• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Marriage after visa issued

Nepalii

I want to get married with my girlfriend before i leave for usa...does that effect anything and what should i do after i reach over there for her futher processing..sort me out...im unknown to that..

I want to get married with my girlfriend before i leave for usa...does that effect anything and what should i do after i reach over there for her futher processing..sort me out...im unknown to that..

You should have got married before the interview but too late now... Contact the embassy because there may be a way you can get a visa for her after marriage if you have not yet entered the US. I have seen people talking about this but not sure of the details. And you would have to get her an interview before Sept 30.
Otherwise you face a long expensive process to petition for her after you have arrived there.

Yep, technically one is allowed to contact the applicable US embassy and request a visa for a spouse if the person gets married after their visa has been issued and before they enter the US for the first time. However in DV cases, and especially towards the end of the FY, I highly doubt the success of that approach. The most cost effective of getting a visa for a spouse is getting married and adding the spouse before the interview.

Hi, all friends

I have some questions to be asked:
1- What is different between Date of Marriage and Issued Date of Marriage Certificate. which date we should fill out in the form DS 260.
2-If I have a child between after Form DS 260 sent and before Visa interview, what should I process my documents? and;
3- What should I do if I have a child after issuing Visa?

I look forward to receiving your answer.

Thanks and Best Regards
Saraun

Hi, all friends

I have some questions to be asked:
1- What is different between Date of Marriage and Issued Date of Marriage Certificate. which date we should fill out in the form DS 260.
2-If I have a child between after Form DS 260 sent and before Visa interview, what should I process my documents? and;
3- What should I do if I have a child after issuing Visa?

I look forward to receiving your answer.

Thanks and Best Regards
Saraun

1. What is the actual question on the DS260? Answer it. (Obviously some marriage certificates are issued after the actual marriage date which is why there is a difference....)
2. Update the DS260 of yourself and your spouse to reflect your new child as a dependent, fill in a new one for the child and send the birth certificate
3. Assuming you have not yet landed with your visa: Get a passport for the child and a travel letter from the embassy (you may need it to convince the airlines). The child will be processed on arrival. If the child is born in the US s/he automatically becomes a US citizen.

1. What is the actual question on the DS260? Answer it. (Obviously some marriage certificates are issued after the actual marriage date which is why there is a difference....)
2. Update the DS260 of yourself and your spouse to reflect your new child as a dependent, fill in a new one for the child and send the birth certificate
3. Assuming you have not yet landed with your visa: Get a passport for the child and a travel letter from the embassy (you may need it to convince the airlines). The child will be processed on arrival. If the child is born in the US s/he automatically becomes a US citizen.

Thanks.
So, It means that I should fill out the Date of Marriage as appeared on the Form DS 260. Relevant to the Issued Date of Marriage Certificate and Date of Marriage, which one is legally to be filled out according to legal procedure? Because, no Date of Marriage appears in Marriage Certificate, it has only the Issued Date of Marriage Certificate found. Thanks

Sorry that must be something peculiar to your system. Most marriage certificates I know have the date of marriage on them? What do other people from your country do?

I am not sure too, but for my marriage certificate has registration date, and place of marriage, there is no date of marriage. I would like to let you know that, I' got married in 2006, but I and my wife registered marriage status in 2011. but the certificate mentioned only registration date and no date of marriage.