Mark-sheets vs Transcript or both

TAPS2050

Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of preparing a package for a TN visa (on my own). I have a question regarding educational certificates. I studied in India at Gujarat University.

Gujarat University was the examining body and the issuer of degrees, while colleges (i.e., schools) were where I studied. Colleges could be in different cities or places than Gujarat University as long as they followed all the guidelines set by Gujarat University for their affiliation.

The issue arises with transcripts: my universities only issued mark sheets (statements of marks for each subject per semester) and degree certificates. Transcripts are only provided by the colleges independently and must be verified by the university. The university does not issue transcripts. (i.e., Mark sheets and degrees bear the university's name as the issuer, whereas transcripts display the college's name with a note indicating affiliation with a specific university.) Do we still need to provide transcripts, or are original mark sheets the preferred option?

You will need to have your studies evaluated for equivalence to US bachelors degree, so provide ALL you can to the evaluation firm. They can guide you as to what you need.

Thanks for reply. I already got my studies evaluated by WES Canada and WES USA both. By the way, they did not ask for Transcript as they do not accept any documents that are not issued by the exam taking authority (i.e. University). They only asked for Mark-sheets and Degree Certificate.

However, everywhere I ready that Transcript is necessary document and you might be turned away. So, want to confirm if Marksheets (original) will work in my case or I need to get the transcripts arranged (even though it is issued by only the college/school and not the University) for the sake of it.

You need your diploma and the evaluation.

Transcripts are for those who do not have a direct correlation between their degree and the TN category for which they are applying.

If this is not your case, then don't worry about it. If it is, bring every stich of transcript/marks/etc to make your case.

Jaz
Asking about port implies that you think that there is a difference in ports ("better" ports). There isn't. Just focus on a proper petition.