Marrying a US citizen before deportation

lucy1988

Im on 2 yrs temp. green card and awating to get my permanent one. Im getting this through my dad who got this by marrying a us citizen but the marriage is a sham. Most likely we will get denied for the permanent green card n face deportation. We have not heard anything yet. Im also about to get married to my girlfriend of 4 yrs almost. We live together n love e/o. She is a US citizen. If i marry her before we heard from immigration to get deported, can i still remain in the US. if yes, will i be penalized for what my dad did?

How do you know your fathers marriage is a sham? Is this a fact or do just have suspicions? If your Dad gets denied you will lose your green card too. If I was you I would get married to my girlfriend and wait on the USCIS to decide your fathers case. If case is denied then I would file with my now wife.

Get married, but document everything (shared bank accounts, leases, tax returns, other bills). If you lose your GC due to your dad's marriage being a sham, they will look closely at your marriage for certain. And don't get married if you're not in love. ;)

Im on 2 yrs temp. green card and awating to get my permanent one. Im getting this through my dad who got this by marrying a us citizen but the marriage is a sham. Most likely we will get denied for the permanent green card n face deportation. We have not heard anything yet. Im also about to get married to my girlfriend of 4 yrs almost. We live together n love e/o. She is a US citizen. If i marry her before we heard from immigration to get deported, can i still remain in the US. if yes, will i be penalized for what my dad did?
if you married your girlfriend its a good thing but you have to prove to the uscis that your marriage is real buy wedding pictures ,emails,travel pictures ,joint account,filing taxes together,bills,both of you live on the same apartement,and if you love your wife your safe.

The best thing to do, if you go to immigration court is to ask for voluntary departure, pay a fee, leave the US on your own and have your girlfriend file a I-129F for you. Once approved, you can return to the US and get married. If you have no criminal record, get the V\D shouldn't be a problem.

1. It's much easier practically and personally to adjust status while in the US than from your home country (for one thing, you'd not be living in the same nation as your girlfriend!)
2. You should never marry in order to stay in the US.