Date: 90 days from 12/27/2004. March 27, 2005
Processing Times: From 45 days to 60 days.
Conversion and Retention of Priority Date: Can convert pending labor certification application without losing priority date if refiled within 210 days from the date of withdrawal and the occupation is considered identical. Conversion of regular labor certification application to the new PERM application will not be available once the employer commenced recruitment process (job order) under the supervision of the state labor department.

PERM Conversion and Recruitment Campaign

For Indians, Chinese, and Philippines nationals, whose labor certification applications have been and will be pending on or before March 26, 2005, it is extremely important that they seek conversion without losing priority date because of the retrogression of the EB-3 visa numbers from January 1, 2005. It is very important that they understand the rule of conversion and the recruitment requirement so that they can initiate recruitment campaign as soon as possible and refile his/her case after March 27, 2005 under the PERM program. Accordingly, we will discuss here two subjects which are in a way time sensitive for the purpose of initiating the PERM recruitment process.
Conversion Rules: The PERM regulation allows the employers to withdraw the pending labor certification applications and refile a new application under the PERM system. Here the employers should keep in mind three points:
Once the pending application is withdrawn, the new labor certification must be filed within 210 days.
The new application must satisfy at least two conditions. One is that the new application should satisfy all the eligibility requirement for certification under the PERM regulation. Secondly, the new application should maintain "identical" job which was provided in the pending application. Here "identical" job means, the new labor certification should be the same for the following items:
Employer
Alien
Job Title
Job Location
Job Requirements
Job Description
However, the PERM regulation considers any accepted/approved amendments to the pending labor certification application up to the time of withdrawal to be "initial" application. Accordingly, should the employer need amendments to the pending applications for the purpose of a successful filing of the new application under the PERM regulation, the employer should seek promptly such amendment before the employer launches the recruitment campaign for filing of a PERM regulation. For instance, should the employer find some job requirements which may be considered unduly restrictive requirement, they should amend it before too late. The current labor certification regulation permits other amendments without losing priority date and without affecting the ongoing labor certification process. All the necessary amendments must be taken care of very quickly.
Recruitment Requirements: The PERM regulation preamble states that the effective date of the PERM regulation is set at 90 days rather than 60 days or any shorter period of time is to allow the employers time to engage in the PERM recruitment process before the regulation takes effect, March 27, 2005. Since the recruitment campaign should be performed during six months prior to filing of a PERM regulation, the employers have sufficient time to initiate the campaign now. The PERM regulation requires different level of recruitment depending on the level of occupations. The employers should strictly adhere to these requirements.
Nonprofessional Occupations: Nonprofessional occupation means the occupations that do not normally require a bachelor's degree. For these occupations, the PERM regulation requires only "mandatory" steps, which include:
Job Order with the state workforce agencies in the area of intended employment. The national bank search job order must remain at least for 30 days. The employer should collect the document showing starting date and ending date of the job order from the state agency.
Two Sunday Daily Newspaper Ads: The ads can be ordered consecutively immediately after the first ad. The PERM regulation removed the current practice of requiring 28-day interval between the two ads. Accordingly, the employer can place one ad next Sunday, for instance, and the second ad, the following Sunday. The second ad must be published at least 30 days prior to filing of the PERM application.
Professional Occupations: Unlike the nonprofessional occupations, the professional occupations requires "Additional Recruitment Steps" on top of the foregoing "mandatory steps." Professional occupations mean the occupations that require minimum of a bachelor or higher degree. These steps are as follows:
Mandatory Steps:
Job Order
Two (2) Sunday edition local newspaper ads. For the jobs that require a bachelor's degree without experience requirement, two newspaper ads are absolute requirements. However, those jobs that require either experience on top of a bachelor's degree or an advanced degree, the employer can combine one newspaper ad and one professional journal ad. For instance, in computer jobs, employer can place one ad in the local Sunday paper and one ad in the Computerworld.
Additional Recruitement Steps: On top of the mandatory recruitment campaign, the employers are also required to engage in at least three (3) additional campaigns out of the following 10 options. One of the three steps can be completed even less than 30 days prior to filing of the PERM application.
Job Fair: Ad or program should name the employer name.
Employer website: Dated copies of the ad page.
Job Search Websites: Dated copies of the ad page. The PERM accepts electronic version of advertisement by the newspapers that run the print ads under the foregoing mandatory step as a proper campaign to meet this additional recruitment step option. Accordingly, if the employer orders newspaper ad and the paper automatically carries the ad on the newspaper website because of the newspaper's company policy, one print ad will satisfy one additional recruitment requirement without paying any extra cost for electronic ad of the newspaper! Employer should print out such dated electronic ads.
On-Campus Placement Office: Collect a statement from the college and university placement office that it was posted with the name of the employer and date of interviews conducted.
Trade or Professional Organizations: Copies of pages of newsletters or trade journals of these organization carrying the employer ad.
Recruiters or Employment Agencies: Copy of contract with such firms and copy of the ad by such firms.
Employee Referral Program with Incentives: This was a very popular recruitment source when the economy was good. Some companies offered a car or expensive computer. Employer should keep dated copies of the employer notices or memos advertising such program to the employees with specifying incentives offered.
Campus Placement Offices: Copy of notice of job opportunity provided to the campus placement office.
Local and ethnic newspapers: Copy of the ad page.
Radio or TV Ads: Copy of the text of the ad along with a written confirmation by the radio or TV that it was aired.
Required Text of the Ads: The foregoing recruitment campaign must be conducted with a proper text. The PERM regulation requires the following in the ads:
Name of the employer
Statement directing applicatns to report or send resumes to the employer
Job description sufficiently specific to understand the job
Geographic location of the job
Wage does not have to be printed, but once the employer opts to advertise the wage, it must not be less than prevailing wage
Requirement or duties should match with the labor certification application to be filed.
Specific terms and conditions of employment does not have to be printed, but once the employer opts to advertise such information, it must not be less favorable than those offered to the alien.
PERM labor certification application does not require proof of the foregoing documentation at the time of filing. However, the Certifying Officer can ask such documentation or in the situation of the audit, the employer must make these documents available. Additionally, the employers are required to keep these evidence for five (5) years from the date of filing of the PERM application. It is thus critically important that the employers develop a good record keeping and management system inhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.