Marriage after GC Approval.

immi41

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,
I got my green card last year as single. Now, in my home, they are planning for my marriage. I know that it will take long time to get family based GC for my spouse. So, is there any way to bring my wife soon if i get married. Any updates on processing time for Family based GC cases? How about Counseller processing in India? Any temp visa or something for GC holder's spouse?
Any info about this case? or any URL links....?

Your help will be appreciated....

Thanks.

Thats messed up

You will have to wait 3-4 years at least or maybe more. She can come here on a F1 or H1 if possible. But I'd rather have her come here on her own and then marry her because she might have a problem getting Visas with a PR husband.

Be sure about what you want. Dont mess up someone else's life too! Staying away from your wife for long periods of time is not a joke. You can wait 4 years to get your citizenship and then get her here. I am not sure about CP. but from what I have heard, its really hard for a GC holder to bring the spouse to the US.

Good luck!

Hi patienceGC,

Thanks...

Yes. Thats what i am thinking too actually.......

option-1: should marry after i get my citizenship.
option-2: should marry a girl already here in US with F1 or H1.

hmmm.....let me see what will happen....hoping for the best !!

Anyhow, thanks for your tip.....

Patientgc

or Shantanu :)
is it not 5 years before you process your citizenship? you said 4 years so I am wondering.

thanks

Check info on K visa

Hi immi41,

Congratulations for your Green Card.

Well there is visa called as K Visa, specifically K3 Visa to get spouses of Green Card Holders & US Citizens.

Check www.immihelp.com site. Check under Visas category, you will find a link to K and V visa.

Wish You Good Luck for your spouse hunting.

Just a suggestion, marry a girl from INDIA so that she gets a chance to raise her living standards and explore the world.
Unless and untill you are in Love with some one here in US, don't go for ABCD's.

Probably

Get a fiancee visa for her and get married here ( but I don't know whether that visa is for GC or citizens)

Re: Patientgc

Originally posted by canvrgtitright
or Shantanu :)
is it not 5 years before you process your citizenship? you said 4 years so I am wondering.

thanks

PatienceGC here: he said he got his GC last year so thats why i took a year off :)

Vinidel: There aint nothing wrong with ABCDs if you can find the right one ;)

hold on, man!

sounds like you just want to get married, but not necessarily to marry the one in India? that doesn't sound right. ;)
I agree with PatienceGC, think again and please dont' mess up other's life before you are sure about what you are doing!
Anyway, good luck!

Option (1)
Marry her. Apply for her GC as a PR. It will take 5-6 years. In the meanwhile, try to get a H1 or L1. H1 and L1 has the doctrine of dual-intent. No other visa status (including F1) qualify. After 3 years of filing GC, she is eligible for V visa along with EAD & AP.

Option (2)
Marry a girl from here. If you marry a F1, its fine as long as she doesn't travel. If she travels overseas on F1 after filing GC, she will be debarred from re-entry because she is an intending immigrant! Be careful.

Option (3)
Marry a PR or US citizen.

Option (4)
Do not marry at all! :D

Good Luck!

Hi Guys,
Thank you for all your tips & info.....

Hi vinidel1,
Thank you for the link about K & V visas.

I sincerely appreciate each one of you for taking time to give me these tips.......

:) :) :confused: :confused: :) :)

Originally posted by immi41
Hi Friends,
I got my green card last year as single. Now, in my home, they are planning for my marriage. I know that it will take long time to get family based GC for my spouse. So, is there any way to bring my wife soon if i get married. Any updates on processing time for Family based GC cases? How about Counseller processing in India? Any temp visa or something for GC holder's spouse?
Any info about this case? or any URL links....?

Your help will be appreciated....

Thanks.

It would take sometime, just what;s everyone telling you...

Just get someone that already has a gc... what's with your arranged marriage thing...