:mad: :mad:
at this rate they will take more than another year to finish april 01

:mad: :mad:

Re: Question & Answer

I called SESA (410-7672050) and the lady who
answered the phone is very nice. She checked with
other people and told me they need another month
for 4/26 and they will start 4/27 starting Dec 1,
2002. She said right now they could only concentrate on 4/26 and could not estimate how it
gonna take them to finish April 01. She does
express their need for support to get enough
funding from Federal Gov to hire more employees,
since state gov doesn't have money.

mdgd, your lc was filed on April 24, 2001 and
you should be able to hear about sth from them
next month(assume they received it on April 26).

Originally posted by mdgc
Mdgc: Good afternoon! When are you likely to start processing Apr 27 cases?

SESA: Probably January or February.

Mdgc: Thank You.:(

Mine is Apr 27, 2001

Thanks for obtaining the info from SESA on Apr 27, 2001 start date. My priority date is Apr 27. It is some relief to know that they will start on Dec 1, 2002.

Mdgc:)

Hello Fello long waitng quue memebers, how is every thing. I just came to know about this group. I one among you, my LC was filed by lawer some time during Aug 2001, EB2. Not sure where I stand today. I have gone throuh all the mails and get some clear picture. looks like long way to go.

I understand form your mails that by jan 2003, this April story will be over. Do you have any idea about May, June ... 2001 filing, were these like Apr :confused:

Thanks, rsiv

Originally posted by rsiv
Hello Fello long waitng quue memebers, how is every thing. I just came to know about this group. I one among you, my LC was filed by lawer some time during Aug 2001, EB2. Not sure where I stand today. I have gone throuh all the mails and get some clear picture. looks like long way to go.

I understand form your mails that by jan 2003, this April story will be over. Do you have any idea about May, June ... 2001 filing, were these like Apr :confused:

Thanks, rsiv

Welcome to the board, you've guessed it correct.. we have a long way to go, but this April story will not be end by jan 2003, my guess is July 2003 because we still have April 27, and 30 left and they will take long long time, but after that ie May, June 2001 should not take a long time because April was last month for 245i.

Hi
I was closely following this forum helplessely as my case is filed in march 2002. I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel but when are we going to see that .....:confused:

Umag,

I don't know... You see, we aren't quite optimistic as we don't have any good news to be optimistic about. My best shot for months coming is to give MD SESA a call on mothly basis to see where they are and post results. So far we had different prognoses - but all of them were wrong, so, I guess, everybody stopped guessing. So, let's try to stay together and post results of phone calls or any other events we think might be important.

Sol.

Thanks for your responces.

I understand that some one is trying to collect information to initiate a process of sending e-mails.

like this Can we do any other initiatives, any ideas ..!!

How about helping SESA as volunteer on any office worki not directly related to the processing ?

:D

Nice idea

Originally posted by rsiv
Thanks for your responces.

I understand that some one is trying to collect information to initiate a process of sending e-mails.

like this Can we do any other initiatives, any ideas ..!!

How about helping SESA as volunteer on any office worki not directly related to the processing ?

:D

Nice idea about sending volunteer, it could ba as an intern ;)

Can Kumar Barve help us.

Guyz, I dont know how much one indian in US legislative seats help us, but today I read this in newspaper and thought if we communicate with him, will he be any help of :confused: about slow processing in MD.
======
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/html/comp/articleshow?artid=27491444
Indian-Americans win US legislative seats
CHIDANAND RAJGHATTA

TIMES NEWS NETWORK [ WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 06, 2002 09:47:47 PM ]

WASHINGTON: Indian-Americans took some small steps towards political relevance in the United States, winning three seats to state legislative bodies and polling a significant number of votes in some two dozen contests they were involved in.

Satveer Chaudhury from Minnesota and Kumar Barve in Maryland retained their state legislative seats, while Swati Dandekar made her legislative debut in Iowa, according to preliminary results. All three ran under the Democratic banner.

Re: Can Kumar Barve help us.

Originally posted by RahulatDC

Satveer Chaudhury from Minnesota and Kumar Barve in Maryland retained their state legislative seats, while Swati Dandekar made her legislative debut in Iowa, according to preliminary results. All three ran under the Democratic banner.

Sounds like he was there before this election.
Certainly he might be able to raise voise if we write him(although the governor now is republican):mad:

All this backlog in Maryland is mostly because of budget deficit that they can't fund another employer at SESA office.
We certainly should contact him and try to get things back on track:D

Re: Re: Can Kumar Barve help us.

Originally posted by hangu
Sounds like he was there before this election.
Certainly he might be able to raise voise if we write him(although the governor now is republican):mad:

All this backlog in Maryland is mostly because of budget deficit that they can't fund another employer at SESA office.
We certainly should contact him and try to get things back on track:D

We didnt know he was there before this news item, not sure whether he can help it or not, just wanted to give it a try, seems like MD is wrost state in state processing, even wrost then NY, CA :mad:

Good to see Rajiv is escalating this issue to US DOL. I have also mailed one request letter to ISN.org.

I remember this organization isn.org, played a big role in lobbying efforts on H1 b related law changes. I am not sure how much active this organization is now... but there is nothing wrong in trying possibilities. Please send an e-mail to president@isn.org.

Keep trying ... don't loose hope. I am sure at some point we will make things moving .....

If any one of you are good at drafting a letter or if you already have a copy sent to some one, please post it and we can mails it in all possible ways.

Thanks,

2002 processing dates...

As of 11/11 (november 11) :

April 16 - 03/05 (march 5)
April 17 - 03/17 (march 17)
April 18 - 03/20 (march 20)
April 19/20 - 03/29 (march 29)
April 23 - 05/02 (may 2)
April 24 - 07/02 (july 2)
April 25/26 - 08/08 (august 8)

MD SWA is working on april 26 during 3 months, and, per phone conversation, isn't expecting to be done with april 26 until January 2003.

No good news, sorry.

Sol.

I guess this can't hurt

(I send a letter to the Governor, I don't know whether he will read it or not..I did it anyway just in case. ):D

Dear Governor Ehrlich

First of all let me congratulate on your historic win on Maryland governor's race. I am writing this letter to inform you about the problem legal aliens are facing in Maryland. This is about exceptionally lengthy processing time at Maryland Labor Certification Office.

As you may be aware of Immigration and Nationality Act, section 245i, which allowed all the illegal aliens apply for a green card by paying a fee. This act has created a serious backlog in processing labor certification in Maryland. They have received tremendous amount of application on April 2001 which was the deadline for application under section 245i. As of November 2002 they are still working on cases filed during April 2001 and according to the employees at labor certification office, it may take more than another year and half to finish processing April 2001 cases. Maryland is only one of the few states which are still working on April 2001 cases. Most of the other states have finished processing cases filed under 245i. The states which finished 245i filing did it by hiring extra workers in labor certification office.

Labor certification is only a part of series of processes to get green card. In past a labor certification process used to take about 4 /5 months, but at this rate of processing people will be waiting close to three years just for labor certification.

Is it a justice that the benefits illegal aliens are getting is at the cost of legal law abiding taxpayer aliens??

Sincerely
me(pessimistic):D

New kid in town

Hi fellow MD long waiting folks,

Let me join your race.

I filled my application last November 28,2001.
Date of receipt was on Feb 9, 2002.

Could you please add me into your list .....

Leo

New kid in town

Hi fellow MD long waiting folks,

Let me join your race.

I filed my application last November 28,2001.
Date of receipt was on Feb 9, 2002.

Could you please add me into your list .....

Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.