Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
checked voice messages

Checked 9/18 6p.m. : Voice messages still have 4/25; 4/26 :-(
Has anybody called them to talk? Please update..

Sol.

Absolutely Hopeless

Maryland SESA is THE WORST one. They are virtually non-exisentence. Every other state is ahead of them. Most of them have now processed 245I(RIR). It's taking them more than 3 months to process 26 th. Only the God knows how long will it take them to process 27 & 30.

Just Hopeless..................:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Come next year!

MD SESA says it will take many months to complete Apr 26 when inquired as to when they will start processing April 27.

The punch line was .... Come back next year to inquire about 27 ....!!!!

mdgc

I cannot believe this...
6 months total to complete 26th... The only hope I have is that they're telling us this to aviod calls and requests, but are moving slowly...

Can we ask our lawyers to call them for information?

Sol.

Ugly getting Uglier

I bealive they are still on 26. They don't care if it takes 2 yr or 4yr to process them a lc. They are just like another bureaucratic government office. Nobody asks them a quetion that why they are slow?? With this speed, they will take a whole year just to process april 30....Seriously!!

Re: Ugly getting Uglier

Originally posted by hangu
I bealive they are still on 26. They don't care if it takes 2 yr or 4yr to process them a lc. They are just like another bureaucratic government office. Nobody asks them a quetion that why they are slow?? With this speed, they will take a whole year just to process april 30....Seriously!!

:mad: Thats why we needed something like this, but the only problem is, who start it. I request immigration.com to look in this thread and see if they can do something........

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59430

actions??

RahulatDC,

I've read postings from URL provided. I'd wish we can focus on actions, not emotions, as we cannot affort being emotional agressive.

I'd support if anyone can start a letter, let's say, to MD congressman(-woman), explaining situation in MD SWA, pointing to VA SWA as an example, asking for funds to hire couple more workers and notifying that if nothing changes they're facing 2 years backlogs in processing.

Or.....or we can ask our lawyers to call them and ask as much and detail info as they can get (# or workers, # cases, estimetion)..

Sol.

Re: Come next year!

If this is really what the person working in MD SESA said, I would consider it an irresponsible
response from her and she is really not professional. By the way, could MDGC confirm who you talked to?

As someone posted around one month ago, he/she was
told by SESA that they still had 500 or more cases
before they can start April 27. I remember when I
called the lady on the main contact phone of MD
SESA, she told me they used to receive around
160 cases each month before April 2001, which means they received around 2,000 cases a year at that time. We should remember that it only took
around 6-9 months to get LC cleared at MD SESA level before April 2001, which means they were able to process more than 200 cases each month.

Therefore, if one month ago MD SESA had 500 cases before they they could start April 27, there should be around 300 cases or less left by now. They will be able to finish April 26 some time next month.

I encourage everyone here to be confident and let us wait till some time early October to find it out. I would certainly guess another 6 months for
April 27 and 30, but I do NOT believe that they need to start 27th until next year.

Originally posted by mdgc
MD SESA says it will take many months to complete Apr 26 when inquired as to when they will start processing April 27.

The punch line was .... Come back next year to inquire about 27 ....!!!!

mdgc

re: come next year

I do not know the name of the person, but the number called was 410-767-2058.

mdgc

re: come next year

I took a chance and called the same number again. She said there are approximately another 500 cases for Aug 26 and it will take 3 to 4 months to process.

Tallies with the 'come next year' !!

mdgc

Re: Typo in previous message!

MDGC,
So after more than one month they still have 500
cases?! I just double checked the previous posting
and found that the message one month ago
was also posted by you (about 500 cases before
they can start April 27). My impression is the lady or all of them there never know how many cases they really have for April 26. Maybe it is
better to wait and wait till some time October to see their progress. At least this lady is really
unprofessional and irresponsible in responding to questions.

The phone number with message on processing time
is (410)767-2050, the lady's name seems to be
Sherlander Myers. I do believe she is the person
in charge of GC labor certification.

Originally posted by mdgc
Should have been Apr 26 not Aug 26!! Sorry!

mdgc

RIR or non?

Are you MD guys talking about the april backlog in RIR or nonRIR?

Here in NJ, the Sesa phone message says they're processing April 19th for nonRIR and 30th for RIR.. The NJ tracker thread is dead already.

You guys are luckier than MD guys. at least your's is at apr 30. We've got about 6 months to get there. This post is dying too..as I see fewer and fewer post everyday. There isn't any new news.

just curious.......

Originally posted by hangu
You guys are luckier than MD guys. at least your's is at apr 30. We've got about 6 months to get there. This post is dying too..as I see fewer and fewer post everyday. There isn't any new news.

Hey hungu, its sad :(

Well I m just curious, CA has maximum numbers of Desi, chinese whose in line for GC, then why wouldnt 245i effected that bad in CA (they r processing Octorber Now) as it in MD, is this number of staff or number of application :confused:

LC - Any hope???

:mad:

my filing date is dec 21, 2001 and received acknowledgement
notice from SWA on Feb 25, 2002. My case is filed on EB3- Regular.

Any ideas why maryland processing is not moving.It's stuck in March and April for regular and RIR cases respectively.

Let's do something

It is time for us to organize together and do something!!

I sent emails to MD senators complaining the labor cert delays in MD before. Now I want to contact David Ghee (ghee@careernet.state.md.us). Looks he is the person in charge of forein labor cert in MD.

I noticed that lots of VA people fight for their LCs before. But looks MD guys are not very interested in this issue. What I want to say is that we can't wait and see. We need to do somehing because we have to fight for ourselves.

Sincerely hope more people could join with me.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Re: Let's do something

Originally posted by wiiw
It is time for us to organize together and do something!!

I sent emails to MD senators complaining the labor cert delays in MD before. Now I want to contact David Ghee (ghee@careernet.state.md.us). Looks he is the person in charge of forein labor cert in MD.

I noticed that lots of VA people fight for their LCs before. But looks MD guys are not very interested in this issue. What I want to say is that we can't wait and see. We need to do somehing because we have to fight for ourselves.

Sincerely hope more people could join with me.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

agree wiiw, my suggestion :

1. open a seperate thread with email id and fax numbers where we can contact Mr.Ghee
2. create a text so anyone can cut and paste for email or fax with their details.
3. Once someone send a mail or fax, put a entry in thread
4. if possible put a petition in petitiononline.com (if its help)

Yesterday I wrote a email to the lady there (ymilam@careernet.state.md.us) saying that if they don't have fund to hire new person then they shoud start charging a fee for certification.

I like Rahul's idea that creating text to email these guys and also may be to senators.

:cool:

Maryland SESA Labor

Hello Forum,

This is my first posting here.. I have been following the posts however.

I am one of those unfortunate guys stuck with Maryland SESA. Mine was filed June 2001 (RIR EB2.. )

Can we achieve anything in our capacity to expedite ? Will a petition through AILA help ?

Also can someone please get accurate information on how many cases are pending EB2 for April 2001? What is their current processing load per day ? What is the optimistic timeline for completing April 2001 ?

I tried to talk to someone there and heard there are six analysts working and have been assigned 500 cases each. That man could NOT tell the processing time for no.of cases/day and when the damn April load will be done..

Any info would be great to all of us !! Please keep the forum postings ongoing..

Status
Not open for further replies.