Marriage under 18 is that recocnized by U.S Law?

jjay09

Registered Users (C)
hi does u.s law recocnize foreing marriage that took place when girl was 17 n half? or 17? my cousin is going to be marrying a girl who is 17 and he is u.s citizen so he wants to sponsor her when he submit the document to uscis she will be 17 still that time so will that be problem? but yea it is accepted in her home country that marruiage under 18, will uscis accepts this too?

need some helpful advice my friends.

Marriage is a state level issue in the U.S and is dictated by State law. For the purposes of immigration as long as you can get a valid marriage certificate from the native country government authority that should be sufficient.

so ur saying that whenever he is going to marry her, all he need is a marriage certificate showing that marriage took place between both partners!, so the age is not a big matter that she will be under 18 when the marriage took place? i really dono if embassy will accept this marriage certificate when he will bring his wife becoz it will show her age as under 18 at the time of marriage :(

thanks buddy

As long as the marriage is legally recognised in the jurisdiction where it took place, it will be recognised in the US.

so ur saying that whenever he is going to marry her, all he need is a marriage certificate showing that marriage took place between both partners!