Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestions on my LC

Hi, folks,
I am in a dilemma here for my LC, and I hope
people here can provide some experiences
or suggestions in dealing with this situation.

The Labor Dept defines the Level I salary
for my occupation at $63,000 this year. which is really high that in my dept there is only my dept
director qualifies. Level II, however, is
only a little more than $33,000. My salary
showh on my LC forms was $35,000. Although I
got a little raise recently, it is still far far
more less than Level I. The point is, my position
is only at junior level and should be defined
at level II.

However, I heard a lot of cases returned for
further proof because SESA still thinks the salary
is low(even it is above Level II), and SESA will
assume that the person should be at Level I
with his/her degrees and education level. My dilemma is, I have multiple Master's degrees
with only the last degree matching my present
job, I hadn't had previous experiences in my
present career prior to my present job. Therefore,
I couldn't get so much raise with my low job position and little experiences.

Folks, do you think my salary is too low for
SESA to approve my labor certification? Any
suggestions?

Add my info to your tracking list

Please add my LC info into your tracking list

PD 2/8/02 (approximately), never know if there
is a receipt

How many more applications pending ?

Spoke to Maryland SESA a couple of minutes back. They have approximately another 500 appplications in RIR to be processed before they can take up Apr 27.

Any guesses on how many days it is going to take before they start Apr 27?

Mdgc

how many pending

Mdgc,

As far as i remember someone mentioned 500 cases as an estimated amount sesa can proceed in 1 month. Not sure, though.
Haven't you asked about amount of cases filed apr 27?

Sol.

40 cases per month

I did one more inquiry with SESA. They said they process approximately 40 cases per month. I guess this is per person and I remember that there were about 6 persons in Maryland SESA.

From this I am deriving that they process ~250 applications per month.

As all of us know, it is very difficult to get answers to all our questions from SESA, so guess work is the alternative!

Any comments on the number 250?

250 case / mo

I think 250 /mo is very low number, at this rate how can they process 10,000-15,000 april 01 application.. my opinion 40 case per day alltogther. (40 case / day 15000 cases = 375 work days :mad: . )

I guess they spend about 1 hour / application. so 6 people working (8 hrs - 1hrs lunch, chat ect) 7hrs will finish about 42 cases / day

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 250 case / mo

Originally posted by hangu
I think 250 /mo is very low number, at this rate how can they process 10,000-15,000 april 01 application..

Exactly mah thought man, Cant anybody supervise them, seems like they are not answerable to anyone.

Just curious why do they have so less staff, when they have that big of Numbers of applications :confused:

monthly rate rumors list

Mdgc, thanks for update!

I looked at our postings back in May and we were given processing rate of 180 cases per day; 6 people total.

Speaking of total amount of cases filed: Back in May we thought they had 6700 cases till Septemebr, which means 2 month of work. 2 month has passed since may. So I assume we don't have accurate info.

Don't know...

Sol.

Any body get most recent appval?

:D

Guys,

If any body get most recent approval on Maryland LC, please give us a date when you submitted your application. Appreciated.

smallriver.

MD SESA is currently processing 4/25-4/26/02,
my understanding is they will finish these two days by the end of September, and then start to
process 4/27. I would expect at least another
two months for 4/27 since it was close to the end
of April 01 and many people were trying to file
their applications at that time to meet the 245i deadline.

Therefore hopefully SESA will finish 4/27 by the
end of November. In case because of the Thanksgiving holidays, the finishing date could be postponed until sometime in December. If they still have a couple of people work over Christmas, the 4/30 processing can start at that time and hopefully ends sometime the end of March or April
next year(I expect huge cases filed on April 30, 2001). That is my prediction.

One optomistic thing that I believe in is, once they finish April 01, it should only take them 3-4 months to finish up a whole year's cases (May01-Apr 02), that had been their speed before they start April 01 cases.

Any of your h1 6-years period expires within 5 months you can ask your attonrny to send a letter to SESA. Sometimes they will consider to expedite the process.

any info??

Anybody has new info??? Any approval?? It's been a while we'v got any new information..

6/7 more months

I guess we can stop thinking about april 01 cases for at least 6/7 months. Us worrying won't get it done. May be in April 03 they will finish April 01 (could be longer than that):cool:

LC moved to april 26th

Hi

I just heared the voice message which said that SESA is processing applications on April 26th 2001. Looks like the lady whose voice mail is there is on vacation. Already this delay plus all these vacations . Never know when this wait is going to end

to keep this alive

Hey,
To keep topic alive.
Still processing 4/26 since Aug 14.
1 worker is on vacation till 9/16.
Any other news?

Sol.

Hey the lady is back from the vacation today!! hopefully we will hear progress soon (ie. processing 27th)

Status
Not open for further replies.