married to us citizen

my son was on h1 when he got married in 2008 to a us citizen and she applied for his green card in 2009, they had a child this year, both of them an argument and she attempted to hit my son and in self defense he pushed her, she called the cops and he was jailed, the next day she bailed him out and now they live together
I am worried his case in may,he has appointed an attorney,
will it effect his permanent card which is in proccess,
she says she will drop the case, will the case be dismissed,
will this affect his immigration
Please advise

Conditional green cards are in fact the type of green cards offered to applicants who marry a US citizen. Conditional green cards are designed to provide conditional permanent residency in order to help discourage sham or fake weddings undertaken only to get a green card the easy way.

Holders of a conditional green card may be given a resident card with an I-551 stamp on it, indicating when the conditional green card will expire – two years from the date of issue.

About 90 days before the expiry date on a conditional green card, the applicant is responsible for filing USCIS form I-751 (Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence) or USCIS form I-829 (Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions).

If your son has the citizenship of united states then his his wife got the automatically us citizenship.
But now a days due to the terrorism incidents the us laws for the immigration are going to be much strike.