Married after GC filed by brother. When to spouse / childern?

logicators

Registered Users (C)
My sister's husband's brother applied a family based petition for him with a preiority date of Feb 1996. The application is still pending as a visa number is not available (2.5 years behind).

He was not married when the petition was filed and married my sister in 1997. Now they have 2 daughters and the pending petition still says that he is single. My question is: When should he add his family to the process. Now or when a visa number is available and they process his case. Any risks or implications?

logicators said:
My sister's husband's brother applied a family based petition for him with a preiority date of Feb 1996. The application is still pending as a visa number is not available (2.5 years behind).

He was not married when the petition was filed and married my sister in 1997. Now they have 2 daughters and the pending petition still says that he is single. My question is: When should he add his family to the process. Now or when a visa number is available and they process his case. Any risks or implications?

Brother/Brother IVth category. your Priority Date Feb 1996. (Current for Philipines 1982, Mexico 1993, India Oct 92, all other countries, Jul 93).

If I 130 is approved, you can write to NVC to include your sister and their daughters any time.

However current scenario it may take 8 to 10 years, before they get their Green Card.